DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Music Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk-28/)
-   -   Jack White records single with Insane Clown Posse (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/594116-jack-white-records-single-insane-clown-posse.html)

Gdrlv 08-31-11 11:29 AM

Jack White records single with Insane Clown Posse

to record a Mozart cover. Truly bizarre.

http://pitchfork-cdn.s3.amazonaws.co...861/header.jpg

http://pitchfork.com/news/43861-jack...e-clown-posse/

Rival11 08-31-11 11:43 AM

Re: Jack White records single with Insane Clown Posse

WTF?? Damn right it's bizarre

Liver&Onions 08-31-11 11:55 AM

Fucking vinyl, how does it work?

jrsl76 08-31-11 03:44 PM

Seriously? ICP are AWFUL.

Gdrlv 08-31-11 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by jrsl76 (Post 10907909)
Seriously? ICP are AWFUL.

Have a listen to it. It's one of the weirdest things I've ever heard.

Liver&Onions 08-31-11 03:50 PM

Lick on the left side, Lick on the right. Lick down the middle.

david12 08-31-11 04:02 PM

Love em or hate em, ICP have maintained a pretty decent following of total idiots! You can't fault Jack, who is doing the independant thing in Detroit, to find a common bond with ICP, an idependant thing from Detroit. Excited to hear it although I'll probably only listen once.

Jason 08-31-11 04:41 PM

It's not exactly what I would call good, but I just love that not everyone in the music industry takes themselves seriously all the time.

cungar 08-31-11 04:54 PM

Aim a little higher Jack unless you want to destroy your fanbase and reputation for quality.

Torchur317 08-31-11 05:54 PM

Actually you are beyond wrong with that, Jack will gain lots of new fans just because of this collab. Why do you think so many talented artists work with ICP? It's a SMART business move, their fans are more loyal than anyone....

Gdrlv 08-31-11 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Torchur317 (Post 10908088)
Actually you are beyond wrong with that, Jack will gain lots of new fans just because of this collab. Why do you think so many talented artists work with ICP? It's a SMART business move, their fans are more loyal than anyone....

White Stripes reunion at next years Gathering of the Juggalos.

foofighters7 08-31-11 06:27 PM

they are worse than Hitler's Diarrhea. I have no clue as to what White is doing here. Perhaps he lost a wager with someone.

Just maybe, Jack has a case of the 'Eliza Doolittle' syndrome and wants to prove something.

Other than that I would guess meth.

AnonomusBob15 08-31-11 07:06 PM

Wrong. Insane Clown Posse fans are idiots, as already mentioned in this thread. And the collaboration sucks, so it's not like sparks ignited. I haven't cared for much of anything White has done post-White Stripes, Dead Weather doesn't do anything for me either.

Mike86 08-31-11 07:39 PM

If people don't like it don't listen to it. Plain and simple. Jack has collaborated with a bunch of people over the years and even though I don't like these guys much I don't think this makes him a joke suddenly or makes him lose any credibility. One odd decision isn't going to destroy his career like some of you seem to think.

jrsl76 08-31-11 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by Gdrlv (Post 10907913)
Have a listen to it. It's one of the weirdest things I've ever heard.

I agree it was weird. It was also fucking horrid.

cungar 08-31-11 10:18 PM

If gaining (any kind of low life) fans at any cost is that important maybe he should just join their band. I thought he actually had some musical integrity.
The guy's played guitar with Jimmy Page and Keith Richards. this is about 1000 steps down from that peak.

PopcornTreeCt 08-31-11 10:20 PM

I'd like to see him collaborate with Kanye West next.

Throwing Copper 09-01-11 12:13 AM

I am very disappointed in Jack White for agreeing to work with these sick and disgusting fucking idiots.

Dumb move. Stupid on all levels.

bralph 09-01-11 07:30 AM

Wow... I couldn't even finish listening to it. Absolutely terrible. I can't even call it a song.

LiquidSky 09-01-11 07:34 AM

I may swing by Jack's record store this weekend. I want to pick up the single he produced for Wanda Jackson (hopefully it's still available).

Hixx 09-01-11 06:04 PM

Mozart just threw up in his grave a little.

mndtrp 09-01-11 06:15 PM

Sounds like some guys fucking around. It's not up my alley, but I used to listen to Adam Sandler's album, so what can I say?

Jason 09-01-11 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by cungar (Post 10908371)
If gaining (any kind of low life) fans at any cost is that important maybe he should just join their band. I thought he actually had some musical integrity.

I'm sure there are people who feel the same way about Lou Reed now that he's recorded an album with Metallica.

foofighters7 09-01-11 09:02 PM

I feel like this is truly a joke of some kind. I just can't believe this is real.

That was one of the worst things that has ever invaded my ear hole.

Jack White: Confusing trendy hipsters everywhere.

Chaza 09-01-11 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by david12 (Post 10907942)
Love em or hate em, ICP have maintained a pretty decent following of total idiots! You can't fault Jack, who is doing the independant thing in Detroit, to find a common bond with ICP, an idependant thing from Detroit. Excited to hear it although I'll probably only listen once.

Jack's been in Nashville for years now, and while I'm not going to like this, he's a weirdo like most musical savants and does whatever he wants. He made a huge band with a drummer with unusual talents so he can get things done.