Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

What concert did you recently attend?

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

What concert did you recently attend?

Old 08-17-21, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 106 Likes on 65 Posts
Re: What concert did you recently attend?

Originally Posted by asianxcore
8/16/21: Deicide/Kataklysm/Internal Bleeding/Begat the Nephilim
How was that? I didn't know they were playing in Atlanta the weekend I was there and had bought Braves tickets. I've seen Deicide before but really wanted to see Internal Bleeding.
Old 08-17-21, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 359 Likes on 302 Posts

Originally Posted by beavis69
How was that? I didn't know they were playing in Atlanta the weekend I was there and had bought Braves tickets. I've seen Deicide before but really wanted to see Internal Bleeding.
Other than the venue being a billion degrees inside, it was great!

I hadn't seen Deicide since 2012 but they sounded absolutely monsterous last night.

Internal Bleeding was great as well, the crowd went nuts for them. I'd been wanting to see them for years and they were the initial reason I bought a ticket.

I've never been a fan of Katakylsm, even though I've seen them live a few times, so I sat outside during their set.

Begat The Nephilim put on a good set, even though I wasn't a fan of their sound.
Old 08-21-21, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 919 Likes on 701 Posts

Saw the Descendents last night. Probably caught Covid, but if I did, it was worth it.
Old 08-22-21, 02:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

8/21/21: Mindforce/No Right/Scowl

First show this year where Proof of Vaccination was required at the door.

The staff were great and there didn't seem to be any issues.
Old 08-22-21, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 247 Likes on 178 Posts

Daughtry last night. He fricken rocked the place. Love his new song Heavy is the Crown.

Old 08-22-21, 05:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

First show this year where Proof of Vaccination was required at the door.

The staff were great and there didn't seem to be any issues.
That was allegedly the policy at the Descendents show, but they weren't too strict. I pulled up the app on my phone, and they waved me in before I even entered the passcode. So it looks like it was all on the honor system. Also, everyone was supposed to be masked at all times, and I'd say it was about 10% masked patrons. So, Covid, here I come.
Old 08-22-21, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Paff
That was allegedly the policy at the Descendents show, but they weren't too strict. I pulled up the app on my phone, and they waved me in before I even entered the passcode. So it looks like it was all on the honor system. Also, everyone was supposed to be masked at all times, and I'd say it was about 10% masked patrons. So, Covid, here I come.
That's interesting. Was the show in San Diego?

The show I went to last night was in San Francisco, who has required this recently for any businesses that serve food or drink (most if not all music venues).

One staff member was at the door (before you could get your ticket) was checking either cards, photos of cards or screenshots of the QR Code w/ Dosage Information. He checked whether or not I had both doses, as well as when. One person in front of me initially had issues getting in because whatever he showed the staff member only had him at one dose, so people in line were helping him pull up his information.

I would say maybe 10% of the (sold out) crowd had masks on. As I mentioned in another thread, being a teacher, a decent amount of the age range I teach currently cannot get the vaccine. So even though I have been fully vaccinated since February of 2021, I've been wearing my mask like it's February 2020.
Old 08-23-21, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

That's interesting. Was the show in San Diego?
Yeah, SOMA. They sell beer now, and the security is pretty lax there as well. People were walking around with drinks and could easily hand them to someone under age. Of course, who's gonna be underage at a Descendents' show? Last time I saw them was THIRTY SIX years ago and they weren't exactly a new band then, either.
Old 08-23-21, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 212 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by cdollaz
King Crimson a few nights ago.
Jealous. They're not coming here, and any show in a reasonable distance is at a bad time. I'd say hopefully next time but given Fripp's age, who knows?
Old 08-23-21, 10:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Jason
Jealous. They're not coming here, and any show in a reasonable distance is at a bad time. I'd say hopefully next time but given Fripp's age, who knows?
If what was stated in this article I read a few weeks ago, King Crimson (probably) won't be touring the States after this specific run.

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/king...american-tour/

Originally Posted by Paff
Yeah, SOMA. They sell beer now, and the security is pretty lax there as well. People were walking around with drinks and could easily hand them to someone under age. Of course, who's gonna be underage at a Descendents' show? Last time I saw them was THIRTY SIX years ago and they weren't exactly a new band then, either.
That definitely sounds pretty lax. Not surprised they didn't really look at your Vaccination Record/Proof.

Last time I saw Descendents was back in 2013 with Pennywise. Definitely weren't a new band then either and the crowd was probably similar to the show you went to

I wanted to see them on this tour because it also had The Menzingers opening as well.
Old 08-28-21, 03:36 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 5,920 Likes on 4,039 Posts

Guns 'N Roses. First rock concert held at Allegiant Stadium. Acoustics aren't nearly as good as T-Mobile Arena, but still a pretty cool show and over three hours long. I really enjoyed it. Slash is such an amazing guitarist.

I am always a sucker for Vegas-themed concert shirts and though it was ridiculously expensive, I found this one to be exceptionally badass :
Spoiler:

The following users liked this post:
Dvdlovr24 (08-30-21)
Old 08-28-21, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

8/27/21: Neko Case/AC Newman
Old 08-28-21, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 202 Likes on 117 Posts

Foo Fighters at The Forum.

Dave Grohl's archrival came out and covered drums on Everlong...show was 2hours and 27mins, no encore.

Dee Gees
The following 3 users liked this post by Chrisedge:
[email protected] (08-28-21), Decker (08-28-21), tommyp007 (08-29-21)
Old 08-28-21, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Punk Rock Karaoke last night.

When my name was called, I leapt onto the stage, and promptly caught the edge of the stage with my toe and face-planted. Made up for it with a rendition of the Buzzcocks' "What Do I Get" that got a lot of people coming up to me afterwards telling me how good it was. Which was good to know since I couldn't hear a thing on stage and I hoped to hell I was on-key.
Old 08-28-21, 11:10 PM

Chris, that was absolutely wonderful! Thanks for that.
Old 08-28-21, 11:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 215 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by d2cheer
Daughtry last night. He fricken rocked the place. Love his new song Heavy is the Crown.
He's been off my radar for a long time, I'll have to check out his new stuff!

Counting Crows tomorrow (outdoor concert) - I'm assuming a picture of your CDC card is valid? I'll probably just bring it in case. Got some tickets recently - Band of Horses in Nov, Washed Out in Jan, and Killers next summer!
Old 08-29-21, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 202 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker
Chris, that was absolutely wonderful! Thanks for that.
I gotta say, I loved it. There are some, that don't think it was that big of deal or a great guest, and I think they are nutty. She was fantastic. The part towards the end where she is really killing it, is one of my favorite things I've recorded.

Old 08-29-21, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, thanks for posting that, there's obviously tons of videos of it, but that was the first one where I could clearly hear all of Dave's intro.

As for Nandi, I've watched a bunch of her videos. She's not that good of a singer, which I felt slightly relieved to hear, because it's the ONLY thing musical she doesn't excel at! Seriously. It's not just the drums, she's also damn good on guitar and bass too. Someone bought her a saxamaphone, and two weeks later she's already doing videos of her playing the damn thing.
Old 08-30-21, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Green Day, with Fall Out Boy and Weezer

Believe it or not, I'd never seen Green Day before. Had a chance when they were playing smaller venues (had I not been sacked from my band, 4 months later I'd have shared a bill with them) but didn't get around to it and of course they blew up and it's been arenas and stadiums ever since. I decided to bite the bullet though, and go to Petco Park (where MLB's Padres play) and scratch another band off my bucket list.

Would have been primo seats if it was a baseball game; right by first base. But with the band playing in deep center, I was mostly relegated to watching the video screens. Also, they don't remove the infield netting, so it was kinda like watching The Blues Brothers with that screen in front of them.

That said, they do put on a hell of a show and BJ Armstrong is quite the showman. I did really like his opening remark "Everybody put down your fucking phones, we've been staring at them for a year and a half!". I'd still love to catch them at one of their surprise club appearances though.
Old 08-30-21, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 183 Likes on 125 Posts

Brad Paisley in Houston. You could definitely tell that Covid is still affecting big gatherings. We've seen him multiple times, and always sold out this venue. There was no lawn seating and lots of empty seats. Good show though, had a nice tribute to Eddie Van Halen (played Hot For Teacher).

Dvdlovr24 (08-30-21)
Old 09-03-21, 01:55 AM

Celebrated my birthday by seeing Morrissey at Caesars Colosseum. He's doing a five night Vegas residency called Viva Moz Vegas. The rare show where I know less than half the songs played, but I didn't mind. His voice is still so strong and though there weren't a ton of Smiths songs, it was still a great show.
Old 09-03-21, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 238 Likes on 174 Posts

Had tickets for the Green Day/Fallout Boy/Weezer show Monday night in Seattle but decided to sell. Basically made the price I paid originally back but with things on the rise COVID wise, thought I would hit them next time. Ironically I think this is the last large event in Seattle before proof of vaccine requirement is needed to enter.
Old 09-04-21, 03:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

9/3/21: Silent Planet/Dying Wish/Petroglyph/The Measure
Old 09-04-21, 06:45 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

9/1/21: Megadeth/Lamb Of God/Trivium/Hatebreed: Friend had a spare ticket and it was well worth it. All bands kicked ass!
Old 09-05-21, 03:26 AM

Well there was a LOT of work and anxiety involved (read the What the Hell Happened to Stub Hub thread if you want to know more), but literally at the last minute I got seats so I could take my wife to see Harry Styles in his first show of his World Tour. The seats I ended up were MUCH better than the ones I had paid for.
I'm no chrisedge but here's a video I shot

And the requisite concert picture
Spoiler:

[email protected] (09-05-21)

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.