Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Taylor Swift -- Discussion Thread

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Taylor Swift -- Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-22, 10:44 AM
RIP

Received 54 Likes on 41 Posts
Re: Taylor Swift -- Discussion Thread

Originally Posted by Decker
My daughter's been waiting in the Ticketmaster queue for an hour and a half now. She said the line is paused she says it's a nightmare. I don't know if we are ever going to get tickets. I thought the Adele demand at Caesars was high, it's nothing compared to this.
Sorry to hear that. Best of luck, I hope it works out for you guys. I am doing the Capital One presale in a few hours. Hopefully it's fixed by then, but it seems doubtful.
The following users liked this post:
Decker (11-15-22)
Old 11-15-22, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 575 Likes on 416 Posts

I am in the queue, though the queue only became active about an hour ago (before that it said that the whole presale was paused). Of course, all it tells me is "2000+ People Ahead of you" so no idea when I come off the queue. And no system to figure out how to be alerted so what, am I supposed to sit in front of my computer for the next 12 hours?
Old 11-15-22, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by EddieMoney
Sorry to hear that. Best of luck, I hope it works out for you guys. I am doing the Capital One presale in a few hours. Hopefully it's fixed by then, but it seems doubtful.
Capital One presale was rescheduled for tomorrow: https://twitter.com/TMFanSupport?ref...Ctwgr%5Eauthor
Old 11-15-22, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,724 Likes on 1,880 Posts

Is Ticketmaster getting slammed by scalpers' bots?

Old 11-15-22, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
who knows? the "verified fan" process was supposed to prevent scalper bots. But the whole thing is pretty bizarre to me. Because they did the verified fan thing, almost like a presale to the presale, they should have had a fairly exact number of people that could be let into the presale, yet the whole thing still crashed.

I'm not someone who usually participates in this stuff, so no idea how it normally works or if this is common. It all seems pretty fucked up to me.
Old 11-15-22, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 702 Likes on 455 Posts

Not this time. This is genuine demand. And yes, Ticketmaster should have been better prepared for this. From what I can tell the queues are moving so slow because they have limited how many people can purchase at once. Trying to reduce bandwidth at seat selection but the bottleneck occurring with the queues is bringing the site down.
Old 11-15-22, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,178 Likes on 4,207 Posts

Here's my update :
​​​​​​ my daughter finally got through the queue around 2:00 Eastern. Then she finally tried to grab tickets for the Philly Mother's Day show with Phoebe Bridgers (her other favorite artist) . Every time she tried to grab three tickets she tells me they immediately disappeared from her cart. She was so frustrated that even when you get "in", you can't get tickets anywhere. Eventually she grabbed a set of "dynamically priced" tickets on the field. Not good field seats, just field seats. Cost like $800 each with service fees. Twice what I thought was the max price I could pay. But what can I do at that point? My daughter did ask me ahead of the purchase. Concert is two days before she graduates from college. Hope she enjoys her gift. But OUCH!
Old 11-15-22, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

ugh. I am hoping for the absolute cheapest tix, advertised as $49. That will suck if that happens, I can't afford hundreds.
Old 11-15-22, 03:00 PM

^^Not that it matters at this point, but you sure those weren’t VIP or Platinum tickets?

Not sure if she was using the map or the sidebar, but don’t ever try picking off the map for a high demand event. Set your filters and pick fast after the sidebar populates.

Also, with the stage layout there really aren’t any “bad” field seats.

Last edited by John Galt; 11-15-22 at 03:06 PM.
Old 11-15-22, 03:11 PM

I think Platinum is dynamic pricing, isn't it?

Here's my daughter's tweet about her experience

LurkerDan (11-15-22)
Old 11-15-22, 04:03 PM

It's intentionally confusing.

Dynamic is when they change the prices of regular tickets up or down (but always up) based on demand.

"Official Platinum Seats are premium tickets to concerts and other events made available by artists and event providers through Ticketmaster."

Either way, Ticketmaster is basically scalping their own tickets.
Old 11-15-22, 04:14 PM
Premium Member

Received 692 Likes on 463 Posts

$800 for 1 average ticket? Stadium and big arena shows are way out of control.
Old 11-15-22, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by John Galt
It's intentionally confusing.

Dynamic is when they change the prices of regular tickets up or down (but always up) based on demand.

"Official Platinum Seats are premium tickets to concerts and other events made available by artists and event providers through Ticketmaster."

Either way, Ticketmaster is basically scalping their own tickets.
Okay but by their own admission the pricing of Platinum Seats is dynamic, based on demand.
Are Official Platinum Seats resale tickets?
No. Official Platinum Seats were not purchased initially and then posted for resale; they are being sold for the first time through Ticketmaster. Ticketmaster's Official Platinum seat program enables market-based pricing (adjusting prices according to supply and demand) for live event tickets, similar to how airline tickets and hotel rooms are sold. The goal is to give fans fair and safe access to the best tickets, while enabling artists and other people involved in staging live events to price tickets closer to their true market value.
Old 11-15-22, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm in, but can't ever buy tickets. Absurd.
Old 11-15-22, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by The Cow
$800 for 1 average ticket? Stadium and big arena shows are way out of control.
Well, that's with this bullshit "Platinum Seats", And it's a distant floor seat. I don't know if that can be considered "average" in an NFL stadium.
I don't know what the face value for the seat is, but Taylor capped her tickets at $449. That extra almost-$400 is all Ticketmaster.
Old 11-15-22, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by LurkerDan
I'm in, but can't ever buy tickets. Absurd.
That's what my daughter was saying.
LurkerDan (11-15-22)
Old 11-15-22, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

And.... after clicking on like 500 hundred different attempts at tickets, I got kicked out, and had to rejoin the queue at the back. What a fucking waste of time.

One thing I was wondering, they added a second Denver date, but when I signed up the presale was only for the first date. Does that mean all the tix will be available for the second date at the normal "on sale" time?
Old 11-15-22, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by LurkerDan
And.... after clicking on like 500 hundred different attempts at tickets, I got kicked out, and had to rejoin the queue at the back. What a fucking waste of time.

One thing I was wondering, they added a second Denver date, but when I signed up the presale was only for the first date. Does that mean all the tix will be available for the second date at the normal "on sale" time?
When they added those additional added dates, it the email said that the Presale would be for any dates at that venue.

So sorry about your experience, Dan. That's why I told my daughter to go ahead and buy the super-priced tickets. Figured that's what might happen otherwise and it would push her over the edge.
Old 11-15-22, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

When they added those additional added dates, it the email said that the Presale would be for any dates at that venue.

So sorry about your experience, Dan. That's why I told my daughter to go ahead and buy the super-priced tickets. Figured that's what might happen otherwise and it would push her over the edge.
Thanks. I didn't see that info about the other dates, and the link they sent took me to just one of the dates. But now, after going through Taylor Swift's site, I have two windows open, one for each date. Doubt it will work.

I tried to get the $49 tix and even bumped up to the $89 tix, couldn't get a goddam thing. What a shitshow.
Old 11-15-22, 06:04 PM

Buy more expensive tickets if you can swing it, double the amount you need, sell the others on Stub Hub for double or triple face value price, see Tay-Tay for free!
Old 11-15-22, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well, I got back in, saw some shitty $49 seats this time (the way they are releasing seats is really weird), they're behind the stage and probably obstructed, but I didn't hesitate -- maybe I should have! -- and grabbed them. $132 for 2 tix is not bad, and my daughter will be thrilled.
Decker (11-15-22)
Old 11-15-22, 07:01 PM

Okay but by their own admission the pricing of Platinum Seats is dynamic, based on demand.
Yeah, same concept but different nomenclature.
Old 11-15-22, 08:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,724 Likes on 1,880 Posts

This shit makes me feel old.

When I was a teenager, concert tickets were under $25. They were general admission. The parking was free. And we'd cut school to go buy them in person if need be.

Paying $800 for a Taylor Swift ticket blows my mind. That would just be completely unimaginable in the late 80s and early 90s.

Makes me glad I'm into unpopular music. Though I do piss away a lot on over-priced vinyl.
Old 11-15-22, 08:50 PM

Paying $800 for a Taylor Swift ticket blows my mind. That would just be completely unimaginable in the late 80s and early 90s.
It was unimaginable to me this morning.
Josh-da-man (11-15-22)
Old 11-16-22, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by John Galt
^^Not that it matters at this point, but you sure those weren’t VIP or Platinum tickets?

Not sure if she was using the map or the sidebar, but don’t ever try picking off the map for a high demand event. Set your filters and pick fast after the sidebar populates.

Also, with the stage layout there really aren’t any “bad” field seats.
Turns out that you were right. They weren't dynamically priced tickets, they were actually "Karma Is My Boyfriend VIP Packages".
Still absurdly overpriced but at least we get some Taylor swag and VIP entrances and access to exclusive merch tents. Not nearly worth the extra cost, but better than the "nothing" which was what else I would get with "Platinum Seats".
And she said that she was grabbing seats from the side column as they were offered, not from the map.

I am supposed to get PSL-owner exclusive access to the Vegas show pre-sale today, but no email yet....

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.