Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

What concert did you recently attend?

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

What concert did you recently attend?

Old 11-22-22, 03:34 PM
Cool New Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: What concert did you recently attend?

Originally Posted by dex14 View Post
10/23 - The Cure - Vienna, AT
Originally Posted by Decker View Post
Nice! I've never seen them live. Do they still sound good?
Originally Posted by dex14 View Post
Absolutely. This is the third time Iíve seen them in the last 10 years and it amazes me how good Smithís voice still sounds.
That's awesome, Dex ...

I've never seen The Cure perform live but I have their 2002 Berlin Trilogy concert blu-ray on constant rotation in my home theatre room - absolutely amazing!!!
Old 11-26-22, 02:29 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 3,786 Likes on 2,550 Posts

The 1975 @ The Theater at Virgin Hotels Las Vegas

I've only recently gotten into them, thanks almost entirely to their new Jack Antinoff produced album which is absolutely fabulous.
They had this really cool Broadway like set they performed on. Did two acts, the first was almost entirely the new album, the second after a costume change (seen below) was their Greatest Hits stuff. Terrific show. Matty Healy clearly has issues. He drank from a flask literally non-stop all night. Kind of amazing he could still perform.

The following users liked this post:
[email protected] (11-26-22)
Old 11-27-22, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 326 Likes on 213 Posts

Machine Head in Joliet on Black Friday. No openers, just 2+ hours of Machine Head. They performed some fun covers including great versions of Creeping Death and Raining Blood.

Old 11-29-22, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Amon Amarth at the Aragon Ballroom in Chicago.

[email protected] (11-30-22)
Old 11-29-22, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 260 Likes on 187 Posts

I saw Chris Isaak last weekend and he gave a phenomenal show. It was a Christmas show so he played a half dozen or so Christmas tunes and a whole lot of his back catalog. His voice is still phenomenal and he can hit and hold high notes for an impressive amount of time. He has a great self-deprecating sense of humor, he had on a somewhat signature suit at the start of the show (think mariachi) and quipped that he was so thankful for people coming out to support live music and how otherwise someone would mistake him for a figure skater. He also joked about being a 'semi-professional musician" I consider myself slightly above a casual fan of his and don't listen to him too much but I came away very impressed and wish I has seen him sooner.
BDB (11-29-22)
Old 11-29-22, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Direct opener for Amon Amarth was Carcass, really old school death metal from the late 80s into early 90s.

Old 11-29-22, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by PerryD View Post
Machine Head in Joliet on Black Friday. No openers, just 2+ hours of Machine Head. They performed some fun covers including great versions of Creeping Death and Raining Blood.

I have been considering seeing them when they hit Charlotte next month as I haven't been to one of their shows since 1999/2000(The Burning Red tour). But that would be a 4 hour round trip(plus the show itself) on a Thursday.
Old 11-29-22, 06:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by darkdaze73 View Post
I have been considering seeing them when they hit Charlotte next month as I haven't been to one of their shows since 1999/2000(The Burning Red tour). But that would be a 4 hour round trip(plus the show itself) on a Thursday.
Take the day off, and get the soundcheck VIP and make a full day of it, you'll get a lot of free swag and get to hang with the band.
Old 11-29-22, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 79 Likes on 47 Posts

Saw Black Anvil/Immolation/Dark Funeral/Cannibal Corpse two weeks ago at Showbox in Seattle. Black Anvil was ok, wasn't too big of fan and didn't leave becoming a bigger one. This was the third time seeing Immolation this year and they are just as fantastic as always. Really are one of the most underrated OSDM bands. Hadn't really listened to Dark Funeral much but left a fan, will pick up some of their stuff. I actually just started listening to Cannibal Corpse more over the last year. I had a good deal of their discography but just never really gave it a proper listen. I know alot of people consider their early albums the classic CC but I actually prefer the George Fischer stuff. Great live band.

This was my first concert after moving back to Seattle 11 years after I left. I didn't realize the parking garages closed at midnight, so I unfortunately I had to miss about half of CC set to get my car out and head home. Lesson learned, need to figure out street parking downtown. Why a parking garage closes so early on a weekend is beyond me.