Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

That Metal Show on VH1 Classic

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

That Metal Show on VH1 Classic

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-11, 07:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 172 Posts
Re: That Metal Show on VH1 Classic

Tonight's guests are Chris Jericho and Yngwie
Old 04-16-11, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts

I just can't watch this show anymore. It's too "gushy", and I just don't get a genuine vibe from the two wannabe comedians. I like Trunk and wish it was just him.

Oh, and I was just watching Man Vs. Food, and they used the same canned metal music between segments that TMS uses. Lame. They really couldn't get some custom metal music for their show or license something?
Old 04-17-11, 02:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 696 Likes on 430 Posts

Met Eddie earlier today in Sunrise, FL, at a book signing. Right before the Maiden show. Which I didn't attend, alas.

I was surprised at how tall the guy is. I'm 6' 2, and we were almost the same height. We talked UFO for a bit, which definitely piqued his interest.. He talked with another friend of mine and gave some good band advice. Fun time. HUGE line, which is odd for South FL. The rock scene here is long past dead...
Old 04-18-11, 10:54 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think i was able to put my finger on what annoys me about the show. They were interviewing Duff Mckagen formerly of GNR, and rather than really let him answer a question, the two comediennes kept giving their opinions. I don't really care what those two geezers have to say, i want to hear the guests talk and answer.

Eddie was appropriately fawning, so i have no beef with him.
Old 04-27-11, 08:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 723 Likes on 590 Posts

Cool photo Hokeyboy

It was funny this week when Brian Posehn appeared to Stump the Trunk.

Old 08-20-11, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The new season starts tonight. Tony Iommi is the first guest.
Old 08-20-11, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

I live in LA and want to attend a taping but never heard back from the tickets people.
Old 08-20-11, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 424 Likes on 305 Posts

I wonder how they will handle the Jani Lane episode?
Old 08-21-11, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 424 Likes on 305 Posts

Next Saturday is the Jani Lane episode.
Old 09-08-11, 07:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, I just watched last weeks episode and King's X frontman Doug Pinnick said he is 61 (not a typo, SIXTY-ONE) years old. He doesn't look a day over 51.
Old 09-08-11, 07:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

^Yeah, I was surprised by that, too. Unfortunately, Tom Morello is such a motormouth we didn't get to hear too much from Doug.
Old 04-05-12, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Did anyone catch the S10 premiere this past Sat?

Great episode; they're really tightening up the show. Lars is always a good guest, and Robb Flynn was very personable, great energy.

I loved the guest guitarists they introduced, so it was cool to see guest drummers starting this season. Mike Portnoy might be an internet douche, but, man, that dude RIPS on the skins.
Old 04-05-12, 07:40 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I like the show.

Originally Posted by Vlyger
Wow, I just watched last weeks episode and King's X frontman Doug Pinnick said he is 61 (not a typo, SIXTY-ONE) years old. He doesn't look a day over 51.
I saw Doug Pinnick smash his bass to bits at a King's X show in 1994. It took him a while, too. He kept yelling at someone offstage -- I assumed he wasn't happy with the sound. Uh, they sounded flawless. I can't imagine what kind of a standard the band has. A friend of a friend was there, who basically followed the band around. Said he'd never seen anything like it.
Old 06-01-13, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

FYI, a new season starts tonight. Jason Newsted and Carmine Appice are the first guests.
Old 06-01-13, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I watch it for Jennifer's entrance. God what a body on that girl. After that, meh.
Old 06-02-13, 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by Traxan
I watch it for Jennifer's entrance. God what a body on that girl. After that, meh.
Then you will be disappointed to know that she no longer makes an entrance. The TMS Top 5 segment where she makes her entrance seems to have been dropped from the show. The only thing she does is hold the box for the Stump the Trunk segment.
Old 06-02-13, 01:40 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Trunk said on Twitter they want to mix things up but there will be some Top 5s.
Old 06-02-13, 08:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 241 Likes on 152 Posts

If they think they need sidemen for Eddie Trunk, they really should mix it up somewhat. Maybe a couple of, oh I don't know... musicians?? There have to be dozens of 70's/80's metal/AOR guys who could competently co-host.
Old 06-02-13, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

I was wondering what happened to this. I just assumed I had a TiVo conflict or something. Good to see it's back.
Old 06-02-13, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Oh I agree, his sidemen are terrible. Third rate comics at best.
Old 06-02-13, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I think Florentine has some good lines, but Don is just a fucking moron in addition to being terminally unfunny.

I don't have VH1C any longer. Still waiting for them to put this up online.
Old 06-03-13, 12:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hate the new format--the dark set with the roundtable (What do they think, they're Charlie Rose now?), that skype call segment and starting the interview immediately, plus a pre-taped segment (reminded me of the old half-hour show), and they've cut down Jennifer's screen time--Meh, I'm not into it! I hope enough people complain so they bring some of the old things back. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!!

Last edited by HUG-H; 06-03-13 at 06:18 AM.
Old 06-03-13, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by HUG-H
I hate the new format--the dark set with the roundtable (What do they think, they're Charlie Rose now?), that skype call segment and starting the interview immediately, plus a pre-taped segment (reminded me of the old half-hour show), and they've cut down Jennifer's screen time--Meh, I'm not into it! I hope enough people complain so they bring some of the old things back. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!!
I agree, not a fan of the new format either. The only new segment that I found to be decent was the "Origins" segment (Blitz was funny and entertaining).

I was most disappointed by Jennifer's demotion on the program. I guess she has been reduced to only appearing on the "Stump The Trunk" segment, and nothing else. That's a shame because she was eye candy that made the show somewhat watchable. I can't be the only person who misses seeing her strut her stuff in those heeled boots and shiny latex leggings, right? Her lack of screen time now is an unnecessary move for the worst.

VH1 Classic in general .
Old 06-03-13, 08:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree, not a fan of the new format either. The only new segment that I found to be decent was the "Origins" segment (Blitz was funny and entertaining).

I was most disappointed by Jennifer's demotion on the program. I guess she has been reduced to only appearing on the "Stump The Trunk" segment, and nothing else. That's a shame because she was eye candy that made the show somewhat watchable. I can't be the only person who misses seeing her strut her stuff in those heeled boots and shiny latex leggings, right? Her lack of screen time now is an unnecessary move for the worst.
I actually saw today on her facebook page that they are still doing the top 5, just not on every episode--Somewhat good news, but the new format still kind of comes off awkward. She is thankful to the fans that were concerned and disappointed that she was mostly absent from the season premiere. I think Eddie Trunk was taking phone calls on his radio show today about the new show, but I didn't hear it, so I wonder what the consensus was.

VH1 Classic in general .
I agree, how can it be VH1 Classic when more than half the programming is stuff that isn't even music-oriented, with shows like Married with Children, Larry Sanders, and movies like Diner, The Natural and A Few Good Men?
Old 06-03-13, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by KillerCannibal
I don't have VH1C any longer. Still waiting for them to put this up online.
Saturday's new episode (season 12, episode 1) is now up

http://www.vh1.com/video/that-metal-...playlist.jhtml

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.