Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

New Gaga single "Born this Way"

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

New Gaga single "Born this Way"

Old 05-08-11, 12:07 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: New Gaga single "Born this Way"

I watched the concert tonight, and I now like four songs by her, of all the ones I've heard so far.

'You and I' was awesome and that was the main part of the concert that won me over, since I'm not the biggest fan of her music. I don't know how the album version will sound though, since the live version was just perfect and if it's too pumped up on the album it'd ruin the appeal I think. Also 'Speechless' was also awesome, and I just checked out the album version and definitely prefer the low key live version she did over the more crowded album version.

I don't think the majority of the songs I've heard her play acoustically(Poker Face) work in that form though. But these two songs certainly were awesome in that form and it'd be nice if they were released on an album even as a bonus track.

Now I was wondering whether the Born This Way album will be edited or not like The Fame Monster was? It seems the record company only pressed edited versions that omitted the few swear words in a few of the songs and their was no notice of the album being edited. It looks like an uncut version was released in Australia and I guess digital download. But it'd be nice if the actual physical album were available easily uncut for a reasonable price, since I'm not into downloading mp3's and such.
Old 05-08-11, 01:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"Born This Way" really works acoustically as well. I'm not sure if she did that on the HBO special or not since I didn't watch it, but she played it when I went to see her in concert, followed by "You and I", and they both sounded amazing. Probably my favorite part of the show, along with "Teeth". That was awesome live.
Old 05-08-11, 01:26 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Julie Walker

I don't think the majority of the songs I've heard her play acoustically(Poker Face) work in that form though. But these two songs certainly were awesome in that form and it'd be nice if they were released on an album even as a bonus track.
The Country Road version of Born This Way is great, some of the lyrics are changed, and there isn't really any vocal enhancement. And its going to be available on the Deluxe edition of the album
<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jmR5Aat11P8?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jmR5Aat11P8?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="390" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
Old 05-08-11, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's the first time I've heard the Country Road version. I really like it.
Old 05-08-11, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Miranda Lambert should do a cover!
Old 05-08-11, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rypro 525
I was really impressed when i saw this (an ad for the HBO special saturday)
Born This Way Accapella
<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PxoxRevetsU?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PxoxRevetsU?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="390" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
Any chance this version is downloadable somewhere? I'd really love to own it but I doubt it.

I've been trying to find some acoustic versions of her songs, but I don't see them anywhere.
Old 05-08-11, 05:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't lipsync i never have. I won't waste your god damn money to watch some bitch lip sync an HBO special.

Great dig at Britney

also there is very little if any "playback" to enhance her live voice either
Or a dig at Madonna who is known to do the same. I don't get HBO so I didn't get to catch the show or that line.
Old 05-08-11, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by PacMan2006
Any chance this version is downloadable somewhere? I'd really love to own it but I doubt it.

I've been trying to find some acoustic versions of her songs, but I don't see them anywhere.
I can make you an mp3. Unless its a hidden track (or we eventually get a dvd/cd of the hbo special) we'll prob never get it released officially)

Also, The Edge of Glory which is the final track from "Born This Way" will be released to itunes tomorrow and radio as a "promotional single". And rolling stone said about the track ""This one sounds crazy in print -- it's a massive power ballad with heavy club beats that features Clarence Clemons of the E Street Band wailing on his saxophone -- but somehow it all seems totally natural when you actually hear it. There's an element of cheesiness to it, but it's totally captivating and incredibly catchy. If any of these new Gaga tunes demands to be a big fat hit, this is it. The inclusion of Clemons is an inspired touch that amplifies the song's Eighties stadium rock vibe, but his actual performance is amazing and ranks among the best of his career"
Old 05-08-11, 09:43 PM

The Country Road version of Born This Way is great, some of the lyrics are changed, and there isn't really any vocal enhancement. And its going to be available on the Deluxe edition of the album

I love that version of the song as well, and also don't mind the regular version either, but the country version is pretty cool and laid back and might be my favorite version of the song. That's one of the reasons I was thinking of maybe picking up the deluxe edition.

But I'm still wondering if any songs will be edited like on The Fame Monster? I was surprised when reading reviews on Amazon and some complained about the cd editing out all the swear words in a few songs, basically using radio edits of the songs. I think the record company was stupid to not issue edited and unedited editions like many other artists do.
Old 05-08-11, 11:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

As of now, i have no idea, i hope not. Then again, the record company allowed her concert to be on HBO, if they were really afraid of offending anyone or what not, they would have aired the concert on Fuse or MTV 2.

Also its the same with both of Ke$ha's albums. Both are edited to a degree (some s bombs are allowed some arent), and the remix album, while it has a parental advisory sticker, all the remixes are indeed the edited versions, it just has the "new" song "fuck him he's a dj". And per my friend who saw her live, she swears A LOT live
Old 05-09-11, 12:04 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by big whoppa
Or a dig at Madonna who is known to do the same. I don't get HBO so I didn't get to catch the show or that line.
how long this is up, i don't know You and I from the HBO show
<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5_Bc_gRTKr8?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5_Bc_gRTKr8?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="390" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
Old 05-09-11, 12:43 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I'm really digging this Monster Ball concert. I like the theatrics and her speaking honestly about New York and her life.
Old 05-09-11, 01:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5_Bc_gRTKr8?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5_Bc_gRTKr8?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="390" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
Did this clip suppose to have the remark about lip syncing? I may have missed it if it did. I like the second song. She finally did a ballad.
Old 05-09-11, 07:26 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good song. I loved the guitar solo!
Old 05-09-11, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I can make you an mp3. Unless its a hidden track (or we eventually get a dvd/cd of the hbo special) we'll prob never get it released officially)
Thanks. Just sent you a PM about this.
Old 05-09-11, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Well i have a feeling The Edge of Glory will blow some minds (96.1 kiss in pittsburgh debut'ed it)
<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/S08KonZiew4?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/S08KonZiew4?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="390" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
Old 05-09-11, 02:46 PM
Needs to contact a mod about multiple accounts

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Well i have a feeling The Edge of Glory will blow some minds (96.1 kiss in pittsburgh debut'ed it)
<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/S08KonZiew4?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/S08KonZiew4?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="390" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
I love it!
Old 05-09-11, 03:17 PM

I like Born This Way and Judas but really like The Edge Of Glory. I hate pop music in general but have recently become a fan of hers. Her discs look funny on the shelf with Iron Maiden and Slayer.
Old 05-09-11, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

I like the new song, best they've released off this album so far. Only complaint I have right now is they drown Clarence Clemmons sax in the mix, when you get the big man he needs to have that full sound.
Old 05-09-11, 06:02 PM

Wow I really like the new song. So far she's 4 for 4 with me. I cannot wait for the new album.
Old 05-09-11, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by Naughty!
Wow I really like the new song. So far she's 4 for 4 with me. I cannot wait for the new album.
4 for 4?

Born This Way
Judas
The Edge of Glory

what is the 4th?
Old 05-09-11, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by NiCK Crush
4 for 4?

Born This Way
Judas
The Edge of Glory

what is the 4th?
You and I
Old 05-09-11, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by Naughty!
You and I
Where can I hear that one?
Old 05-09-11, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

the link i posted. studio version hasn't been released yet, but the one i posted is the highest quality we're gonna get till the album comes out.

my bad. yt link is down
Old 05-09-11, 09:08 PM

She plays it in concert. Here's my video I shot of the performance a few weeks ago in Orlando. I accidentally hit the off button and missed about 20 seconds of the song because someone bumped into me. So apologies in advance.

You and I

Sorry, it's not letting me post the video on this page for some reason.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.