Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Tesla - "Twisted Wires & the Acoustic Sessions" (July 2011)

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Old 05-16-11, 07:56 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts

Twisted Wires & the Acoustic Sessions

TESLA is releasing a new album titled “TWISTED WIRES & the acoustic sessions...” this July of 2011. The self produced album of 12 songs features two new unreleased songs called “Second Street”, and “Better Off Without You”, as well as never before heard recordings of the last acoustic studio sessions with former original guitarist Tommy Skeoch from 2005.

The aptly titled album is not only called “TWISTED WIRES & the acoustic sessions...” for the way Tesla has always seemed to seamlessly blend acoustic and electric guitar sounds in their music, but is also descriptive of the bands continuous and tumultuous ride over the past 25 years, overcoming the ups and downs of rock and roll.

From the band that sparked the “unplugged” craze of the 90’s with “5 Man Acoustic Jam”, and the radical electric guitar riffs of “Modern Day Cowboy” featured on the latest Guitar Hero game, now comes “TWISTED WIRES & the acoustic sessions...” a creative mix of past and present, as well as a classic rendition of Climax Blues Band’s “I Love You” which so happens to be the first song TESLA recorded together after reuniting from a painful 5 year break up.

Take a spin of the new disc by TESLA and enjoy the celebration of 25 years with America’s gritty blue collar band of survivors who still rocks today, and will for another 25 years!
The album will consist of 6 tracks recorded back in 2005 at Brian's J STREET Studio (luckily these tracks survived the infamous fire!) and 6 newly recorded tracks recorded at Frank Hannon's studio including acoustic remakes of songs from "Bust a Nut" and a brand new song "Second Street".
Old 05-16-11, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 154 Likes on 124 Posts
Re: Tesla - "Twisted Wires & the Acoustic Sessions" (July 2011)

Can't wait. Plus, I believe later in the year they are coming out with another studio album.

Better off Without You is actually a remake of an old demo they did and I Love You was on their Itunes EP, A Peace of Time.