Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Taylor Swift -- Discussion Thread

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Taylor Swift -- Discussion Thread

Old 08-04-23, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 792 Likes on 644 Posts
Re: Taylor Swift -- Discussion Thread

She rejected or is not interested in Travis Kelce

Josh Allen had some relationship advice for Travis Kelce after the Chiefs star revealed his failed attempt to give his number to Taylor Swift.

In an interview on Up and Adams, Allen, 27, was asked if he had any advice for athletes who want to "attract a superstar talent" amid his new relationship with actress Hailee Steinfeld.

The Buffalo Bills star laughed and shared his best tip: "Not friendship bracelets," referencing a recent confession from Kelce, 33, that he tried to give Swift his phone number on a friendship bracelet while he attended a stop on her Eras Tour.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...181532992.html

Old 08-06-23, 08:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

She had a embrace with Kobe Bryant's daughter at one of the LA shows

Old 08-06-23, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,674 Likes on 4,557 Posts

She didn't just hug her, she gave her the 22 hat!

I thought this was really cool, for an awesome Surprise Song
Old 08-07-23, 06:37 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 136 Likes on 115 Posts

When might this be available on PPV, HBO, special streaming event etc??

we looking at sometime in 24? They gotta have one.

I would never pay to see her, but would like to see what the fuss is about with regard to the live shows.
Old 08-07-23, 08:22 AM

They are most definitely filming the L.A. shows. Nothing has been announced yet.
Her last tour (Reputation) film streams now on Netflix. While the new show is WAY better, it could give you an idea.
Old 08-07-23, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,281 Likes on 986 Posts

Swift should have kicked in some cash to the hotel workers currently on strike, since her shows could not be postponed, and folks coming to those shows had no choice but to cross the picket lines.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/over-11-0...024154325.html

Last edited by Why So Blu?; 08-07-23 at 10:33 AM.
Old 08-07-23, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,166 Likes on 842 Posts

I saw this thing about her giving Kobe's daughter the hat and how great that was. I mean, I know she lost her father, but she is still living, and will forever live a privileged life, where she is treated as special because of who her father was. I don't know why she needs to be handed a gift from Taylor Swift --other than that it is great publicity for Taylor, versus the hundreds (thousands?) of other fatherless girls at that concert who could have had the spotlight put on them for what will likely be the only time in their lives.
Old 08-07-23, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Count Dooku
I saw this thing about her giving Kobe's daughter the hat and how great that was. I mean, I know she lost her father, but she is still living, and will forever live a privileged life, where she is treated as special because of who her father was. I don't know why she needs to be handed a gift from Taylor Swift --other than that it is great publicity for Taylor, versus the hundreds (thousands?) of other fatherless girls at that concert who could have had the spotlight put on them for what will likely be the only time in their lives.
JFC. She's friends with the family and has been for years. She's not allowed to give this family friend (and orphan!) a hat and a hug?
Old 08-07-23, 05:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Decker
JFC. She's friends with the family and has been for years. She's not allowed to give this family friend (and orphan!) a hat and a hug?
If, as Kobe describes, Taylor has been an acquaintance of the Bryant family for many years, then Bianca Bryant would have many opportunities to receive gifts from Taylor, in person, but not in public.
How many thousands of girls were at that concert who would never have a chance to hug Taylor Swift or receive a gift from her? It just seems odd to me that she would make such a public display of interacting with a celebrity family at her concert.
Why not take that opportunity to make a memory that will last a lifetime for some normal fan, who's not going meet a celebrity (maybe) ever again, and maybe had to spend all the money they had on a ticket? It would be like winning the lottery for some normal fan to be able to hug Taylor and get a gift.
I'm certain Taylor is welcome at the Bryant estate anytime to hug the fuck out of that girl.
And she's not an orphan.
The following users liked this post:
bchbdaddy (08-07-23)
Old 08-07-23, 06:49 PM

Why not take that opportunity to make a memory that will last a lifetime for some normal fan, who's not going meet a celebrity (maybe) ever again, and maybe had to spend all the money they had on a ticket? It would be like winning the lottery for some normal fan to be able to hug Taylor and get a gift.
She does it every single show. Many little girls have gotten that once in a lifetime gift. And every little girl in that arena got a memory that will last a lifetime. So once when a family friend comes to the show, Taylor chooses her for the surprise. Who cares?
Did you complain when Bruce Springsteen brought a 91-year old superfan up to dance with him during Dancing In The Dark at a show, even though she'd seen him 100 times and there were other people there who would have really liked to have joined him?

And she's not an orphan.
What classifies as an orphan?
An orphan is a child whose parents have died. The term is sometimes used to describe any person whose parents have died, though this is less common. A child who only has one living parent is also sometimes considered an orphan.

Last edited by Decker; 08-07-23 at 07:04 PM.
Old 08-07-23, 06:56 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,899 Likes on 2,785 Posts

My Taylor Swift tour shirt that I picked up while at work last week. The merch booth wasn't that crazy when I dropped by around 6pm last Thursday.

Old 08-07-23, 06:57 PM

Yep, that's the one I have. Nice thick cotton. It's nice.
Old 08-07-23, 07:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

She does it every single show. Many little girls have gotten that once in a lifetime gift. And every little girl in that arena got a memory that will last a lifetime. So once when a family friend comes to the show, Taylor chooses her for the surprise. Who cares?
Did you complain when Bruce Springsteen brought a 91-year old superfan up to dance with him during Dancing In The Dark at a show, even though she'd seen him 100 times and there were other people there who would have really liked to have joined him?
That 91 year old woman is not rich and/or famous. I guess you believe that the two things rich and famous people need most is free stuff and more attention. I feel differently.
Old 08-07-23, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I wish they made the Midnights Special Edition CD available at Amazon or the big stores and not just at the sight or venues of the concerts

Last edited by JeffTheAlpaca; 08-08-23 at 04:05 AM.
Old 08-07-23, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,286 Likes on 788 Posts

If the Internet has taught me anything, people will complain about nothing.
Old 08-07-23, 10:38 PM

That 91 year old woman is not rich and/or famous. I guess you believe that the two things rich and famous people need most is free stuff and more attention. I feel differently.
I promiIe you, every single person with a front row floor seat for night 1 of Eras Tour at Sofi Stadium is, if not famous, at least rich.

But sure, let's complain about how selfish the 33 year old woman who just gave her tour drivers $5M in bonuses is, because one night she gave her hat to a young girl she knows whose wealthy father and sister were killed 3 years ago.
For one night she did indeed deprive some random lucky rich kid a cool moment and instead created a viral moment by rewarding a friend's child who happens to be in the most beloved family in Los Angeles. She's a monster!
Old 08-08-23, 12:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I promiIe you, every single person with a front row floor seat for night 1 of Eras Tour at Sofi Stadium is, if not famous, at least rich.

But sure, let's complain about how selfish the 33 year old woman who just gave her tour drivers $5M in bonuses is, because one night she gave her hat to a young girl she knows whose wealthy father and sister were killed 3 years ago.
For one night she did indeed deprive some random lucky rich kid a cool moment and instead created a viral moment by rewarding a friend's child who happens to be in the most beloved family in Los Angeles. She's a monster!
In that case, her tour staff should be tasked with identifying a deserving fan to be brought to the stage to receive the hat. Instead of creating a viral moment one time by handing her hat to the daughter of a dead celebrity, she could create a viral moment at every show by handing her hat to a girl who has some kind of special story about her life that deserves to be celebrated. Every local news station on the tour could have a heartwarming story about the girl chosen for that concert.

I'm not a Taylor Swift follower. I knew about this because it made the national news on two networks. Obviously it was covered as this wonderful gesture. I just don't understand why people would see a super famous person interacting with the child of another famous person as something special.

Anyways, this is what I originally posted:
It certainly is far from painting Swift as "a monster." And I don't know where you get the idea that I was "complaining" about Swift being "selfish." I said she was creating a great publicity moment, which you yourself admit she was doing. I just didn't think what she did was the best use of that gesture, and that was before you told me she was friends with the Bryant family, which just makes it weirder in my opinion. Perhaps, living in Texas and not being a basketball fan, I am just too disconnected from how the family of a dead rapist is revered as Los Angeles royalty.

One other thing, you have developed the habit of replying to my posts and misrepresenting what I have said. Please stop doing that. It's very annoying.
Old 08-08-23, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca
I wish they made the Midnights Special Edition CD available at Amazon or the big stores and not just at the sight or venues of the concerts

You might just get your wish. There are rumors of a so-called 24-Hour Edition with not only the original songs, but the extra songs and the remix editions of Lavender Haze and Anti-Hero.
Old 08-08-23, 10:11 AM

You're Losing Me is a really great track. I'm bummed it's not yet available for streaming.
Old 08-08-23, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 202 Likes on 151 Posts

You're Losing Me is a really great track. I'm bummed it's not yet available for streaming.
That's weird. Amazon Music (the free with Prime version) has even album Swift has released. The "Late Night" edition strangely omits just that one track.
Old 08-08-23, 03:17 PM

I believe it's the "Til Dawn" edition available, which has all the other tracks. "You're Losing Me" is for now exclusive to the Late Night Edition and only available to concert-goers. It's not even in her Merch shops.
Old 08-08-23, 09:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by RayChuang
You might just get your wish. There are rumors of a so-called 24-Hour Edition with not only the original songs, but the extra songs and the remix editions of Lavender Haze and Anti-Hero.

I hope it comes out on CD and not just a digital format
JeremyM (08-09-23)
Old 08-09-23, 02:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

It seems like every celebrity on earth has tickets to see her shows.

Not sure how many of them are real fans or just want to be seen at the latest cool thing like a Lakers game.
Old 08-09-23, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 647 Likes on 465 Posts

Anyone who posts in the NBA threads in the sports forum knows how much I hate Kobe Bryant, and take every opportunity to say it, but you're really grasping at straws here, looking for something to complain about. I had nosebleed seats with my daughter, and she would have loved to be front and center to get that hat, but it's not like she somehow got slighted because one rich kid got it. And she did not go home feeling disappointed because she didn't get that opportunity. Anyone inside that stadium was happy -- ecstatic -- to be there, full stop.

Originally Posted by Spiderbite
If the Internet has taught me anything, people will complain about nothing.
and everything.
Old 08-09-23, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 647 Likes on 465 Posts

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca
It seems like every celebrity on earth has tickets to see her shows.

Not sure how many of them are real fans or just want to be seen at the latest cool thing like a Lakers game.
They are real fans when they walk out, I'm betting.
BDB (08-09-23)

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.