DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Music Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk-28/)
-   -   As I Lay Dying lead singer arrested in murder for hire plot (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/610634-i-lay-dying-lead-singer-arrested-murder-hire-plot.html)

Tarantino 05-10-13 07:46 AM

As I Lay Dying lead singer arrested in murder for hire plot

From Huffington Post:

OCEANSIDE, Calif. -- The lead singer of Grammy-nominated heavy metal band As I Lay Dying was arrested Tuesday in Southern California as authorities said he tried to hire an undercover detective to kill his estranged wife.

Tim Lambesis, 32, was arrested at a retail business in Oceanside, the San Diego County Sheriff's Department said in a statement.

The statement said detectives received information Thursday that Lambesis had solicited someone to kill his wife, who lives in nearby Encinitas. A task force from several law enforcement agencies quickly launched an investigation that led to the arrest.

The department would give no further details on the investigation.

As I Lay Dying formed in San Diego in 2000 and has released six albums including 2007's "An Ocean Between Us," which reached No. 8 on Billboard's charts. A track from the album was nominated for a Grammy for top metal performance.

It was not clear whether Lambesis had hired an attorney, and a phone message seeking comment left at a number listed in his name was not immediately returned.

According to its website, the band is scheduled to tour the country with several other metal acts starting later this month.

LINK

dsa_shea 05-10-13 08:14 AM

Re: As I Lay Dying lead singer arrested in murder for hire plot

Sounds like someone just killed their hopes to tour this year.

Groucho 05-10-13 08:38 AM

Is this the "refreshing" band or is that another Christian metal act?

bunkaroo 05-10-13 09:04 AM

At least we can thank him for murdering his music career.

nodeerforamonth 05-10-13 09:12 AM

Austrian Death Machine was pretty cool.

I can't believe that he made so much money 2 years ago! $233,000?!??! He can almost afford to live in CA off that!

Josh-da-man 05-10-13 07:26 PM

I'm just relieved he wasn't from a band I like. Only way this could have been better if it was someone from FFDP or ATR.

asianxcore 05-10-13 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by Groucho (Post 11685691)
Is this the "refreshing" band or is that another Christian metal act?

They are a Christian Metal/Metalcore band, but aren't as preachy as many of the bands they've shared labels with in the past.

cungar 05-10-13 10:54 PM

Remember folks, when you have to off the old lady, the $1000 hit man just might not be on the up and up.

Troy Stiffler 05-12-13 11:11 PM

Damn right. What a cheap ass. The going price around here is $10k.

Supermallet 05-13-13 12:33 AM

A punk frontman would have done it himself.

Josh-da-man 05-13-13 12:36 AM

A real man would've O.J.ed the bitch with a SEAL tactical knife.

RichC2 05-13-13 05:37 PM

I've been to a few of their shows and like the band a good bit, but honestly they could replace the lead singer without so much as a hiccup. Austrian Death Machine was amusing.

Plus hiring a hitman is the Christian thing to do, I guess?