DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Music Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk-28/)
-   -   New Slash Video Too Raunchy For AirPlay (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/581903-new-slash-video-too-raunchy-airplay.html)

sniper007 11-11-10 10:28 AM

New Slash Video Too Raunchy For AirPlay

Fergie "Beautiful Dangerous"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7tkm3nKmbY

sniper007 11-11-10 10:36 AM

Re: New Slash Video Too Raunchy For AirPlay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7tkm3nKmbY

mndtrp 11-14-10 07:14 PM

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/b7tkm3nKmbY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/b7tkm3nKmbY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

I liked the video, the song isn't too bad.

Groucho 11-14-10 07:42 PM

Too raunchy for air play? What videos are getting "air play", any where? Sounds like manufactured controversy to me.

Dubya 11-14-10 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Groucho (Post 10490657)
Too raunchy for air play? What videos are getting "air play", any where? Sounds like manufactured controversy to me.

:lol: That was the same thing I thought when I saw the thread title. In this day and age the only way to draw attention to a video by someone like Slash is to claim it's "too hot for tv"

Rypro 525 11-15-10 11:42 AM

eh, i can see where mtv might have issues with some of it (they can always blurr the "bad parts"

Ropes Pierre 11-15-10 12:48 PM

Probably too much music, not enough Jersey Shore for MTV.

DRG 11-15-10 03:23 PM

I've said it before and I'll say it again... Fergie's voice is much better suited for this type of music than the pop/hip hop stuff she mainly does. But she's made a fortune off the Black Eyed Peas type hits, so I guess it's working for her.

Still, this song is easily a thousand times better than the new Black Eyed Peas 'song' "The Time". That track is beyond awful and makes "My Humps" seem like a masterpiece. :)

sniper007 11-16-10 02:45 PM

SLASH Says His Wife Suggested FERGIE Tie Him Up In New Video - Nov. 16, 2010
Slash has explained how his wife suggested BLACK EYED PEAS singer Fergie tie him up and straddle him in the video for his new single "Beautiful Dangerous".

In a video interview with NME.com, which you can watch at this location, the guitarist hailed Fergie as "the best female rock singer I've heard in the last 15 years."

Speaking of the video for the song, Slash said: "My wife had told her, 'You should tie him up and do all this stuff'. So she took my wife's word, and the next thing you know I'm tied to the bed."

He added: "It was an interesting time, but it was a lot of fun. She's really great to hang out with... I could think of worse things I could be doing that being tied down and straddled by Fergie."

According to The Pulse of Radio, Slash stated in a recent interview that the "Beautiful Dangerous" video is apparently too steamy for wide public release and will have to be edited. Slash was quoted as saying, "It's very controversial. I thought it was okay but apparently there's a lot of suggestiveness and we're having a rethink." The clip stars Fergie as a crazed fan who stalks Slash and ends up tying him to a bed, kissing him and teasing him with a knife, all while dressed in leather lingerie. Slash said that the sexy BLACK EYED PEAS singer came up with the concept for the video herself.

Fergie sings the track on Slash's debut solo album, which also features guest vocals from artists like Kid Rock, Ozzy Osbourne, Chris Cornell and others.

The ex-GUNS N' ROSES guitarist will hit the road as opening act for OZZY OSBOURNE early next year, beginning on January 16 in Omaha.

Slash is also regrouping with VELVET REVOLVER this fall as that band resumes its search for a lead vocalist. The band's first concert DVD, "Live In Houston", comes out November 16.

Hokeyboy 11-16-10 04:38 PM

Nice tukhas. VERY nice tukhas. For a white girl.

porieux 11-16-10 06:10 PM

AirPlay

paradicelost 11-17-10 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by sniper007 (Post 10494039)
SLASH Says His Wife Suggested FERGIE Tie Him Up In New Video - Nov. 16, 2010
Slash has explained how his wife suggested BLACK EYED PEAS singer Fergie tie him up and straddle him in the video for his new single "Beautiful Dangerous".

In a video interview with NME.com, which you can watch at this location, the guitarist hailed Fergie as "the best female rock singer I've heard in the last 15 years."

Speaking of the video for the song, Slash said: "My wife had told her, 'You should tie him up and do all this stuff'. So she took my wife's word, and the next thing you know I'm tied to the bed."

He added: "It was an interesting time, but it was a lot of fun. She's really great to hang out with... I could think of worse things I could be doing that being tied down and straddled by Fergie."

According to The Pulse of Radio, Slash stated in a recent interview that the "Beautiful Dangerous" video is apparently too steamy for wide public release and will have to be edited. Slash was quoted as saying, "It's very controversial. I thought it was okay but apparently there's a lot of suggestiveness and we're having a rethink." The clip stars Fergie as a crazed fan who stalks Slash and ends up tying him to a bed, kissing him and teasing him with a knife, all while dressed in leather lingerie. Slash said that the sexy BLACK EYED PEAS singer came up with the concept for the video herself.

Fergie sings the track on Slash's debut solo album, which also features guest vocals from artists like Kid Rock, Ozzy Osbourne, Chris Cornell and others.

The ex-GUNS N' ROSES guitarist will hit the road as opening act for OZZY OSBOURNE early next year, beginning on January 16 in Omaha.

Slash is also regrouping with VELVET REVOLVER this fall as that band resumes its search for a lead vocalist. The band's first concert DVD, "Live In Houston", comes out November 16.

Imagine that I would have never thought after seeing that picture of his wife in his book of her with her face in his ass that she would think up something like that(at least i'm pretty sure that was his wife) :)

I.Flores 11-17-10 07:41 PM

So now Slash is going the Santana way?
Interesting.

paradicelost 11-17-10 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by I.Flores (Post 10496627)
So now Slash is going the Santana way?
Interesting.

Well i guess he's respected as a musician by enough people in the industry, and probably has a line of people who would love to work with him. Plus since he's got a couple of young kids now he probably doesn't want to tour as much, and with the right names on the record it pretty much sells itself without having to go out to promote it.