DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Music Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk-28/)
-   -   Nicole Westbrook's "It's Thanksgiving" — Gentlemen, rev your mocking engines (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/606410-nicole-westbrooks-its-thanksgiving-%97-gentlemen-rev-your-mocking-engines.html)

The Bus 11-13-12 12:34 AM

Nicole Westbrook's "It's Thanksgiving" — Gentlemen, rev your mocking engines

First off, what kind of 13-year old makes her own Thanksgiving dinner? There only seems to be one adult, and they are wearing a turkey costume.

They also don't mention Halloween. This is clearly a Papist video, and virulently anti-Pagan.

Mostly, I do not approve.

The Bus 11-13-12 12:35 AM

Re: Nicole Westbrook's "It's Thanksgiving" — Gentlemen, rev your mocking engines

Also, 4.3MM views.

PopcornTreeCt 11-13-12 12:45 AM

Re: Nicole Westbrook's "It's Thanksgiving" — Gentlemen, rev your mocking engines

I like the rap at the end.

I don't understand how these videos that are made with the same safeness and devoid of creativity as Public Service Announcements have become so mainstream. I blame Disney.

Ropes Pierre 11-13-12 06:08 PM

I think the premise is that she feigned illness so her parents left her at home, and now she is going to have an orgy.

Mabuse 11-13-12 06:53 PM

Who is this person? Is this like a Rebecca Black thing?

Bob_Bobbson 11-13-12 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Mabuse (Post 11467035)
Who is this person? Is this like a Rebecca Black thing?

The dude in the video is the same guy who was in the Rebecca Black video. His name is Patrice Wilson and he writes and produces all these songs like this and Friday.

Coral 11-13-12 07:45 PM

It's terrible and they know it's terrible.

The old adage that "any publicity is good publicity" applies here.
Rebecca Black got famous for having a brutally horrid song - and it's actually opened some doors for her. She wouldn't have gotten the attention she received by releasing a merely bad song.

Mabuse 11-14-12 10:47 AM

Heard the song on the radio this morning. DJ's were mocking it. It's 10x better than the latest Christina Aguilera single. It's fun and all to goof on these girls, but let's not pretend this music is made in a vacuum. They're trying to sound like the current flock of musicians that dominate the pop charts, many of which are just as vapid and tone deaf.

I will admit that the whole premiss is extremely silly. What kid gets that excited about Thanksgiving?

Decker 11-14-12 10:54 AM

Cannibalistic turkey! That's just sick.

B.A. 11-14-12 12:02 PM

Now I'm hungry.

DaveWadding 11-14-12 06:02 PM

There are so many filters on her voice it barely sounds human.

Supermallet 11-14-12 11:53 PM

Finally, a song to play on loop during Thanksgiving dinners!