Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Michael Jackson "Michael" December

Old 12-14-10, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Michael Jackson "Michael" December

Originally Posted by big whoppa View Post
Hold My Hand

Often sounds more like an Akon song featuring Michael.
That is because that's what it originally was. The song was supposed to be on Akon's 2007 cd, but the song leaked and the song was dropped from the release.
Old 12-14-10, 07:47 PM

I've never even heard of Akon, the name sounds like its missing a few consonants and a vowel or two. Without Googling his name who is he?
Old 12-14-10, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Fromundacheese View Post
I've never even heard of Akon, the name sounds like its missing a few consonants and a vowel or two. Without Googling his name who is he?
Black guy with an annoying voice who tends to call out his name along with the person he duets with. I believe Akon was accused of doing something with a minor girl.
Old 12-14-10, 08:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Fromundacheese View Post
he had a big hit with Gwen Stefani that he was credited even though he did nothing but go "woo-hoo, wheee-hoo!" in the opening verses
Old 12-14-10, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

And on top of his annoying voice he always uses autotune or whatever it is. Akon basically sounds like a robot, and not a good one.
Old 12-15-10, 03:25 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Akon has been on approximately 4,565,989 hit records in the last decade.

Hold My Hand is the only song I had already, there are some other songs I found that aren't here.

I'm not downloading this, I asked a friend to get it for me for Xmas, they never know what to get.
Old 12-15-10, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

For those who don't know (probably 99% of Jackson fans), "Behind The Mask" is a cover of a Yellow Magic Orchestra song. As a YMO completist, I'm glad that Jackson's cover has finally seen the light of day. Jackson re-arranged the YMO version and added his own chorus and words to be recorded in the mid-'80s by Eric Clapton.

MJ - Behind The Mask (S-Endz 'OG Vibe' Mix) CLIP by s-endz

Last edited by Numanoid; 12-16-10 at 09:04 PM.
Old 12-16-10, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

After listening to the entire cd today on a proper sound system, I have to say there is definantly something strange about the 3 casico tracks. I'm not going to go as far as saying it's not MJ, but there is something "off" about the vocals. The vibrato breaks in a sorta jaggad way, something MJ's voice didn't do. Then again, he was older maybe his voice just changed.
Old 12-17-10, 10:39 AM

I was just looking for some Seahawks tickets on Stubhub and came across this Michael Jackson concert tour.....LINK

It kinda seems folks are cashing in on MJ's death.
Old 12-17-10, 05:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

^ Oh cripes. If there's anything worse than watching a concert by an artist with a million backup dancers, it's watching a fake concert by an artist with a million backup dancers.
Old 12-17-10, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Numanoid View Post
^ Oh cripes. If there's anything worse than watching a concert by an artist with a million backup dancers, it's watching a fake concert by an artist with a million backup dancers.
Its gotta be worse going to a concert where the artist isn't even there.

"Bad @ss man, I just got back from an MJ concert, they played the THriller CD twice!!"

Last edited by Fromundacheese; 12-17-10 at 06:49 PM.
Old 12-17-10, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think it's the same people that are behind the Elvis and Beatles vegas shows. So it's probably just a show designed around MJ's music rather than a "fake" concert. But yeah, it's defiantly a cash in, no doubt.
Old 12-18-10, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by ScissorPuppy View Post
I think it's the same people that are behind the Elvis and Beatles vegas shows. So it's probably just a show designed around MJ's music rather than a "fake" concert. But yeah, it's defiantly a cash in, no doubt.
The same people behind the Elvis and Beatles shows are supposed to be working on a Michael show in Vegas.
Old 12-18-10, 10:34 AM

I bought the 'Michael' cd, that is all the money they will get from me. IMO the best way to pay tribute to the late and great Michael Jackson is by jamming his music with your family and friends in your own home.
Old 08-24-18, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by ScissorPuppy View Post
After listening to the entire cd today on a proper sound system, I have to say there is definantly something strange about the 3 casico tracks. I'm not going to go as far as saying it's not MJ, but there is something "off" about the vocals. The vibrato breaks in a sorta jaggad way, something MJ's voice didn't do. Then again, he was older maybe his voice just changed.
This guy called it.

https://www.vibe.com/2018/08/sony-mu...on-songs?amp=1