Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Lollapalooza 2013 lineup leaked

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-13, 02:51 PM

Received 4,581 Likes on 3,101 Posts

The Cure and Nine Inch Nails will join previously confirmed acts Mumford & Sons, the Killers, Phoenix, Vampire Weekend, the National and the Postal Service at Lollapalooza in Grant Park on Aug. 2-4.

Multiple industry sources confirmed Thursday that a picture of a Lollapalooza poster that leaked on-line Wednesday night was legitimate. Lollapalooza spokeswoman Shelby Meade would not comment on the leaked lineup, but said official confirmation of the actual lineup would come next week with a new on-sale date for single-day tickets (three-day tickets have already sold out).

The rest of the Lollapalooza lineup that appeared on the poster includes:

Queens of the Stone Age, the Lumineers, Kendrick Lamar, New Order, Eric Church, Knife Party, Steve Aoki, Steve Angello, Ellie Goulding, Thievery Corporation, Grizzly Bear, Lana Del Rey, Flux Pavilion, Band of Horses, Major Lazer, Hot Chip, Azealia Banks, Local Natives, Two Door Cinema Club, Crystal Castles, Dada Life, Tegan & Sara, Imagine Dragons, Beach House, Cat Power, Frightened Rabbit, 2 Chainz, Matt & Kim, Alt-J, Foals, Death Grips, Dillon Francis, Court Yard Hounds, Smith Westerns, Disclosure, Adventure Club, Ben Howard, The Vaccines, Griz, Father John Misty, Ghost, Modestep, Charles Bradley, DIIV, Alex Clare, Heartless Bastards, Baauer, Baroness, Lianne La Havas, Emeli Sande, Wild Nothing.

Jessie Ware, Atlas Genius, Haim, Angel Haze, Timeflies, Theophilus London, Monsta, Wavves, Io Echo, Unknown Mortal Orchestra, Icona Pop, Alvin Risk, Chance the Rapper, Lance Herbstrong, Jake Bugg, Wild Belle, Art Department, MS MR, St. Lucia, Shovels & Rope, Guards, Kill the Noise, Robert Delong, Little Green Cars, Deap Vally, Family of the Year, 360, the Bright Light Social Hour, Twenty One Pilots, San Cisco, Hey Marseilles, Skaters, The Orwells, Palma Violets, Reignwolf, Astro, Pujol, Machines Are People Too, Planet Hemp, Yawn, Keys N Krates, the Neighbourhood, Cole Plante, Half Moon Run, The Mowgli's, Pacific Air, Lukas Nelson & P.O.T.R., Wheeler Brothers, Wake Owl, American Authors, O' Brother, the Dunwells, Houndmouth, Supreme Cuts, Brick + Mortar, Cherub, Makeshift Prodigy, Wild Cub, D-Pryde, Brooke Waggoner, Brite Lite Brite, Beast Patrol.
3 Day passes sold out in record time. I'm glad I got mine.
Old 03-28-13, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,156 Likes on 902 Posts
Re: Lollapalooza 2013 lineup leaked

Meh. I'd like to see Nine Inch Nails and Vampire Weekend. I saw Queens of the Stone Age as my first concert back in 2007 and wouldn't mind seeing them again. Aside from those three though nothing that really grabs my attention.
Old 03-28-13, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's a pretty good line-up. I'm too old for festivals, but I'd love to see Ghost, QotSA, The National, Tegan and Sara, Frightened Rabbit, Baroness and Heartless Bastards.

Also, to see the Cure and New Order headlining festivals together in 2013 in Chicago is kind of blowing my mind.
Old 03-28-13, 04:46 PM

I'm fucking stoked to see The Cure and New Order.
Old 03-29-13, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

Good Grief....The Cure and New Order are the two most boring bands you could ever see live. Not trying to be a Debi Downer here but holy cow, you guys are gonna be disappointed.
Old 03-29-13, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by Dan1boy
Good Grief....The Cure and New Order are the two most boring bands you could ever see live. Not trying to be a Debi Downer here but holy cow, you guys are gonna be disappointed.
Old 03-29-13, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan1boy
The Cure is one of the best live bands I've ever seen.

Why are they boring? They don't jump around enough?
Old 03-29-13, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts

Eric Church huh? Wow.
Old 03-29-13, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by DaveWadding
Eric Church huh? Wow.
And the Dixie Chicks side project. Weird.
Old 03-29-13, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by cungar

Agreed, they are great live. New Order on the other hand... eh, not so much.
Old 03-29-13, 03:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as "orangecrush18" - still legal though

I have only seen them once on the Bloodflowers tour and I thought they were up there. They had no opening band and played for nearly 3 hours.
Old 04-01-13, 01:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lollapalooza 2013 Chicago Lineup!

FRIDAY, AUGUST 2
The Killers
Nine Inch Nails
New Order
Queens Of The Stone Age
Steve Aoki
Thievery Corporation
Lana Del Rey
Flux Pavilion
Band Of Horses
Hot Chip
Crystal Castles
Imagine Dragons
Frightened Rabbit
Dillon Francis
Smith Westerns
Disclosure
Father John Misty
Ghost B.C.
Modestep
Emeli Sande
Jessie Ware
Atlas Genius
Timeflies
Theophilus London
Monsta
IO Echo
Icona Pop
Chance The Rapper
Lance Herbstrong
Robert DeLong
Deap Vally
Twenty One Pilots
San Cisco
Hey Marseilles
Keys N Krates
The Neighbourhood
Pacific Air
American Authors
Houndmouth
Brick + Mortar
D-Pryde
Brite Lite Brite

SATURDAY, AUGUST 3
Mumford & Sons
The Postal Service
The National
The Lumineers
Kendrick Lamar
Eric Church
Steve Angello
Ellie Goulding
Azealia Banks
Local Natives
Dada Life
Matt & Kim
Foals
Death Grips
Court Yard Hounds
Adventure Club
Ben Howard
GriZ
Charles Bradley
Heartless Bastards
Baauer
HAIM
Unknown Mortal Orchestra
St. Lucia
Shovels & Rope
Little Green Cars
Family of the Year
The Bright Light Social Hour
Reignwolf
Pujol
Planet Hemp
Cole Plante
Lukas Nelson & P.O.T.R.
Blondfire
Frontier Ruckus
Wheeler Brothers
The Dunwells
Supreme Cuts
Cherub
Wild Cub
Brooke Waggoner
Beast Patrol

SUNDAY, AUGUST 4
The Cure
Phoenix
Vampire Weekend
Knife Party
Grizzly Bear
Major Lazer
Dog Blood
Two Door Cinema Club
Tegan and Sara
Beach House
Cat Power
2 Chainz
Alt-J
The Vaccines
DIIV
Alex Clare
Baroness
Lianne La Havas
Wild Nothing
Angel Haze
Wavves
Alvin Risk
Jake Bugg
Wild Belle
Art Department
MS MR
Family of the Year
Kill the Noise
SKAYTERS
The Orwells
Palma Violets
Astro
Machines Are People Too
YAWN
Half Moon Run
The Mowgli’s
Wake Owl
Bear Mountain
O’ Brother
Makeshift Prodigy
Old 04-01-13, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 182 Likes on 120 Posts

Old 04-01-13, 03:43 PM
Banned

Location: Conducting miss-aisle drills and listening to their rock n roll
Received 168 Likes on 126 Posts
Re: Lollapalooza 2013 Chicago Lineup!

FRIDAY, AUGUST 2
The Killers
Nine Inch Nails
New Order
Queens Of The Stone Age
Steve Aoki
I went to High School with Steve Aoki. Is he really so fucking big now to be listed fifth beneath these groups? Did he blow up with a big single or something recently? Wow. Maybe I should make an attempt to listen to his music.
Old 04-01-13, 04:20 PM
Suspended

Three bands that have huge albums out aren't billed, The Strokes, YYYs, and David Bowie who I kind of thought would headline. I also thought Justin Timberlake would do one night.
Old 04-01-13, 07:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 172 Posts

Wow, we now have the biggest festival on the continent. Nice.

After signing a 10-year contract last year with the Chicago Park District that will keep Lollapalooza in Grant Park through 2022, Jones said daily capacity was capped at 100,000, which makes its daily attendance bigger than any destination rock festival in North America, including Coachella in California and Bonnaroo in Tennessee.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/entert...1568324.column

FRIDAY LINEUP

Spoiler:
The Killers, Nine Inch Nails, New Order, Queens of the Stone Age, Steve Aoki, Thievery Corporation, Lana Del Rey, Flux Pavilion, Band of Horses, Hot Chip, Crystal Castles, Imagine Dragons, Frightened Rabbit, Dillon Francis, Smith Westerns, Disclosure.

Father John Misty, Ghost B.C., Modestep, Emeli Sande, Jessie Ware, Atlas Genius, Timeflies, Theophilus London, Monsta, IO Echo, Icona Pop, Chance the Rapper, Lance Herbstrong, Robert DeLong, Deep Vally, Twenty One Pilots, San Cisco, Hey Marseilles, Keys N Krates, the Neighbourhood, Pacific Air, American Authors, Houndmouth, Brick + Mortar, D-Pryde, Brite Lite Brite.

SATURDAY LINEUP

Spoiler:
Mumford & Sons, the Postal Service, the National, the Lumineers, Kendrick Lamar, Eric Church, Steve Angello, Ellie Goulding, Azealia Banks, Local Natives, Dada Life, Matt & Kim, Foals, Death Grips, Court Yard Hounds, Adventure Club, Ben Howard, GriZ.

Charles Bradley, Heartless Bastards, Baauer, Haim, Unknown Mortal Orchestra, St. Lucia, Shovels & Rope, Little Green Cars, Family of the Year, 360, the Bright Light Social Hot, Reignwolf, Pujol, Planet Hemp, Cole Plante, Lukas Nelson & P.O.T.R., Blondfire, Frontier Ruckus, Wheeler Brothers, the Dunwells, Supreme Cuts, Cherub, Wild Cub, Brooke Waggoner, Beast Patrol.

SUNDAY LINEUP

Spoiler:
The Cure, Phoenix, Vampire Weekend, Knife Party, Grizzly Bear, Major Lazer, Dog Blood, Two Door Cinema Club, Tegan and Sara, Beach House, Cat Power, 2 Chainz, Alt-J, the Vaccines, DIIV, Alex Clare, Baroness, Lianne La Havas, Wild Nothing.

Angel Haze, Wavves, Alvin Risk, Jake Bugg, Wild Belle, Art Department, MS MR, Guards, Kill the Noise, Skaters, the Orwells, Palma Violets, Astro, Machines are People Too, Yawn, Half Moon Run, the Mowgli’s, Wake Owl, Bear Mountain, O’Brother, Makeshift Prodigy.
Old 04-02-13, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by PenguinJoe
Three bands that have huge albums out aren't billed, The Strokes, YYYs, and David Bowie who I kind of thought would headline. I also thought Justin Timberlake would do one night.
The Strokes album isn't huge. They haven't done any press and haven't announced any tour plans. This album fulfills their RCA 5 album commitment, and a lot of people are speculating they are done after this.

Lolla couldn't get Bowie even if they tried. If he were doing a festival it would be somewhere in the U.K.

Timberlake & Jay Z are playing Soldier Field in July.

The only ones I'm surprised are not on the lineup are YYYs.

Ending the weekend with The Cure on Sunday is going to be amazing. I can't wait.

Originally Posted by Mabuse
I went to High School with Steve Aoki. Is he really so fucking big now to be listed fifth beneath these groups? Did he blow up with a big single or something recently? Wow. Maybe I should make an attempt to listen to his music.
I think he is listed that high because he will be headlining Perry's that night. I dont listen to EDM, but I know the name. So, if I've heard of him, he must be pretty big.

Last edited by dex14; 04-02-13 at 07:56 AM.
Old 04-02-13, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 182 Likes on 120 Posts

I must be getting old, the only bands I know are The Cure, The Killers, Nine Inch Nails, New Order & Queens of the Stone Age. I did attend the first Lollapalooza.

Henry Rollins doing Cop Killer with Body Count