Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

the band Bush is back together

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Old 09-19-10, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I only just realized a few days ago the band Bush is together. They're without the guitarist and bass player though which kind of sucks because Nigel Pulsford was a good player. I expect to get a ton of negative replies (the usual stuff about how they're a has been nirvana ripoff band etc. which has been said since like 1994) but I've always dug some of the stuff this band did especially the sixteen stone album. The later albums were weaker but there was still some good songs there. I saw them in 02 in NY, it's too bad they're not playing anywhere near here now. I heard their new track Afterlife, but I wasn't too impressed.
Old 09-19-10, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: the band Bush is back together

16 stone was one of my favorite albums from that era, razorblade was alright. This isn't really getting back together though. So what is it, Gavin and the drummer and new guys? Bush is one of my favorite from the 90s but I didnt even bother downloading the Gavin solo stuff. Not really anticipating this. Similar to STP, was a huge fan of theirs but havent even listened to the new album yet. I saw Bush in concert on the 2nd round of their first american tour, circa 95-96 with the goo goo dolls opening for them.
Old 09-19-10, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Jacoby Ellsbury
16 stone was one of my favorite albums from that era, razorblade was alright. This isn't really getting back together though. So what is it, Gavin and the drummer and new guys? Bush is one of my favorite from the 90s but I didnt even bother downloading the Gavin solo stuff. Not really anticipating this. Similar to STP, was a huge fan of theirs but havent even listened to the new album yet. I saw Bush in concert on the 2nd round of their first american tour, circa 95-96 with the goo goo dolls opening for them.
yes same drummer, new bassist, Chris Traynor is the guitarist- he played with them before when Nigel Pulsford left in 01. I don't think the new album is out yet but it doesn't look like it will be that good by the one song I heard so far. I would still check them out if they had a show around this area but they don't.

Bush 2010 Concert Dates:

09-25-10 and 09-26-10 – (Saturday and Sunday) – Epicenter 2010 – Auto Club Speedway – Fontana, CA – Info

10-14-10 – (Thursday) – The Ritz Ybor – Ybor City, FL – Info

10-15-10 and 10-16-10 – (Friday and Saturday) – De Luna Fest – Pensacola Beach, FL – Info

10-22-10 – (Friday) – Palladium Ballroom – Dallas, TX – Info

10-23-10 – (Saturday) – Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion – Spring, TX - Info

10-24-10 – (Sunday) – KFMA Fall Ball – Pima County Fairgrounds – Tucson, AZ – Info

here's the song

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wE4awfMTBW0?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wE4awfMTBW0?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Last edited by statcat; 09-19-10 at 05:15 PM.
Old 09-19-10, 07:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I saw Gavin Rossdale on the marquee of a dive bar in Hermosa Beach a few months ago. Let's just say his career needs a boost.
Old 09-19-10, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by cungar
I saw Gavin Rossdale on the marquee of a dive bar in Hermosa Beach a few months ago. Let's just say his career needs a boost.
well I'm sure he's ok financially if he lives off Stefani's money
Old 09-19-10, 11:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I always liked them. I think I'll try and check them out in Ybor.
Old 09-20-10, 12:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I assumed that Rosdale's solo career did well. I heard that one song all over the place, the "this could last forever" song. Tv, Radio, trailers seemed to be everywhere.
Old 09-20-10, 03:38 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

But this does not explain why they had to return the Heisman trophy
Old 09-20-10, 08:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jacoby Ellsbury
I saw Bush in concert on the 2nd round of their first american tour, circa 95-96 with the goo goo dolls opening for them.
That was one of my first big concerts. Some little ska band No Doubt opened too, I wonder if they ever caught on?
Old 09-25-14, 07:09 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 130 Likes on 95 Posts

Figured I'd bump this as they have a new single making the rounds and a new album out next month. The single is pretty good, hopefully the album follows form.

Also, with Gwen on The Voice this season I'm fully expecting Bush to make an appearance.