Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Cee-Lo Green Is the Lady Killer - October (w/ awesome new single "F*** You")

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Old 08-21-10, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

This should have come out at the beginning of the summer! Good stuff!!

Fuck You:

Official video should be out next week. Album in October.

It will also include "Georgia" and a cover of Band of Horses "No One's Gonna Love You".
Old 08-21-10, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Cee-Lo Green Is the Lady Killer - October (w/ awesome new single "F*** You")

That song is awesome, I will be picking up the cd just for that song.
Old 08-21-10, 10:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Cee-Lo Green Is the Lady Killer - October (w/ awesome new single "F*** You")

I have to admit, the song is catchy.

I'm a little confused by the lyrics though. He's pissed off at the guy who's with his girl since the "Fuck You" was mostly directed at him... even though the chick is a gold-digger and left for a richer guy and causing him pain?
Old 08-22-10, 08:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Damn good song.
Old 08-22-10, 09:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

that's awesome!
Old 08-22-10, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Clean Version at 52:00

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...on_21_08_2010/

Instead of Fuck you..it's Forget you
Old 08-26-10, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I have been listening to this song nonstop for 3 days. Awesome stuff. I actually paid money for it from Ceelo Green's website, which is a rarity these days for new music.
Old 08-26-10, 07:41 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Love Cee-Lo!
Old 08-26-10, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Very much looking forward to the new album. That song is great, as is this one by the man, which I'm hoping will be on the record, too....

..I heard it at work the other day, and had to track down who did it. Was surprised, pleasantly, when I found out it was Cee-Lo.
Old 09-01-10, 12:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Coral View Post
I have to admit, the song is catchy.

I'm a little confused by the lyrics though. He's pissed off at the guy who's with his girl since the "Fuck You" was mostly directed at him... even though the chick is a gold-digger and left for a richer guy and causing him pain?
Well he's jealous that the guy could afford her, so he says fuck you. And then he tacks on the fuck her too, because she is a golddigger anyway.
Old 09-01-10, 01:08 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I must admit, i didn't have high hopes when I hit play, but that was fucking awesome. Seriously.
Old 09-01-10, 06:07 AM

Modern R&B is not really my thing, but this had a good 70's Marvin Gaye vibe going one and I love that stuff. Really great song!
Old 09-01-10, 06:07 AM

Plus, I love Rev Rollo Goodlove.
Old 09-01-10, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by zombeaner View Post
Modern R&B is not really my thing, but this had a good 70's Marvin Gaye vibe going one and I love that stuff. Really great song!
You gotta check out his stuff with Danger Mouse, then. St. Elsewhere in incredible, IMO.

I'm also glad to see this get a release date. "Georgia" is incredible!
Old 09-01-10, 03:48 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

great track. it's like retro and modern all in the same breath. i also have a soft spot for his "Kung Fu Fighting" that he did with Jack Black for Kung Fu Panda.
Old 09-01-10, 05:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

God damn I can't get enough of that song. I'm gonna run it into the ground harder than "Crazy." Definitely should have come out at the beginning of summer though.
Old 09-01-10, 06:43 PM
Banned

Old 09-01-10, 07:21 PM

I kinda like the lyrics video better, though this one is all right. That break down at the end gets me every time.
Old 09-01-10, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by zombeaner View Post
I kinda like the lyrics video better, though this one is all right. That break down at the end gets me every time.
Me too but this has crossover potential. Reminds me of the Hey Ya video even though the content has no similarities.

In regards to the language, I think this pitchfork reviewer said it best:

"...coming from Cee-Lo's mouth, the title phrase actually isn't illicit at all. It's beyond happy. Cathartic. It could be the new "Sesame Street" theme. It could play at a wedding, and your grandmother would hobble to it. It's post-censorship. The radio version replaces "fuck" with "forget," and it may as well not exist."
Old 09-01-10, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Rocketdog2000 View Post
Very much looking forward to the new album. That song is great, as is this one by the man, which I'm hoping will be on the record, too....

..I heard it at work the other day, and had to track down who did it. Was surprised, pleasantly, when I found out it was Cee-Lo.
Refreshing to see a rock star that's not concerned with vanity.
Old 09-01-10, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by glassdragon View Post
I must admit, i didn't have high hopes when I hit play, but that was fucking awesome. Seriously.
Same for me. I saw someone on my Facebook wall post it earlier this evening. I knew of this thread so I figured I'd check it out. Really good stuff.
Old 09-01-10, 11:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I like the lyrics one better also, but I am seriously going to buy this the second I can... And I usually listen to shit like disturbed and avenged sevenfold lol.. That is pretty impressive.

Nvm, i just bought it on amazon lol

Last edited by glassdragon; 09-02-10 at 12:01 AM.
Old 09-02-10, 12:30 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

oh man, i just heard the sanitized version on the radio..."Forget You". he must have recorded the alternate because it wasn't dubbed or bleeped. it was all Forget You, Fo Fo Forget Youuuuu. all the shits were just shhhhhh. terrible.
Old 09-02-10, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Rap Radar now says it's due out on Dec. 7. This made me go back and watch the video for "Hey Ya", and now I want some new music from Andre 3000 to go along with new Cee-Lo.

http://rapradar.com/2010/08/26/cee-l...-release-date/
Old 09-02-10, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

December 7th! Geez, that's a helluva wait for an album that has a lot of good buzz right now. Guess they're pushing the single sales.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.