Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

MEGADETH: new album [Produced by Johnny K] -Fall 2011

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

MEGADETH: new album [Produced by Johnny K] -Fall 2011

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-11, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: MEGADETH: new album [Produced by Johnny K] -Fall 2011

I like it. It's nothing particularly special or groundbreaking, but it's pretty good for the their recent output.

The one thing I find interesting is how badly Mustaine's voice has deteriorated recently. I was listening to the Big 4's Sofia concert last weekend and on the big "Am I Evil?" sing-along I was really confused before realizing it was actually Mustaine. The dude simply can't sing at all anymore, and I'm not really sure how he does it for new studio albums or his live-album overdubs.
Old 09-26-11, 03:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mordred
The one thing I find interesting is how badly Mustaine's voice has deteriorated recently.
Could he be sick? He's never been more than a passable singer in any case, and I doubt he'll have an ageless voice like Dio.
Old 09-26-11, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dave had a terrible year last year, he sounds much better this year.
Old 10-01-11, 02:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 212 Likes on 185 Posts

MEGADETH TO RE-LAUNCH ‘GIGANTOUR’
FOR FIRST TIME IN NEARLY FOUR YEARS
IN EARLY 2012 WITH MOTÖRHEAD, VOLBEAT & LACUNA COIL

BAND GIVES TRIUMPHANT PERFORMANCE
AT YANKEE STADIUM AT THE BIG 4

THIRTEENTH ALBUM, TITLED
TH1RT3EN
OUT VIA ROADRUNNER RECORDS NOVEMBER 1

MEGADETH, easily one of the most recognized and culturally significant names in hard rock music for the past three decades, are excited to re-launch for the first time since 2008 their critically acclaimed package festival GIGANTOUR. The multi-artist bill--with metal heavyweights MOTÖRHEAD, VOLBEAT and LACUNA COIL all personally picked by MUSTAINE--will kick off in early 2012 with dates tentatively set for late January through early March. GIGANTOUR was founded by MEGADETH frontman DAVE MUSTAINE in 2005 and was last in the U.S. in May 2008. Stay tuned for official tour dates and on-sale information.

MEGADETH’s thirteenth album--appropriately titled TH1RT3EN--will be released November 1 via Roadrunner Records. On, TH1RT3EN, MUSTAINE and the band continue to sharpen their attack, taking down leaders who sell false truths; Megadeth tap right into the collective paranoia of modern times. The new release follows up 2009's ENDGAME, which was one of the most celebrated albums of the pioneering band's storied career. Anticipation is high and fans are anxious for a taste of new music from the legends, who have sold over 25 million albums globally throughout the course of their career. The album’s first single is the volcanic “Public Enemy No. 1.”

The band--singer/guitarist DAVE MUSTAINE, bassist DAVE ELLEFSON, guitarist CHRIS BRODERICK and drummer SHAWN DROVER--recently performed at Yankee Stadium for one of only two U.S. BIG 4 shows, with Metallica, Anthrax and Slayer. Of their performance, the New York Times’ Ben Ratliff said, “…as always, he [Mustaine] was fascinating to watch: serious and flinty-voiced, a generous and hard-working guitar player, as he traded off solos with Chris Broderick…(9/15/11).” Jim Farber of the New York Daily News said, “Songs performed here, like ‘Peace Sells...But Who's Buying’ ideally calibrated melody and mania. ‘Symphony Of Destruction’ remains a classic of crunch. Such songs also boast an individual point of view, combining Mustaine's political rants with his psychological self-assaults.”

Dave Mustaine is proud of the music put forth on the new recording, saying, "This record is the culmination of my work over the 13 records I recorded. There are moments on TH1RT3EN that capture my every emotion, and other moments where I am releasing feelings I never knew existed! My proudest moments of my musical career are captured on TH1RT3EN.” TH1RT3EN also marks the recorded return of bassist Dave Ellefson who was part of the band's classic lineup from 1983 to 2002. In a move that delighted the band's legion of diehards, Ellefson returned to performing live with Megadeth in early 2010 and has remained a fixture on the stage ever since. This is the first time Ellefson has played on a Megadeth record since 2002's Rude Awakening.

The new album’s title has several levels of meaning. Dave Mustaine, who first picked up an axe at the age of 13, told RollingStone.com (backstage at Yankee Stadium): "I was born on September 13th; this is my thirteenth record. It just seemed like it was the right thing to do to call it TH1RT3EN." See it here: http://www.rollingstone.com/videos/n...-rock-20110915.

GIGANTOUR is a chance to, as MUSTAINE says, tour with like-minded artists “that play heavy music in a high-energy environment,” with a fan-friendly ticket price. He founded the tour in 2005 and invited such artists as Anthrax, Dream Theater, Fear Factory, Lamb of God, Opeth, Static-X and In Flames to join MEGADETH. For LACUNA COIL, GIGANTOUR 2012 marks a return to the tour, as they performed on the 2007 Australian tour; the Italian heavy metal group’s singer CRISTINA SCABBIA also appeared on MEGADETH’s 2007 re-recording of their song “A Tout Le Monde” (check it out here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xn01nSG4cvU).

With nine Grammy nominations under their bullet belts and having enjoyed five consecutive Platinum and multi-Platinum certifications, as well as seven Gold certifications during their career, MEGADETH need no introduction. They've essentially written the book on heavy metal and hard rock, gaining momentum with each critically lauded release. In 2010, MUSTAINE released his first book, Mustaine: A Heavy Metal Memoir, which hit the New York Times bestseller list in hardcover (and is now being re-released in paperback). In a review, the Toronto Globe & Mail said, “Dave Mustaine’s memoir is the narrative of a struggling, hard-won music career. It is also a story of survival, redemption and faith…Dave Mustaine is a legend in heavy metal; he has written music that has inspired generations of fans, and he has proven that with faith, anything is possible. Transcending simple religion and music, Mustaine’s Heavy Metal Memoir will leave you moved and inspired (8/25/10).”

www.gigantour.com
www.megadeth.com
www.roadrunnerrecords.com
Old 10-25-11, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Anyone else listening to this?

I like it. A lot. Might be better than Endgame for me. I think the original version of Sudden Death sounds better (there are some minor tweaks in this version), but tracks like Public Enemy No. 1, Never Dead (heavy as fuck) and Black Swan are really helping this album stand out from Endgame, which was technically brilliant but lacked meaty hooks. There are a couple weak spots, but overall it's a good record.

Edit: The stronger tracks are making me overlook the fact that it's a more mid-tempo rock album than thrash. Endgame was thrashier.

Last edited by islandclaws; 10-25-11 at 03:57 PM.
Old 10-25-11, 02:47 PM

I should be picking this up next tuesday as long as I keep reading good things like this.
Old 10-26-11, 05:22 AM

I found a couple of reviews, this is one of them. Three things got me excited about Megadeth’s TH1RT3EN. Firstly, it’s the legendary band’s 13th studio album. Secondly, it features the return of bass master Dave Ellefson. And thirdly, it contains some reworks of demos and riffs from the good ol’ days (I’m a sucker for nostalgia, yet my therapist says that I suffer from adjustment disorders). *Anyway, let’s get to it, shall we?

TH1RT3EN commences with the apocalyptic opener ‘Sudden Death’, which most of you should be familiar with if you play Guitar Hero; the track itself is more about sustaining an ominous mood than being completely sonically crushing like some of the other rivets of TH1RT3EN. ‘Sudden Death’ is immediately followed by the first single ‘Public Enemy No. 1’, which drifts more towards hard rock than metal (it becomes a distinctive characteristic of several songs off of TH1RT3EN, and makes you wonder if producer Johnny K was behind this), but possesses a typical Megadeth bridge, unforgettable chorus and fret-burning solo that’ll please Dave Mustaine’s legions. *‘Whose Life (Is It Anyways)?’ and ‘Black Swan’ did nothing for me, before ‘We the People’ took me by the throat and reminded me about what initially made me fall in love with Megadeth. *Other notable high points include the rifftastic ‘Never Dead’, high-octane charged ‘Fast Lane’, wrecking ball rocker ‘Wrecker’, the dramatic ‘13’ (Ellefson was correct in comparing it to ‘In My Darkest Hour’), and the reworks, ‘Millennium of the Blind’ and ‘New World Order’, which sound polished and modernised for the 21st Century. Overall, you’re presented with a fairly diverse selection of songs that keep you entertained for close to an hour – I wouldn’t say that there are any real bad songs, just one or two that don’t keep up with the rest and feel out of place.

There are many who crave a Rust in Peace or Peace Sells… but Who’s Buying? part 2, but let’s be honest, which band wants to create the same album twice? Overall, Megadeth have delivered another ripper in the form of the crafty TH1RT3EN. I recommend it.

Best Tracks: ‘We the People’, ‘Never Dead’ and ‘13’

83/100
Old 10-28-11, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

MEGADETH TO PERFORM ON
'JIMMY KIMMEL LIVE!'
OUTDOOR STAGE ON HALLOWEEN NIGHT
ON THE EVE OF THE RELEASE OF THEIR NEW ALBUM
'TH1RT3EN'
OUT VIA ROADRUNNER RECORDS NOVEMBER 1

BAND TO HEAD TO SOUTH AMERICA FOR HEADLINE SHOWS IN NOVEMBER
AND TOUR AMERICA IN 2012 ON THE RE-LAUNCHED 'GIGANTOUR'

Ready for a real head-crushing Halloween? Then gear up for MEGADETH in all their metal glory, live in Hollywood, CA on Monday, October 31 on ABC-TV's "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" where they'll perform on the show's outdoor stage.
The next day (11/1/11), the legendary and influential group--singer/guitarist DAVE MUSTAINE, drummer SHAWN DROVER, guitarist CHRIS BRODERICK and bassist DAVID ELLEFSON--will release TH1RT3EN (Roadrunner Records), which features the volcanic single "Public Enemy No 1." Marking the band's 13th studio album, it has already been hailed by Revolver magazine as "Megadeth's best and most vital album of the 21st century (11/11)," while Spin cited the band's continued relevance: "Mustaine's fevered tirades bemoaning the state of the world feel utterly apt, given today's headlines: 'We the People' clearly belongs on the apocalypse's official soundtrack" (10/10/11).
In November, MEGADETH will head to South America for--appropriately--13 headlining shows in 9 countries beginning November 9 and wrapping December 1 (see tour dates below). In 2012, they will re-launch for the first time since 2008 their critically acclaimed package festival GIGANTOUR. The multi-artist bill--with metal heavyweights MOTÖRHEAD, VOLBEAT and LACUNA COIL, all personally picked by MUSTAINE--will kick off in early 2012 with dates tentatively set for late January through early March. GIGANTOUR was founded by MEGADETH frontman DAVE MUSTAINE in 2005 and was last in the U.S. in May 2008. Stay tuned for official tour dates and on-sale information at www.gigantour.com.
With 25 million global album sales, nine Grammy nominations under their bullet belts and having enjoyed five consecutive Platinum and multi-Platinum certifications, as well as seven Gold certifications during their career in America alone, MEGADETH continue to sharpen their attack on TH1RT3EN. They take down leaders who sell false truths and tap right into the collective paranoia of modern times. The album's songs include "Black Swan," "New World Order," "Never Dead" and the introspective closer "13," where Mustaine wrestles with the demons that he revealed in his first book, 2010's Mustaine: A Heavy Metal Memoir, which hit the New York Times bestseller list in hardcover (and is now being re-released in paperback).

MUSTAINE recently talked about the new album and a few of his favorite songs. Of "Public Enemy No. 1," MUSTAINE said, "I was dreaming of this riff and I woke up all of the sudden. I dialed my cell phone as fast as I could and recorded it immediately." In an interview with Revolver magazine, Mustaine talked about "Whose Life (Is It Anyways?)," saying, "It's energetic. It's youthful. It's not the typical Megadeth track with a lot of riffing. It's more of a chord progression kind of thing; just a simple song." And of "Never Dead," he said, "I'd written that riff while out on tour; a real breakneck rhythm pattern... this has all the elements of a video-game song, too--it starts off spooky, it builds, it's killer!"

MEGADETH tour dates:

11/9 Buenos Aires, Argentina - Estadio Cubierto Malvinas
11/10 Buenos Aires, Argentina - Estadio Cubierto Malvinas
11/12 Santiago, Chile - Maquinaria Festival, Club Hipico
11/14 Sao Paulo, Brazil - SWU Music & Arts Festival
11/16 Mexico City, Mexico - Jose Cuervo Salon
11/17 Mexico City, Mexico - Jose Cuervo Salon
11/19 Guadalajara, Mexico - H&H Metal Fest, Calle 2
11/20 Monterrey, Mexico - Banamex Auditorium
11/23 Bogota, Colombia - Coliseo El Campin
11/25 La Paz, Bolivia - Estadio Rafael Mendoza Castellon
11/27 Asuncion, Paraguay - Live Ace Arena
11/29 Medellin, Colombia - Polideportivo Envigado
12/1 Heredia, Costa Rica - Rosabal Cordero Stadium
Old 10-28-11, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by KillerCannibal
Anyone else listening to this?

I like it. A lot. Might be better than Endgame for me. I think the original version of Sudden Death sounds better (there are some minor tweaks in this version), but tracks like Public Enemy No. 1, Never Dead (heavy as fuck) and Black Swan are really helping this album stand out from Endgame, which was technically brilliant but lacked meaty hooks. There are a couple weak spots, but overall it's a good record.

Edit: The stronger tracks are making me overlook the fact that it's a more mid-tempo rock album than thrash. Endgame was thrashier.
I'm waiting for Tuesday [I want my official copy now!] to officially listen to it. Well they did say it's more like Countdown. Anyway glad you're liking it it.
Old 10-28-11, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

It's a decent album but as people have said it's not a thrash album. The only track I really didn't like that much was "Black Swan".
More memorable songs on this one than the last few albums.
Old 11-01-11, 06:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 121 Posts

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/u07HAjurtWo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Monsters of metal!
Old 11-01-11, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by wishbone
Spoiler:
<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/u07HAjurtWo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Monsters of metal
So awesome!
Old 11-04-11, 11:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

DATES ANNOUNCED FOR THE CRITICALLY ACCLAIMED PACKAGE FESTIVAL FEATURING TOUR FOUNDERS MEGADETH ALONG WITH MOTÖRHEAD, VOLBEAT & LACUNA COIL

TOUR KICKS OFF JANUARY 26 IN CAMDEN, NJ

ARTISTS LOOK FORWARD TO TOUR'S HIGHLY ANTICIPATED RETURN

GIGANTOUR---the critically acclaimed package festival founded in 2005 by esteemed metal titans MEGADETH--will make its highly anticipated return for the first time since 2008. The multi-artist bill--with metal heavyweights MOTÖRHEAD, VOLBEAT and LACUNA COIL all personally picked by MEGADETH frontman DAVE MUSTAINE--will kick off January 26 in Camden, NJ. Before wrapping February 28 in Denver, CO, the tour will make stops all across the U.S. and Canada including a January 28 show in New York and February 24 in Los Angeles. Tickets are on-sale beginning November 4. For more information visit: http://www.gigantour.com. MEGADETH has also teamed up with VIPNation.com to provide fans with Ultimate VIP packages including premium tickets, meet and greets, exclusive gifts and more. Go to www.megadeth.com for all the details.

GIGANTOUR is a chance to, as MUSTAINE says, tour with like-minded artists "that play heavy music in a high-energy environment," with a fan-friendly ticket price. He founded the tour in 2005 and invited such artists as Anthrax, Dream Theater, Fear Factory, Lamb of God, Opeth, Static-X and In Flames to join MEGADETH.

Lemmy, frontman of the legendary MOTÖRHEAD, looks forward to performing at this year's GIGANTOUR amongst all the other talented musicians. "We've done festivals in Europe with Lacuna Coil and they're workaholics as well! Volbeat are great too; the whole bill is pretty diverse and I advise everyone who likes being deaf, and/or can lip-read already, to come out and see what the stuff that doesn't get any MTV Video Awards sounds like! Gigantour is just that!"

He goes on to say, "Megadeth are one of the greatest bands to tread a stage anywhere and me and Dave have been promising each other we'd tour together ever since we met! Volbeat and Lacuna Coil are interesting choices and I think it's gonna be incredible trying to understand each other backstage! Come and see what eclectic means! (look THAT up in your Funk & Wagnall's)! See you!"

VOLBEAT vocalist and guitarist Michael Poulsensaid the band couldn't refuse MUSTAINE's offer to join the tour. "This is something you don't think twice about; it's a must and a blessing. They [Megadeth and Motörhead] are two of the world's biggest/best and most important bands in heavy rock history. Since the beginning, Megadeth and Motörhead have been a huge inspiration of my/our musical careers. To have the opportunity to go on the road and share the stage with these two legendary rock bands, is another dream come true in the Volbeat adventure. We are very thankful and cannot wait to play in front of these two legendary bands' audience for some intense minutes of Volbeat rock!"

LACUNA COIL is eager to return for their second GIGANTOUR; they first performed as part of the 2007 tour. "When we were invited to join Gigantour once again, we were really happy as it seems like the perfect way to start the Dark Adrenaline album cycle in the US," says co-vocalist Andrea Ferro. "Our new album will be released during the tour and it's gonna be great. We will be playing alongside metal legends like Megadeth and Motörhead and it's gonna be awesome. It's a great touring package with two classic bands and two younger bands who each have a unique sound like Lacuna Coil and Volbeat. Â Can't wait!"

Co-vocalist Cristina Scabbia agrees. "WOW! Gigantour! I am super excited!! I mean are you kidding me? A tour with Megadeth, Motörhead, Vollbeat and us? This is going to be so crushing that I think the walls are gonna fall down in some of the venues!! Are you guys ready? I definitely am!"

Today, Tuesday, November 1 also marks another epic occasion: MEGADETH's thirteenth album--appropriately titled TH1RT3EN--is released via Roadrunner Records. On, TH1RT3EN, MUSTAINEand the band continue to sharpen their attack, taking down leaders who sell false truths; Megadeth tap right into the collective paranoia of modern times. The new release follows up 2009's ENDGAME, which was one of the most celebrated albums of the pioneering band's storied career. Anticipation is high and fans are anxious for a taste of new music from the legends, who have sold over 25 million albums globally throughout the course of their career. The album's first single is the volcanic "Public Enemy No. 1."

GIGANTOUR 2012 Tour Dates:

Thu 1/26 Camden, NJ Susquehanna Bank Center
Fri 1/27 Uncasville, CT Mohegan Sun Arena
Sat 1/28 New York, NY Theater at Madison Square Garden
Sun 1/29 Lowell, MA Tsongas Arena
Wed 2/1 Glens Falls, NY Glens Falls Civic Center
Thu 2/2 Quebec City, QC Colisee Pepsi Arena
Fri 2/3 Montreal, QC Bell Centre
Sun 2/5 Kingston, ON K-Rock Centre
Tue 2/7 Oshawa, ON General Motors Centre
Wed 2/8 Hamilton, ON Copps Coliseum
Thu 2/9 Auburn Hills, MI Palace of Auburn Hills
Fri 2/10 Chicago, IL Aragon Ballroom
Sun 2/12 Milwaukee, WI Eagles Ballroom
Tue 2/14 St. Paul, MN Myth
Thu 2/16 Saskatoon, SK Prairieland
Fri 2/17 Edmonton, AB Shaw Conference Centre
Sat 2/18 Calgary, AB Big 4 Building
Mon 2/20 Abbotsford, BC Abbotsford Ent & Sports Centre
Tue 2/21 Kent, WA Showare Center
Thu 2/23 San Jose, CA Events Center
Fri 2/24 Universal City, CA Gibson Amphitheatre
Sat 2/25 Phoenix, AZ Comerica Theatre
Sun 2/26 Albuquerque, NM Tingley Coliseum
Tue 2/28 Denver, CO The Fillmore Auditorium
Old 11-04-11, 11:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Megadeth's Dave Mustaine: 6 Questions About 'Thirteen'

Megadeth frontman Dave Mustaine says there's nothing unlucky about his band's new album, "Th1rt3en," arriving Nov. 1 on Roadrunner. "Thirteen is not a bad number," says Mustaine, who founded the iconic thrash metal band after being kicked out of Metallica in 1983. "The whole unlucky part came about with the Templar Knights. Friday the 13th is associated with them."

After 28 years, Megadeth's primary associations, on the other hand, are of genre-defining metal and big business. With worldwide sales of more than 30 million, according to the label, and a seat at the top of the headbanging pantheon alongside Metallica, Slayer and Anthrax as a key member of the scene's Big Four, Megadeth is a force. "Th1rt3en" is, fittingly, the band's 13th studio album and comes on the heels of the Big Four Tour, a series of epic concerts including a sold-out seven-hour show at New York's Yankee Stadium. The new album was recorded at the band's own Vic's Garage studio in California with original bassist Dave Ellefson (his first studio appearance with the band in a decade) and marks the first time the band has worked with producer Johnny K ( Disturbed, 3 Doors Down, Sevendust).

It's not an accident that the new album is titled "Th1rt3en," is it?

Thirteen is all over the place. Obviously it's the 13th record. Then a little less obvious, I was born on the 13th [of September in 1961]. I started playing when I was 13. Jesus and his disciples are 13. When I look at a dollar, there's 13 stars and 13 arrows and 13 leaves . . . Even going down to the insanity of a super-committee, which has six members on each side and then the president.

Did you have any particular vision or creative mission for the album?

Well, we had such a limited time to do this record. When we came home from touring, we had two months off and my manager [Mark Adelman] basically laid it out that it was in my best interests to consider doing a record in that two-month period, even though it was almost impossible. But what made it a little bit easier was [Roadrunner] was working with us on this. "Sudden Death" was a song we did for "Guitar Hero" that they allowed to be on the record. Then we got an offer to do [the title song for the videogame] "NeverDead." So we went from needing 13 to having to come up with 11 new songs, which took some pressure off even though we still had to do it in about seven weeks.

What impact did Johnny K have?

Andy Sneap wasn't available, and David Ellefson had recommended him. I didn't know if he was going to work. I like the bands he's produced, but they're not necessarily my genre, not thrash metal. So I didn't know if he was going to pull it off. But when we first started the record, he said, "I know we're under a time crunch. If you need my help with anything, just let me know." We ended up working together great, even on the songwriting. I came out with a really great friend in Johnny.

What did it mean to have Dave Ellefson back in the studio with you again?

That was fun, too. Dave's a really great player. We had our differences and all that stuff, and went our separate ways. I'm the last person on Earth who would've thought he'd be back in Megadeth, and I think Dave was the second-to-last person. When we got back together again, he was a much better bass player and a better man, too. He had done a lot of growth. When the opportunity came to play again, it was not as far-fetched as one would think.

This is your last album for Roadrunner, and you've been critical of the label in the past. But it sounds like it was better for you this time around.

We have had kind of an up and down time with Roadrunner, but right now everything is good. This album signified the era of, hopefully, a new regime. They were very helpful, and we helped things by putting down some firm boundaries and standing our ground and saying "we can't do that" when we had to. So I'm very excited, very optimistic about the future.

What has the Big Four experience meant to you?

It's been wonderful. It certainly makes me take a hard sideways look at what I missed out on because of the differences that we had in the past. When we were kids, we were like brothers together. We would share food. So I'm stoked we're all getting along again, and I think it's really good for the fans, too. It's a great time now, and I hope it keeps going.

BILLBOARD.com
Old 11-04-11, 11:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Public Enemy No. 1 video

http://music.yahoo.com/videos/--223420759
Old 11-13-11, 12:42 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

My Favorite 3
Sudden Death
Never Dead [#1]
Millennium Of The Blind [Great completed/updated version]

Great tracks
Public Enemy No. 1
Whose Life (Is It Anyways?)
We The People

Good tracks
New World Order [not necessary but can't hate on it]
Black Swan [never heard the original UA bonus]
Deadly Nightshade

Average
Guns, Drugs & Money
Fast Lane
Wrecker

still need to listen to it more.
Old 12-02-11, 10:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Very good album.

My new favorite 3

Never Dead [#1]
Millennium Of The Blind [Great completed/updated version]
Old 02-24-12, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

MEGADETH AND ROB ZOMBIE
ANNOUNCE CO-HEADLINING TOUR

TREK KICKS OFF MAY 11; INCLUDES HIGH-PROFILE ROCK FESTIVAL APPEARANCES AND WRAPS MAY 26 AT ROCKLAHOMA

Metal heavyweights MEGADETH and ROB ZOMBIE have just announced a co-headlining tour guaranteed to raise the temperature on the planet. The trek--which marks the first time the two bands have toured together--kicks off Friday, May 11 in Holmdel, NJ and encompasses high-profile rock festival appearances including Rock On The Range and Rocklahoma, where the tour wraps on Saturday, May 26. A list of confirmed dates is below. For additional information on purchasing tickets, visit www.megadeth.com.

The tour will come on the heels of MEGADETH's critically acclaimed return of the traveling festival GIGANTOUR, created and curated by frontman DAVE MUSTAINE. Rave reviews have poured in for the festival, which also features MOTÖRHEAD, VOLBEAT and LACUNA COIL. "The return of Gigantour, a nicely curated package tour of heavy metal bands, is just one more step in a great run underway by Megadeth," wrote the Boston Globe. "It was a smart and well-paced show, one that illuminated metal's various angles (1/31/12)."

2011 also marked the release of MEGADETH's 13th album, the appropriately titled THIRT3EN. Released November 1 on Roadrunner Records, the album debuted #11 on the Billboard Top 200 chart and #1 on the Billboard Hard Rock chart. The album also landed on international charts including Top 10 placements in Argentina, Finland, Korea and Japan. MEGADETH-- MUSTAINE, drummer SHAWN DROVER, guitarist CHRIS BRODERICK and bassist DAVID ELLEFSON--also received their tenth Grammy nomination for this project, earning a "Best Hard Rock/Heavy Metal Performance" nomination for their single "Public Enemy #1." The "Best Hard Rock/Heavy Metal Performance" category was, eerily, category #13.

This will be ROB ZOMBIE's first concert tour since last summer's "Hell on Earth" co-headline trek with Slayer. ZOMBIE spent last fall and winter shooting his sixth feature film, "The Lords of Salem" that he wrote and directed and is making with the producers of the "Paranormal Activity" franchise. With principal photography completed, the film is currently in post-production. Never one to play it safe, ZOMBIE--with guitarist JOHN 5, bassist PIGGY D and GINGER FISH on drum--will bring his legendary stage show out in full force on these dates.

With more dates to be added, check out MEGADETH and ROB ZOMBIE in the following cities:

May 11 - Holmdel, NJ @ PNC Bank Arts Center
May 12 - Scranton, PA @ Toyota Pavilion
May 16 - Pittsburgh, PA @ Stage AE
May 18 - Grand Rapids, MI @ The Deltaplex
May 20 - Columbus, OH @ Rock On The Range
May 22 - La Crosse, WI @ La Crosse Center
May 24 - Sioux City, IA @ Tyson Center
May 25 - Wichita, KS @ Hartman Arena
May 26 - Pryor, OK @ Rocklahoma

www.megadeth.com
http://www.facebook.com/Megadeth
http://twitter.com/Megadeth
www.roadrunnerrecords.com/

http://robzombie.com/
http://www.facebook.com/RobZombie
http://twitter.com/#!/rwzombie
Old 02-25-12, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Can that even be considered a "tour"? Should be interesting to see Megadeth's lazy setlists paired with Rob's lazy stage presence. And I'm saying that as a long-time fan of both artists.
Old 02-25-12, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by KillerCannibal
Can that even be considered a "tour"? Should be interesting to see Megadeth's lazy setlists paired with Rob's lazy stage presence. And I'm saying that as a long-time fan of both artists.
truth
Old 03-04-12, 12:36 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

http://megadethanothertimeadifferent...ent-place.html
Old 04-16-12, 07:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Megadeth is confirmed to headline shows at Estadio Cubierto Malvinas in Buenos Airies, Argentina on Friday, September 14, 2012 and at Orfeo in Cordoba, Argentina on Sunday, September 16, 2012. Tickets go on sale Monday, April 23 at 10:00 a.m. Also, this just in... Megadeth WILL play the album "Countdown To Extinction" in its entirety at Teatro Caupolican in Santiago, Chile on Sept 7.
Old 04-17-12, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Great, so only a few more months until Dave brings it here and promptly plays it into the ground.

Old 05-05-12, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Gx_EV6u2MH0?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Gx_EV6u2MH0?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>