Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

What concert did you recently attend?

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

What concert did you recently attend?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-17, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 547 Likes on 340 Posts
Re: What concert did you recently attend?

Gers gets a pass from me for writing The Legacy and Book Of Souls with Harris.
Old 06-25-17, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Caught the Lindsey Buckingham & Christine McVie show last night. They played eight of the songs off the new album of theirs but they went over really well. Of course they mixed in Fleetwood Mac tracks along with some of Lindsey's solo work (opened with "Trouble"). My pics from the show = https://www.flickr.com/photos/223254...57683427407880
Old 06-27-17, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Dubya
Caught the Lindsey Buckingham & Christine McVie show last night. They played eight of the songs off the new album of theirs but they went over really well. Of course they mixed in Fleetwood Mac tracks along with some of Lindsey's solo work (opened with "Trouble"). My pics from the show = https://www.flickr.com/photos/223254...57683427407880
great pics, looked like a fantastic show
Old 06-27-17, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by mphtrilogy
great pics, looked like a fantastic show
Thank you. It was!
Old 06-27-17, 05:17 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Saw Tool, Primus, Clutch. Fantomas and The Melvins on Saturday in Devore. Melvins and Fantomas was okay. Clutch was good. Tool and Primus were excellent. My only complaint for Tool's set was that they didn't play "Sober" or anything off Undertow. For my first time seeing them, I would've loved it if they play that song. That's a song that should be played at every show.
Old 06-27-17, 05:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 547 Likes on 340 Posts

You should have held up a sign that read "Tool, Put Out A Fucking Album" and blocked the people three rows back from you.
Old 06-27-17, 11:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Last night, I went to go see Tears for Fears and Hall & Oates in D.C. at the Verizon Center. Which I thought was the oddest double bill. Only went because of Tears for Fears, who were great. Hall & Oates? Quite possibly the worst concert I've ever seen. And I've seen I don't know how many. They were just all kinds of terrible.
Old 06-28-17, 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by stvn1974
You should have held up a sign that read "Tool, Put Out A Fucking Album" and blocked the people three rows back from you.
I had grass seats, so that wouldn't of worked.
Old 06-28-17, 08:03 PM

Last Wednesday I saw BJ Barham. Last Friday I saw Parker Millsap. Last Saturday I saw Sarah Shook and the Disarmers.

This Friday I am seeing the Church. Also this Saturday and Sunday I will be seeing Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit. Good times.
Old 06-29-17, 07:53 AM

Received 4,558 Likes on 3,093 Posts

Originally Posted by Daytripper
Last night, I went to go see Tears for Fears and Hall & Oates in D.C. at the Verizon Center. Which I thought was the oddest double bill. Only went because of Tears for Fears, who were great. Hall & Oates? Quite possibly the worst concert I've ever seen. And I've seen I don't know how many. They were just all kinds of terrible.
I like Hall and Oates songs... just the hits I guess. But I left after Maneater, which was like the second song. I had no desire to sit through that.

Tears for Fears were great though.
Old 06-29-17, 09:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

A few weeks ago, I saw Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers with Joe Walsh in Des Moines. Loved every second of it.
Old 06-29-17, 06:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, I saw a Facebook ad or something that said 'Tears for Fears Live Dates" a while back, and I thought "cool, I liked them and have never seen them."

Then I saw they were opening for Hall and Oates, and that was a deal breaker for me, and also for a friend (who came to the same conclusion independently.)

Odd double-bill indeed.
Old 07-03-17, 10:15 AM
Political Exile

Received 481 Likes on 317 Posts

Took my daughter to Ribfest last night, a decent triple bill with Lacey Sturm, Collective Soul and Shinedown. I gave up my close spot to get some ribs after Collective Soul though.

Old 07-03-17, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Did three shows last week. Started off last Sunday seeing Air, the French electronic duo @ the Greek Theatre. Great show, ultra chill. Then on Thursday was Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, also at the Greek. I think I've seen him eight or nine times now and somehow his live shows get more intense. Next time he tours, I'm going for broke and will try to catch at least two to three of the West Coast dates. Finally ended my streak on Saturday with Iron Maiden at Glen Helen Pavilion. I decided to just do lawn seats and save some cash. Despite having to watch the show from the screens, it was still great and the band was in fine form.
Old 07-04-17, 06:37 AM

I went to see The Kooks on their European tour. It was cool. Though they were playing mostly old hits. But that was actually cool, I felt like in my teenage years again
Old 07-11-17, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 41 Likes on 29 Posts

I saw Washed Out at The Underground here in Charlotte last night... and it was fan-fucking-tastic! He sounds really good live - tight! - and I like that he mildly changes his songs. I don't like artists whose live versions sound exactly like the studio versions; on the other hand, I can't stand it when some artists take a song you love and turn it into some barely-recognizable 14-minute jam. I think Greene has a very nice balance between the two. My only real complaint is that he didn't play a couple songs I really wanted to hear live, like "All Over Now" and "Amor Fati". But it was fun hearing "New Theory" live, especially the "slightly beefier" live version (the studio version is great, but as he's matured musically, it sounds kinda thin today).

Funny: Like every other indoor venue in North Carolina, The Underground is non-smoking and non-vaping. There are signs everywhere informing you of this. About 5 minutes before Washed Out went on, I got a strong whiff of weed. I turned around and saw a HUGE cloud of smoke 2-3 rows behind me. THE HOUSE LIGHTS WERE STILL ON! About 8 seconds later a full battalion of security staff carried the dude away. Dumbass millennials can't even smoke weed correctly!

Last night, I went to go see Tears for Fears and Hall & Oates in D.C. at the Verizon Center. Which I thought was the oddest double bill.
Is it stranger than OMD opening for Barenaked Ladies? 'Cos that happened here a couple summers ago. I saw Hall and Oates last summer - my GF's idea, and she paid for the $15 Groupon tickets. I thought they sounded pretty good, especially when you consider that Daryl Hall is *70*. Sharon Jones opened, only a few months before she died. So there's that. But that whole style of music isn't really my cup of tea.

Mildly Amusing: anyone remember the TruTV show Haunting Evidence? Here's the poster, if you need a refresher. Anyway, I used to do desktop support with Patrick Burns, the guy in the middle. We were talking about music at the office one day, and he said that he was excited to get home because "the tape of Hall and Oates demos the guy from the last HaOaCon promised him" was due to arrive. I was stunned, stunned that this guy was such a big Hall and Oates fan... that people traded bootleg Hall and Oates demo tapes... and that Hall and Oates conventions even existed. I don't wish ill on Hall and Oates or their fans... I was just surprised that they had such hardcore fans. To me, Hall and Oates were always the band that neither my mom nor I really "liked", but could at least meet halfway on while driving somewhere. I didn't wanna hear The Supremes, she didn't wanna hear Joy Division. Hall and Oates were a compromise.
Old 07-11-17, 07:01 PM

Saw Dragonforce and Once Human at The Roxy. Good show. Dragonforce brought it, as usual. I wished that Once Human would of played their best song "You C*nt" The audience was chanting for it and the singer even talked about it, so it was odd that they didn't play it.
Old 07-15-17, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 265 Likes on 168 Posts

Yesterday, I saw ANTHRAX, MEGADETH, ROB ZOMBIE and KISS.
Old 07-16-17, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 39 Likes on 23 Posts

Went and saw Last in Line, again, last night.
It's so awesome seeing Vivian and Vinny playing together again after the split, decades ago. You can see Vivian is having a blast playing the old tunes. Always smiling. Still tearing it up on guitar.
Old 07-16-17, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,191 Likes on 917 Posts

Saw PIG, Julien-K, and Ghostfeeder at the Union in L.A. a couple of nights ago. It was phenomenal. I did not realize that PIG has 3 out of 4 former members of KMFDM. I also saw Skold walking around in the venue. Good times.
Old 07-17-17, 08:31 AM
Political Exile

Received 481 Likes on 317 Posts

Chicago Open Air last night. Amon Amarth was my favorite of the night, but Ozzy sounded excellent along with Zakk Wylde who really tore things up with his solos on each song, even playing behind his back and what looked like playing with his teeth.

Lamb of God got the crowd moving, Stone Sour quieted them right back down though. Slayer was relegated to the second stage, but from what I could tell from checking out some of their set, they pulled a bigger crowd than Stone Sour.

Old 07-17-17, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Brit Floyd last Thursday. Sure, they're a tribute band, but holy shit they were awesome.
Old 07-18-17, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 220 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by PerryD
Chicago Open Air last night. Amon Amarth was my favorite of the night, but Ozzy sounded excellent along with Zakk Wylde who really tore things up with his solos on each song, even playing behind his back and what looked like playing with his teeth.
Amon Amarth is one of my favorites to see live.
Old 07-19-17, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Roger Waters last night. It was an amazing spectacle and it was a thrill to receive a fist bump from Roger when he came out to greet the crowd during "Comfortably Numb." My pictures from the show = https://www.flickr.com/photos/223254...57683991342451
Old 07-20-17, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,191 Likes on 917 Posts

Originally Posted by Dubya
Roger Waters last night. It was an amazing spectacle and it was a thrill to receive a fist bump from Roger when he came out to greet the crowd during "Comfortably Numb." My pictures from the show = https://www.flickr.com/photos/223254...57683991342451

Wow, fantastic pictures!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.