Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

What concert did you recently attend?

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

What concert did you recently attend?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-15, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts
Re: What concert did you recently attend?

Originally Posted by Matty-O
AC/DC at Gillette Stadium. Way up in the nosebleeds, but had a great time!!
Did anyone open and how long did they play? Got amazing seats at Dodger Stadium.
Old 08-27-15, 02:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jacob_b
Did anyone open and how long did they play? Got amazing seats at Dodger Stadium.
Opening act was a band I had never heard of called Vintage Trouble, who played for about forty-five minutes. They were ok but I honestly wasn't really paying attention.

AC/DC played close to two hours. They still put on a great show...Angus never stopped running around the stage once!
Old 08-27-15, 10:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Opening act was a band I had never heard of called Vintage Trouble, who played for about forty-five minutes. They were ok but I honestly wasn't really paying attention.

AC/DC played close to two hours. They still put on a great show...Angus never stopped running around the stage once!
Great to hear about AC/DC. But really, an opening band? Ugh. Not looking forward to that =/
Old 08-27-15, 11:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

Vintage Trouble are actually a fantastic band. I first saw them when they opened for The Who at the Boston Garden a couple years ago, and I was impressed. I've since seen them in a small club, where they were amazing! (They're playing at Brighton Music Hall on October 24th if you want to really check them out.)

Having said all that, they are NOT a stadium band. Nor do they really fit with the AC-DC crowd. Unfortunate pairing for all involved, I don't understand it.

Here's a clip of them on Letterman:

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Fam8cJw-IVg?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 08-28-15, 09:02 AM

Foo Fighters in July. So good!
Old 08-29-15, 11:29 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Saw Between the Buried and Me for the second time three weeks ago. Mind blowing.
Old 08-30-15, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 220 Likes on 176 Posts

Riot Fest Denver

Bands I saw, in order of awesomeness:

Cypress Hill
Iggy Pop
De La Soul
Testament
Chef's Special
Ice Cube (only saw about 5 minutes)

Motorhead canceled, unsurprisingly. They've canceled just about every show in Denver over the last 15 years. I was hoping this would be my chance, and it's the sole reason I went to Riot Fest. Irritated me enough that I didn't bother sticking around for System of a Down.
Old 08-30-15, 12:50 PM

Foo Fighters @ Wrigleyfield last night with Cheap Trick, Naked Raygun and Urge Overkill. The foos play for three hours. Dave was still using his "throne"
Old 08-30-15, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Motley Crue & Alice Cooper. My pics from the show:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/223254...57655648351064

https://www.flickr.com/photos/223254...57657902838782
Old 08-31-15, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts

Originally Posted by europefan01
Foo Fighters @ Wrigleyfield last night with Cheap Trick, Naked Raygun and Urge Overkill. The foos play for three hours. Dave was still using his "throne"
Man, I'm so jealous. I had always intended to see the Foos there... with UO would have been awesome.
Old 09-04-15, 12:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

Epic Rap Battles of History just a few hours ago here in Tulsa. You can check out my Twitter feed for pics with Nice Peter and Epic LLoyd. Also, my 12 year old daughter got on stage with her friend and performed a song. I'm proud!
Old 09-05-15, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

ZZ Top and Blackberry Smoke last night

Was not familiar at all with Blackberry Smoke, they put on a good show. Good singer and some good music.

ZZ played great, though a bit short. There were some technical issues, one of the video boards went in and out and Gibbons mic had an occasional problem.

Fun show overall though
Old 09-06-15, 07:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Saw the Damned at the Fonda Theatre last night. CJ Ramone opened. I admit I'm not super familiar with the Ramones catalog, but he did play about 3 or 4 of their songs during his set. All very well received by the audience. I got the to the venue just in time to hear the Damned finishing their soundcheck and got a quick photo and autograph from Captain Sensible. Total goofball and good-natured guy all around. I haven't seen them play since 1989. The band was incredible. Whatever Dave Vanian has been doing to preserve his voice, he needs to share his secret. Great setlist which included "Disco Man", "Video Nasty", "History of the World" along with all the other material that you would expect to hear. So glad they didn't disappoint.
Old 09-10-15, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Finally got to see Van Halen with Diamond Dave last night. My pics from the show = https://www.flickr.com/photos/223254...57658366566036
Old 09-12-15, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The Who postponed their concert on Wednesday because Roger is ill

At least I just scored an overpriced ticket to Hollywood Vampires on Thursday.
Old 09-13-15, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Went to see Van Halen one more time in Charlotte on 9/11. My pics from the show = https://www.flickr.com/photos/223254...57656243581194
Old 09-13-15, 02:11 PM
Premium Member

Received 694 Likes on 464 Posts

Originally Posted by Dubya
Went to see Van Halen one more time in Charlotte on 9/11. My pics from the show = https://www.flickr.com/photos/223254...57656243581194
Some really nice pics in there.

What kind of camera rig you shooting with?
Old 09-13-15, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by The Cow
Some really nice pics in there.

What kind of camera rig you shooting with?
Thanks! I use a Sony RX100 M2, point and shoot camera.
Old 09-13-15, 10:37 PM
Political Exile

Received 481 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by Dubya
Thanks! I use a Sony RX100 M2, point and shoot camera.
Any particular settings? In auto mode, it still struggles focusing in the low light. I only recently got the same camera from Costco. I think I need to learn to use one of the priority settings.
Old 09-14-15, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by PerryD
Any particular settings? In auto mode, it still struggles focusing in the low light. I only recently got the same camera from Costco. I think I need to learn to use one of the priority settings.
Yes, definitely change it from auto and use the manual settings. I set it to S mode, and adjust the shutter speed manually. I leave the ISO on auto. It is also important to tweak the exposure value (usually to -2) because otherwise the faces/skin color tends to get ghostly whited out. There are Sony RX100 forums where they discuss settings so you may want to check that out and also if you click on the individual pics on my Flickr page it will show the settings on the lower right side of the page underneath each picture.
Old 09-15-15, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

More of my 80's favorites.

The English Beat, at Newburyport Riverfest. Nice outdoor show with a couple thousand people. Dave Wakeling (only original member) still sounds great. The first English Beat album was indeed great, but man, he's been milking that one for about 35 years.

And Mike Peters of The Alarm, in Londonderry, NH. He's one of those artists who always came across better live than on record, IMO. Great storyteller as well. One of the true good guys of rock.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/8A70owCHllI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 09-16-15, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Ky-Fi
More of my 80's favorites.

The English Beat, at Newburyport Riverfest. Nice outdoor show with a couple thousand people. Dave Wakeling (only original member) still sounds great. The first English Beat album was indeed great, but man, he's been milking that one for about 35 years.
I was at that show as well. I'm not a big fan of the English Beat, but they did sound quite good. I went to hear Houndmouth, who I enjoyed. But my favorite act of the day was Saint Motel, whom I had never heard of beforehand. I thought they were great.

And what an absolutely perfect weather day, right on the waterfront!
Old 09-16-15, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by [email protected]
I was at that show as well. I'm not a big fan of the English Beat, but they did sound quite good. I went to hear Houndmouth, who I enjoyed. But my favorite act of the day was Saint Motel, whom I had never heard of beforehand. I thought they were great.

And what an absolutely perfect weather day, right on the waterfront!
Yes, St. Motel caught my ear, as well. I didn't see any other acts, though---I met a buddy who came up from Somerville, and we both GREATLY underestimated the size of the crowd---it took both of us quite a while to find parking, and I still ended up about a half mile away.

But yes, perfect day and awesome setting!
Old 09-16-15, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 182 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by Ky-Fi
Come on, no Ranking Roger???
Old 09-16-15, 12:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saw the Australian Pink Floyd recently, not big into cover/tribute bands but the tickets were free and the band put on a great show. I'm looking forward to King Diamond in December, they'll be playing the Abigail album in its entirety, missed the original tour in 87 and still kick myself for it to this day.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.