Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Looks like Scott Weiland's back on crack - STP Suspen tour after onstage rant

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Old 09-22-10, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Stone Temple Pilots Suspend Tour After Weiland Rant

Scott Weiland delivers 'odd and confusing‚ banter onstage in Houston' and the band immediately delays a dozen scheduled shows1

Sep 22, 2010 9:20 AM EDT

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Tuiw3bBY5pE?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Tuiw3bBY5pE?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Stone Temple Pilots have rescheduled a dozen tour dates so the recently reunited band can "take a short break" before resuming their fall trek in mid-October. No reason was given for the changes, which started with the postponement of last night's gig in El Paso, Texas. But on Sunday in Houston, STP took the stage an hour late, forcing five songs off their usual set list, and frontman Scott Weiland seemed disoriented, opening the show with a long rant and delivering "odd and confusing" banter throughout the night, the Houston Press reports.

Shaky Start to Stone Temple Pilots Tour in Red Rocks

Weiland was apparently slurring as he addressed the crowd on topics ranging from his prior drug problems to his inner ear monitor to the early days of STP. At one point, he admitted that he was drinking again. (One rumored reason for the delayed start - Weiland was still on the flight to Houston as the opening band played.) Earlier in the tour, Weiland faced accusations that he was lip-synching or relying on a backing track, after the audience could hear what sounded like pre-recorded vocals when Weiland fell off the stage in Cincinnati mid-song. the El Paso Times speculates that low tickets sales may have also factored into the decision to reshuffle the tour.
Old 09-22-10, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Re: Looks like Scott Weiland's back on crack - STP Suspen tour after onstage rant

Jackass.
Old 09-22-10, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Looks like Scott Weiland's back on crack - STP Suspen tour after onstage rant

i was at their show just last month and it was one of the best i've been to (and i've been to alot). Weiland sounded excellent (compared to their show I was at in NJ 23 years ago) where he sounded terrible.
Old 09-22-10, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 193 Likes on 132 Posts

Loser.
Old 09-22-10, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

See? Thats the reason why I laugh everytime I hear their new single, when he sings, "When we used to take drugs."

Last edited by Bob_Bobbson; 09-22-10 at 08:44 PM.
Old 09-22-10, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For a period of 2-3 years (in the 90s), STP was my favorite band, and it was always tough being a fan because of all of the Weiland crap. It looks like things haven't changed much.
Old 09-22-10, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

Maybe the lip-sync exposure sent him over the edge.
Old 09-22-10, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts

I don't usually care what artists do with the money I give them, but I decided to stop support Weiland years ago.
Old 09-22-10, 10:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Say what you will, Weiland has no rock star pretensions. If you are around NYC, it isn't hard to find him in alphabet city, split a rock with him and chat.
Old 09-22-10, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 101 Likes on 80 Posts

Got to love cell phone cameras. Remember back when you just had to read about this stuff?
Old 09-22-10, 11:26 PM

I saw him at PNC a few weeks ago and it was a great show, but he was a little wacky during the banter between songs.
Old 09-22-10, 11:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by JZ1276 View Post
i was at their show just last month and it was one of the best i've been to (and i've been to alot). Weiland sounded excellent...
Now we know why!
Old 09-23-10, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

What a tool.
Old 09-23-10, 08:06 PM

Sorry but everyone putting this guy down is forgetting this is what rock and roll is all about. This guy might just be the last real rock star around. All these other guys are appearing on american idol, going to rehab, having families and bringing their kids on tour, etc. Sex DRUGS and rock and roll. Good job Weiland!
Old 09-23-10, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah I'm sure his bandmates are thrilled about him constantly derailing their career.
Old 09-23-10, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by cungar View Post
Yeah I'm sure his bandmates are thrilled about him constantly derailing their career.
Please. They've been one of the most consistent bands in 20 years.
...btw, i didnt hear any rant in that video.
Old 09-24-10, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Sorry but everyone putting this guy down is forgetting this is what rock and roll is all about. This guy might just be the last real rock star around. All these other guys are appearing on american idol, going to rehab, having families and bringing their kids on tour, etc. Sex DRUGS and rock and roll. Good job Weiland!
^^^^^^^

now that Ozzy has been to the White House, Bruce Dickinson is a pilot, Steve Harris has a hot daughter, James Hetfielld kicked his alcoholism, etc etc my childhood has been raped
Old 09-24-10, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 193 Likes on 132 Posts

Yeah, "good job" there. Why doesn't he just OD and be done with it? By your reckoning he should have done himself in over a decade ago. Why that would have been SO rock and roll!
Old 09-24-10, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 129 Likes on 104 Posts

i was at their show just last month and it was one of the best i've been to (and i've been to alot). Weiland sounded excellent (compared to their show I was at in NJ 23 years ago) where he sounded terrible.

was STP around in 1987?
Old 09-24-10, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Deadman31 View Post
was STP around in 1987?
Amazingly, yes

Wikipedia

Years active 1986–2003
2008–present

I would have guessed they started in 1991 when they started ripping off Pearl Jam.
Old 09-24-10, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Amazingly, yes

Wikipedia

Years active 1986–2003
2008–present

I would have guessed they started in 1991 when they started ripping off Pearl Jam.

all the popular seattle grunge bands ripped off other bands. pearl jam and nirvana were just the first ones to get noticed
Old 09-24-10, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Deadman31 View Post
was STP around in 1987?
lol whoops, 3 years ago
Old 04-30-15, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Wow, Scott looks like he's seriously messed up big time again. He's in a stoned stupor singing like a mental patient.

It's almost seems like he has a distant memory of a song he used to sing and he's just remembering a little bit of how it goes.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/x1wUBZBVsZk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 04-30-15, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts

Want a better video?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7HQ_eq6NXFY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Jackets are difficult.

This guy is such a mess...
Old 04-30-15, 01:30 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Wow, Scott looks like he's seriously messed up big time again. He's in a stoned stupor singing like a mental patient.

It's almost seems like he has a distant memory of a song he used to sing and he's just remembering a little bit of how it goes.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/x1wUBZBVsZk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
The way he's staring at a single spot the whole time makes it look like he's reading the lyrics off a karaoke machine.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.