DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Music Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk-28/)
-   -   My Chemical Romance Break Up (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/609541-my-chemical-romance-break-up.html)

sherm42 03-23-13 11:27 AM

My Chemical Romance Break Up

Bummer. I really liked The Black Parade and some of their other tracks.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...=entertainment

Why So Blu? 03-23-13 11:58 AM

Re: My Chemical Romance Break Up

Never got into them but do like their cover of Desolation Row that ends the Watchmen film.

cungar 03-23-13 12:54 PM

Tragic

Jack Straw 03-23-13 09:44 PM

Wow, too bad! Although I wasn't terribly enamored with their latest release, I really liked Black Parade and Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge. I thought they were a solid studio band, but the vocals seemed to get a bit sketchy sounding when performed live.

story 03-23-13 10:05 PM

I don't really know this band but I do think the thread title sounds like their next album or a supergroup mash-up.

bearkiss 03-24-13 09:27 AM

read about this friday night... very sad to hear... black parade was definitely one of the best rock albums in the last decade

cungar 03-24-13 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by bearkiss (Post 11626304)
read about this friday night... very sad to hear... black parade was definitely one of the best rock albums in the last decade

:lol:

dex14 03-25-13 08:11 AM

This was the best news I heard all week. They were a bunch of fucking posers. They played in my town and were fucking horrible before they got "big". Good riddance.

bunkaroo 03-25-13 01:25 PM

I had to go listen to a clip because I had always assumed this was some kind of emo-type crap based on the name and the image. So I went and listened to the most popular track from Black Parade.

Yep, exactly what I expected it to sound like. Maybe this is popular with people who first heard it when they were in high school? I don't mean that as a knock on those who like it - I just can't see getting into this band as an adult.

macnorton 03-25-13 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by bunkaroo (Post 11627994)
I had to go listen to a clip because I had always assumed this was some kind of emo-type crap based on the name and the image. So I went and listened to the most popular track from Black Parade.

Yep, exactly what I expected it to sound like. Maybe this is popular with people who first heard it when they were in high school? I don't mean that as a knock on those who like it - I just can't see getting into this band as an adult.

You can put me in the category of liking it as an adult. My brother (five years younger then me) was into them when he was in high school. I got into them at The Black Parade, which I really enjoyed. The followup as well.

Comparatively, I did not like Three Cheers initially. I have grown to like it now, but I would use your summation at the time to describe how I felt about it.

Mike86 03-25-13 05:12 PM

Shit that really sucks. I've always kind of liked them as a guilty pleasure band. I especially really liked their last album, Danger Days: The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys. Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge is really good as well.

ytrez 03-26-13 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by macnorton (Post 11628151)
You can put me in the category of liking it as an adult.

Me too. I was in my late 30's when I first heard them and I've loved them ever since. My son joked that the breakup "ruined the weekend for nostalgic young girls and my dad."

Tarantino 03-28-13 08:38 PM

I liked the Black Parade album. I heard them on one of Kevin Smith's podcasts and they sounded like cool guys.

RagingBull80 03-28-13 09:00 PM

I would like to thank cungar for coming in here and making the posts he did so that I didn't have to be the dick who did it. ;)

cungar 03-29-13 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by RagingBull80 (Post 11632801)
I would like to thank cungar for coming in here and making the posts he did so that I didn't have to be the dick who did it. ;)

Always here to help