Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Scott Weiland To Rejoin Velvet Revolver!!

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Old 05-18-12, 11:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

Great news:

Scott Weiland has confirmed that he will reunite with Velvet Revolver and that the band is going to hit the road next fall. In an interview with ABC News, Weiland revealed that he is already writing with his old bandmates and that they have moved past their petty differences.

"They gave me a couple of songs and myself and Dave (guitarist Dave Kushner) and Duff (bassist Duff McKagan) are gonna be getting together for a song writing session next week," he explained.

"We've all grown a lot. We're able to put egos and differences and old . . . conflicts aside and so that's really cool," he adds.

The tour will reportedly come after lead guitarist Slash finishes a solo tour behind his album Apocalyptic Love.

Copyright(c) 2012 RTTNews.com. All Rights Reserved
Old 05-18-12, 11:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts
Re: Scott Weiland To Rejoin Velvet Revolver!!

http://www.nme.com/news/velvet-revolver/63802

Slash has denied claims by former Velvet Revolver frontman Scott Weiland that he is set to re-join the band.

Appearing on Minneapolis radio station 93x this morning, the former Guns N' Roses guitarist hit back at Weiland's comments this weekend that the original band were getting back together.

"He's out of his mind," Slash said of Weiland's claims. "There's been a common rumour going around, I know that he's been positive on that subject. Maybe they know something I don't know." He added: "I have absolutely no intention of going back to that…We have no intention of going backwards."

The band, which includes former Guns N' Roses members Slash, Matt Sorum, and Duff McKagan, has been on the search for a new frontman since Weiland was kicked out of the band in 2008.

In an interview with ABC News Radio yesterday, Weiland claimed that he had reunited with the band: "We’ve all grown a lot," he said, "We're able to put egos and differences and old…conflicts aside and so that's really cool."

He added that the band had already begun writing their third studio album as a follow up to 2007's 'Libertad' and that they could tour in the autumn, a claim that Slash has also denied.

In January, the band reunited in Los Angeles for a one-off set at a tribute gig for the late composer and music supervisor John O'Brien. Among the four-song performance, was a cover of Pink Floyd's 'Wish You Were Here'.
Old 05-19-12, 12:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 592 Likes on 485 Posts

Too bad it's probably not true. They were actually pretty decent as a band and I kind of doubt they'll find a replacement seeing as they haven't after all this time.
Old 05-19-12, 02:47 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really wish they would have gone through with Izzy's initial proposal when the band was forming to just have he and Duff handle vocals. Weiland is okay, but Izzy was my favorite Gunner. Slash wanted a regular frontman vocalist. You'd think he's know better.
Old 05-19-12, 07:30 AM
DVD Talk Hero

You know, after four years of looking for a singer, you have to wonder if Scott really was the problem.
Old 05-19-12, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 592 Likes on 485 Posts

I kind of wonder that about Slash and company as well. After all this isn't the only time he's had issues with a bandmate. Granted his reasoning for Scott being the problem seems a bit more understandable but it does make you wonder a bit if Slash is a problem himself.
Old 05-22-12, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Scorpio View Post
I really wish they would have gone through with Izzy's initial proposal when the band was forming to just have he and Duff handle vocals. Weiland is okay, but Izzy was my favorite Gunner. Slash wanted a regular frontman vocalist. You'd think he's know better.
+1 on this. I love his solo stuff.

Hearing some of duff's work with Loaded, i would be curious to see what could happen if he and Izzy did the alternating vocals thing.

Ultimately though Velvet Revolver doesn't feel like it has anything to contribute musically that isn't already kinda going on.

and i hate matt sorum so much you would think that my name was steven adler, so yay to that wanker being unemployed and hopefully back to living in his parent's basement.
Old 05-22-12, 08:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 107 Likes on 75 Posts

Err, did STP break up again?
Old 05-23-12, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Todd B. View Post
Err, did STP break up again?
They tour/write so infrequently, he'd probably do both.
Old 05-23-12, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DVD Josh View Post
They tour/write so infrequently, he'd probably do both.
I could see this happening. The STP guys (minus Weiland) did the Army of Anyone project a few years back with the singer from Filter, which was a great album. As long as those guys can keep playing together occassionally, I'm cool with that.
Old 05-26-12, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 80 Likes on 67 Posts

I wasn't impressed with Libertad, so I'm not sure I would look forward to another album with Weiland. Unfortunately, it's not looking like they're ever going to get another lead singer, so something with Weiland will probably be better than the nothing we're going to be getting.
Old 05-26-12, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 158 Likes on 120 Posts

leave it alone, I like Slash's work with Myles Kennedy better .
Old 05-27-12, 07:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I didn't know that Izzy was involved with VR at one point in time - it would be awesome if he really joins VR as I think he's a damn good songwriter.
Old 05-27-12, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They should get the Buckcherry singer. Dude was in the running and lost it to Weiland.