Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Metallica - ...And Justice for All 24k Remaster

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-11, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

By strange luck, I had the opportunity to hear one of the very rare ...And Justice for All 24k Remastered discs. This is not a DCC release, but on par with the RTL and MOP DCC 24k jobbies.

Here's some info:

http://avaxhome.ws/music/metal/thras..._24k_gold.html

(The download links don't work btw)

It sounds a great deal better than the standard release. There are actually bass frequencies on this record! Some songs are better than others (One is particularly good) but others still have the lines buried to some degree. What you end up hearing is that part of the issue with this record is that unlike Cliff Burton, most of Newstead's lines practically track the rhythm guitar almost completely. So that kind of muddies the lines more than anything. I'd love to hear a 5.1 mix of this from the original masters one day.

Anyway, this is a cleaner, tighter and more punchy mix over the original release. An A/B comparison was almost laughable.

This guy is apparently a major Metallica fan, he had a ton of stuff, copies of the album mixed by different people released in different regions, etc.

If you have a chance to hear this, you should, it's an entirely different take on a great record.