Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

What concert did you recently attend?

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

What concert did you recently attend?

Old 03-17-20, 04:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Re: What concert did you recently attend?

Tickets for a Lady Gaga show went on sale for a August stadium show in NJ. Why? The odds of the 40-50,000 seat show going on is very low. Seems like a money grab. They could have delayed sales to a month or so before to see the situation and still sell just as many tickets.
Old 03-17-20, 07:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 875 Likes on 394 Posts

Dropkick Murphys are streaming live since their concerts got canceled. Just heard about it, been on for over an hour already.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/live/...atch_permalink

Youtube:
Old 03-17-20, 07:48 PM

Received 4,693 Likes on 3,179 Posts

Many musicians are doing live stream concerts from their homes.
Old 03-17-20, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 583 Likes on 361 Posts

Tool still haven't canceled their shows. I wish they would hurry up and cancel so I can get that $200 back to order toilet paper off of ebay.
Old 03-18-20, 01:50 PM

Received 4,693 Likes on 3,179 Posts

Originally Posted by stvn1974
Tool still haven't canceled their shows. I wish they would hurry up and cancel so I can get that $200 back to order toilet paper off of ebay.
They postponed the tour.
Old 03-18-20, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2,358 Likes on 1,590 Posts

Kind of connected? This Friday, Bandcamp will be waiving their revenue share (I have no idea what percent that normally is) on all sales made on their site. Just in case you want to throw your favorite artists a bit extra money during this time of cancelled tours, etc. and buy some of their stuff.

Old 03-19-20, 07:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 123 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by tommyp007
I've been checking Ticketmaster, and the official Twitter accounts of Billy Joel and Bank of America Stadium about the status of his show next month in Charlotte. It's a dream show for my daughter, and she's so excited for it. We've got good seats, a hotel room, the whole works. So far, no announcement, but I know it's coming.
While still no announcement from TM or the Stadium, Billy Joel's website now shows it for April 2021. So postponed for a year.
Old 03-19-20, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 259 Likes on 152 Posts

I got a refund for one show today and an announcement that another that would have been tomorrow will now happen in July.
Old 03-30-20, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 210 Likes on 121 Posts

Hey, most of you know I am a "taper" and have been recording concerts for years. I am doing a daily "Quarantined Concert" on my YouTube channel. While every show isn't complete, I am releasing new shows daily at 4PM Pacific Time. They are all premieres and you can chat live as they debut!

The first three are already up:
#1 Depeche Mode at the Honda Center, 2009-08-19 8 Songs sync to soundboard audio
#2 No Doubt "The Return of No Doubt" 2012-11-24 Complete Gibson Show
#3 Van Halen "Friends & Family Show" 2012-02-08 Complete Forum Show

And tonights show is "The Killers "12 Songs Complete" 2009-09-15 Irvine, CA " I have shows scheduled every day for the next week or two!

My channel is here: http://www.youtube.com/user/Chrisedge

Peace!
The following 2 users liked this post by Chrisedge:
Decker (03-30-20), Jack's Smirking (03-30-20)
Old 03-30-20, 11:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 372 Likes on 309 Posts

Of the 9 concerts/festivals that I've bought tickets to (so far this year), 3 have been refunded.

The rest are being postponed, overwhelmed with refund requests or incredibly optimistic about the future.
Old 03-31-20, 12:46 AM

Received 2,003 Likes on 1,179 Posts

So you try and you try to catch tickets to the guy, Roger Waters
Missed his last tour so your friend tries for tickets again.
You both get your tix, and then in the mix, tour's delayed now,
Hoping by then he's not one day closer to death...

Every year you think about a missed opportunity at the time.
Plans that just plain came to naught, couldn't go and that is fine.
Hanging on in quiet desperation for a twenty twenty-one day,
The tour's delayed, this year's shows are over,
Thought I'd something more to say...
The following users liked this post:
[email protected] (03-31-20)
Old 03-31-20, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

I had tickets for an April 24th Chicago show by The Residents, and naturally the band announced weeks ago that the tour had been postponed.
I get an email last night from the venue and the band that the show has been rescheduled for May 7th 2021.
My first reaction was that May isn't that far off, and that seemed a little soon.

I had to read the email three times before I realized it was rescheduled for 2021.
Old 03-31-20, 02:35 PM
Political Exile

Received 485 Likes on 320 Posts

Yeah, Apocalyptica / Lacuna Coil show coming in May was rescheduled in Feb 2021 when they announced the cancellation. Insomnium is joining Eluviette this fall on their tour to make it a co-headlining tour. Vio-Lence already rescheduled their tour.

Still waiting to hear rescheduled dates for other tours that have been cancelled like Fleshgod Apocalypse who held their tickets to be used in the future. Testament (whose singer is recovering from COVID-19) is supposed to start a tour in April which I'm 100% sure will be cancelled. I have a ton of other shows pending also (was looking forward to seeing Symphony X in May), it will be odd for me to go months without seeing shows, I generally see 3 or 4 shows a month. Hoping they resume shows by June though, was planning on taking the kids to the Pitchfork Festival in July.
Old 04-17-20, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 404 Likes on 288 Posts

Just put in for my refund for Roger Waters. Nearly $700 for two front row tickets. No way I can justify holding on to those tix for over a year in the hopes that he actually gets to have the tour next year... I'm glad Ticketmaster is allowing refunds on this one as I probably should not have bought the tix when I did and it was the last big artist I have not seen. Saw Pink Floyd a few times back in the late 80s and was blown away, wanted to get tix for Waters tour last year but missed out as it was my wife's Bday, so I jumped on the presale for this one. Given the cost of crap tix it was sort of a no brainer to get the best seats for about 75 bucks more.... really sad about this one.
Old 04-17-20, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 259 Likes on 152 Posts

I was first introduced to Phish via taped bootleg shows back around 1998. I always wanted to see them life, but back then was a broke college student, then later struggling to get a career and financial independence going. By the time I was getting there, they broke up and Trey went off to rehab. By the time they reunited I had a toddler and it was hard to get away for concerts. Plus they rarely played in my state. Still, there was multiple years that I tried to get tickets but was screwed either by scalpers or the lottery system they do through their site.
Finally this year they announced an Alabama show for summer tour, and I got 2 tickets through their lottery! Great fucking seats, too. After 20+ years, I was finally going to see one of my favorite bands.
But, they’re already slowly cancelling shows. The Colorado shows in mid-July are done. My show is scheduled for July 31st. I figure there’s about a 2% chance I’ll actually get to see them now. The Trey Anastasio Band has already cancelled their entire spring and summer tours.
But, fuck it, I’m gonna take this loss and use it as collateral to get the wife to let me go to one of their big 3-night runs sometime in the next year or two. Probably not MSG for NYE, but it’ll be something epic.
I really wish I’d done the 3 night Halloween run in Charleston last year, now.
Old 04-18-20, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2,358 Likes on 1,590 Posts

Ticketmaster/Live Nation is under a lot of heat now from the US and Canadian governments (which are starting probes into the company) because they aren't issuing refunds to shows that haven't been officially cancelled. And I'm pretty sure there will be no shows for the rest of 2020. There's no way they will be able to handle all the refunds, they don't have enough cash on hand, I have a feeling they might very well go bankrupt. This is one situation where I would be ok with that, they're a terrible, monopolistic company that deserves to go down in flames at this point, and they aren't really necessary, just a middle man that can be easily replaced by hopefully a bunch of smaller companies. And that goes for their fucking Stubhub as well.
Old 04-19-20, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,208 Likes on 928 Posts

The Sounds did a full performance with production this past Friday live from Malmo, Sweden. It was a lot of fun. They did not play an encore but had a fun Q&A. No, they played for no one at the venue they were at, so it was awkward, but fun as hell.

Starts at 40:50.
Old 04-19-20, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by cultshock
Ticketmaster/Live Nation is under a lot of heat now from the US and Canadian governments (which are starting probes into the company) because they aren't issuing refunds to shows that haven't been officially cancelled. And I'm pretty sure there will be no shows for the rest of 2020. There's no way they will be able to handle all the refunds, they don't have enough cash on hand, I have a feeling they might very well go bankrupt. This is one situation where I would be ok with that, they're a terrible, monopolistic company that deserves to go down in flames at this point, and they aren't really necessary, just a middle man that can be easily replaced by hopefully a bunch of smaller companies. And that goes for their fucking Stubhub as well.
Both companies (most likely due to how much heat they are getting) said they would now offer refunds for Postponed shows that have a new set date.

The caveat is that once you receive an email from them (hopefully) around 5/1/20, you have 30-Days to request your refund.

Like all things Live Nation & Ticketmaster, the other caveat is they are offering this while many bands & venues have not set rescheduled dates for many tours, rightfully so, as the COVID-19 situation changes literally minute to minute.

So unless a band you bought tickets to is planning on setting a new date in the 30-Days (at least for Postponed shows without a new date), you are out of luck. This is my case for my Rage Against the Machine tickets.

Live Nation & Ticketmaster is all smoke & mirrors with this. While I'm happy that fans who bought tickets to shows with new date (they can't attend) will get a chance to get their money back, it's Live Nation & Ticketmaster we are talking about here. They aren't ever out to purely help anyone.

(Link to the proposed refund news):

https://www.billboard.com/articles/b...ostponed-shows

Last edited by asianxcore; 04-19-20 at 12:56 PM.
Old 05-04-20, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Got my refund for Roger Waters. Might try for tix again if he tours in 2021/22.. I have tickets for a few Buddy Guy shows in July that are still scheduled but will most likely be canceled and my tickets to see Mike Campbell / The Dirty Knobs have been moved to October. God willing that will not be canceled.

My last concerts were Three Buddy Guy shows at his club in Chicago back in January. I've wanted to catch these residency shows for twenty years and if they are the last shows I catch I will still be greatful to have seen him play at his club. Phenomenal shows even if they were basically the same set. For 83 the man can still play like a mother flucker....
Old 05-14-20, 02:36 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 231 Likes on 159 Posts

Dragonforce rescheduled for 2021. Not sure if Unleash the Archers and Visions of Atlantis will support.
Old 05-14-20, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,418 Likes on 4,389 Posts

Interesting article by the tour manager for the upcoming / formerly upcoming Rolling Stones tour

Tour Manager to the Stars Talks COVID-19’s Impact: ‘It’s Pretty Much a Lost Year’
Old 05-14-20, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 227 Likes on 183 Posts

I'm still waiting for my Ministry show to have some update, as well as my wife's Hall and Oates.
Old 05-26-20, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by mndtrp
I'm still waiting for my Ministry show to have some update, as well as my wife's Hall and Oates.
You probably received the email but the Ministry Tour Dates have been re-scheduled for next Spring.

New Dates are in the link:

https://consequenceofsound.net/2020/...r-spring-2021/

Old 05-30-20, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

just got notification that my July Buddy Guy shows are now April 2021...
Old 06-02-20, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 227 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by asianxcore
You probably received the email but the Ministry Tour Dates have been re-scheduled for next Spring.

New Dates are in the link:

https://consequenceofsound.net/2020/...r-spring-2021/
I did, but thanks. I'm still not entirely sure I'll feel comfortable attending a concert in April. If things haven't really changed virus-wise, I'll just eat the cost of the tickets. I'm pretty sure I did will-call, and the location I go to doesn't even hand out physical tickets for will-call, so reselling them would be too much of a hassle.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.