Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Van Halen New Album

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Van Halen New Album

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-12, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 204 Likes on 118 Posts
Re: Van Halen New Album

Dave was certainly the "weak link" when I saw them at the F&F gig at the forum a few weeks ago. I do think he had an especially bad night in Chicago though.
Old 02-28-12, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The MP3 version of this album is 2.99 right now at Google Music.
Old 03-02-12, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Dave sounded weak on Jump and Dance the Night Away when I saw them at the Garden Tuesday night. He also forgot the lyrics to China Town and told the band to jump into the chorus.

I still loved the show though. The band rocked and even Wolfgang was great. Eddie is a magician.

Some photos from my coverage....
'

http://irocktheshot.com/2012/03/phot...n-msg-2-28-12/
Old 03-03-12, 06:38 AM
JAA
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Great shots!
Old 03-03-12, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,300 Likes on 944 Posts

Very nice shots. The last shot of Dave doing the high kick is great and I didn't think he'd be able to kick that high anymore so thanks for catching that.
Old 03-03-12, 12:11 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts

^ Agreed, that's a great shot. Everyone looked great - thanks for sharing
Old 03-19-12, 10:26 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts

I thought this was amusing. Roth interrupts "Pretty Woman" to tell the crowd to stop fighting. Some f-bombs are dropped, so proceed w/ caution.

At about the 5:10 mark.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0wWGo3CWHx4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 03-20-12, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by SoSpacey
Dave sounded weak on Jump and Dance the Night Away when I saw them at the Garden Tuesday night. He also forgot the lyrics to China Town and told the band to jump into the chorus.

I still loved the show though. The band rocked and even Wolfgang was great. Eddie is a magician.

Some photos from my coverage....
'

http://irocktheshot.com/2012/03/phot...n-msg-2-28-12/
Great shots. Dave still looks lost even in stills w/o a mic/stand.

Anyone know what kind of shoes Eddie is wearing?
Old 03-21-12, 12:13 PM

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

How are ticket sales for this tour?
Old 04-01-12, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 241 Likes on 152 Posts

Saw 'em Friday. Age is starting to catch up to DLR. He was a lot less active on stage than he was in 2008. Still sounded good for the most part. Eddie, on the other hand, looked much better than last time around. He doesn't look like a strung out heroin addict, and sounded great. One thing that I found odd was really bad backing vocals on You Really Got Me. Overdriven and really loud in the mix on that one song for some reason.

Lots of empty seats for Kool and the Gang, who actually put on a good show. I had forgotten about half of their hits. Would rather see something like this as opener than some up-and-going-nowhere act.
Old 04-01-12, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 913 Likes on 555 Posts

Seeing them tonight...16th row on the floor of the Allstate Arena.

Just wish I wasn't so damn sick.
Old 04-08-12, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

New album is on sale this week on iTunes for $6.99. I may pick it up at that price.
Old 05-17-12, 06:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts

Well, it was good while it lasted:

Van Halen postpones more than 30 summer tour dates; members may or may not “hate each other”
by Matt Wild May 17, 2012

Just when things were on the up and up for a reunited, David Lee Roth-fronted Van Halen—A Different Kind Of Truth was pretty good, really!—it seems the fun has come to an “Eruption”-accompanied end. According to Rolling Stone, the band has postponed more than 30 tour dates after June 26, including shows in Milwaukee, Detroit, Cleveland, and El Paso. Previously announced shows through June 26 will go on as planned. No explanation for the cancellations has been given, though a “source with knowledge” tells RS that the band members “hate each other,” and that they’re “arguing like mad.” Not getting along and fighting like mad? Not Van Halen!

All of the postponed dates—which are probably the fault of Wolfgang Van Halen, somehow—can be found here.
http://www.avclub.com/milwaukee/arti...r-dates,75319/
Old 05-17-12, 06:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Good, Anaheim isn't postponed. Now to get tickets before they never play again.
Old 05-17-12, 11:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Since the key word here is 'postponed' rather than cancelled, I'll give the guys the benefit of the doubt. On the other hand, like KillerCannibal, I'm glad I have my Anaheim tickets and am looking forward to the show.
Old 05-18-12, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 264 Likes on 192 Posts

Originally Posted by d2cheer
I would be stunned if they are able to complete the whole tour.

Originally Posted by DJLinus
Well, it was good while it lasted:

Van Halen postpones more than 30 summer tour dates; members may or may not “hate each other”
by Matt Wild May 17, 2012

Just when things were on the up and up for a reunited, David Lee Roth-fronted Van Halen—A Different Kind Of Truth was pretty good, really!—it seems the fun has come to an “Eruption”-accompanied end. According to Rolling Stone, the band has postponed more than 30 tour dates after June 26, including shows in Milwaukee, Detroit, Cleveland, and El Paso. Previously announced shows through June 26 will go on as planned. No explanation for the cancellations has been given, though a “source with knowledge” tells RS that the band members “hate each other,” and that they’re “arguing like mad.” Not getting along and fighting like mad? Not Van Halen!
All of the postponed dates—which are probably the fault of Wolfgang Van Halen, somehow—can be found here.

http://www.avclub.com/milwaukee/arti...r-dates,75319/
Although other sources are stating that the band simply just needs a break and a possible Olympics show... many, many rumors at the moment.

Last edited by d2cheer; 05-18-12 at 09:08 AM.
Old 05-18-12, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by d2cheer
Although other sources are stating that the band simply just needs a break and a possible Olympics show... many, many rumors at the moment.
Why would they cancel 30+ shows for a "one off" Olympic show in England (I thought all the bands were British for the Olympics) where they probably have not played in many years.

With this band this is nothing new - damn they (VH and David) hated each other for years why stop now. Who knows and in time we will hear the reason from Sammy
Old 05-18-12, 03:32 PM

According to TMZ.com, VAN HALEN decided to postpone 31 of its previously announced summer concerts because the guys in the band felt like the current schedule was "too much, too fast" and they were "losing their focus." The site quotes a source "close to the band" as saying "They're simply burned out" and adding, "They want to make sure their concerts are not a routine ... they want every performance to be special." The members of the group want to take some time to "recharge their engines" and return to the road with a renewed energy and enthusiasm.

As for rumors that Eddie Van Halen and David Lee Roth are feuding, TMZ.com's source states, "It's total B.S."
Old 05-18-12, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I can buy that. I mean, 3 legs in 6 months has got to be grueling as hell. I was surprised they kept adding so many dates.
Old 05-18-12, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by KillerCannibal
I can buy that. I mean, 3 legs in 6 months has got to be grueling as hell. I was surprised they kept adding so many dates.
I am not them but the tour schedule is not a grinding 5 nights in 7 days traveling in a van tour. They have plenty of breaks, some long, so as not to burn themselves out. Maybe Roths voice is hurting, well it always was . Who knows but the PR person earned their paycheck for the week. Hopefully people will get to see them if the come back. Shame as Eddie has been playing extremely well this tour.
Old 05-18-12, 05:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,076 Likes on 651 Posts

Wonder what kind of options they are going to give for those of us who have already bought tickets. I have tickets to the Birmingham show but might not be able to go depending on when they make the new date.
Old 06-05-12, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

For those that have seen the show, anybody know what time VH has been taking the stage? I have a friend flying in from a business trip in the evening and he's trying to see if he should bother trying to head to the venue right from the airport. Thanks!
Old 06-05-12, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Call Staples and ask them. I'm sure it'll be the same time it was last week.
Old 06-12-12, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Anaheim tonight! I hope Dave doesn't slack too much ass.
Old 06-13-12, 03:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I went to Anaheim and found Dave's vocals to be flat out awful most of the evening. He didn't even try singing some of the lyrics, and I'm not talking about a holding the mic to the audience move. He just deferred to the backing vocals (of Ed and Wolfy), which sounded way better than he did. He sounded nothing like he did on ADKOT or prior. OTOH, Eddie was on fire, so I didn't leave entirely disappointed. Eddie really looked like he was having a ball all evening. Can't understand why the tour is being halted after only 6 more shows unless it's due to the aforementioned Dave issue. All in all, was a decent show, but won't spend money to go see them again.

Last edited by Jack Straw; 06-13-12 at 03:42 AM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.