Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Lady Gaga- Born This Way FULL ALBUM- 99 cents Today only!

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Lady Gaga- Born This Way FULL ALBUM- 99 cents Today only!

Old 05-26-11, 07:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Lady Gaga- Born This Way FULL ALBUM- 99 cents Today only!

I don't care for the 80s sounding tracks like Edge of Glory and The Fashion of His Love. To me they sound too Madonna. The ones I prefer are Bloody Mary, ScheiBe, Government Hooker, and Highway Unicorn. They have a slightly different sound than what people are used to from GaGa... I just wish she would've gone further with the darker sound - but I know she won't since she's so concerned with being a mainstream success.
I also really like the song You and I but I think on the album it was overproduced to sound like a Queen song - plus it really didn't seem to fit in on the album, since it's a ballad.
I have the biggest problem though with the song Bad Kids. From the title, I would've thought it'd be a rock song, but I listened to it and it's so pop. Ick!

I have a bad feeling GaGa's just going to continue on with a Madonna type music career. I heard her say in one of her interviews that she wants to continue the whole Monster Ball type of tour... I mean really if you think about it, she's not doing anything different than what Britney Spears does on her tours. They all try to make up some "theme" or "story" and connect all the songs to it. It'd be better more spontaneous.
Old 05-26-11, 07:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kstublen View Post

But yeah, the human/motorcycle hybrid is just ridiculous.
I agree.
Old 05-26-11, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by kristina View Post
I considered downloading the album just to help the sales,...
To help the sales? I'm sure 1 download is going to have a big effect on chart position.