Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Need Help Identifying Music Video

Old 07-19-10, 01:56 PM

Need Help Identifying Music Video

I was wondering if anyone out there could help me name the artist/song for a certain music video. I've seen this video many times back in 1999/2000 on a program called LOUD on MuchMusic, and for the life of me I can't remember the band or song title. I'll describe it below.

-If I recall, they are European (German, I think).

-The song would be classified as "Screamo".

-Geeky looking band (I think 4 skinny guys) performing in a green-tinted warehouse.

-At the beginning of the video, the guys are dressed up in bunny costumes and are running down a hallway.

-There is a part of the video where the guys are in a control-room and are messing around with the equipment. They were also wearing some form of clear radioactive/biohazard outfits in a few of the scenes.

-There is a portion where the band stops playing the song and walks off stage in the warehouse. A few seconds later they return dressed up in monster masks and start destroying their musical instruments.

-The lead singer was tied up in cable and hanging upside-down for a short while.

-At the end of the video/song, the lead singer keeps screaming some three-syllable line (I don't know what he's screaming but it sounds like "F*** You B**ch" or "Thank You something"). I know at the end he just says "Thank you" and the video ends.

That's all I can tell you about the music video. Thanks.
Old 07-19-10, 08:09 PM

Re: Need Help Identifying Music Video

Pretty sure that would be New Noise from Refused off of The Shape of Punk to Come.
Old 07-19-10, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by so it goes View Post
Pretty sure that would be New Noise from Refused off of The Shape of Punk to Come.
Yep.

Originally Posted by Vlyger View Post
-At the end of the video/song, the lead singer keeps screaming some three-syllable line (I don't know what he's screaming but it sounds like "F*** You B**ch" or "Thank You something"). I know at the end he just says "Thank you" and the video ends.
Dennis Lyxzn is screaming, "The new beat!"
Old 07-20-10, 05:50 PM

Great!!!!! Thanks a lot to both of you guys. That's the one. It has been a decade since I've last seen this video and it had me mind-boggled for the past couple weeks trying to figure out the name of the band and song.

One more thing I discovered: Refused is actually from Sweden, not Germany as I thought before. I knew they were from somewhere in Europe, though.

Last edited by Vlyger; 07-20-10 at 06:03 PM.
Old 07-20-10, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Cool. I totally remembered that by your description but also had no idea who it was. MTV2 used to play that video like once an hour in 1999 or so.
Old 07-21-10, 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by Numanoid View Post
Cool. I totally remembered that by your description but also had no idea who it was. MTV2 used to play that video like once an hour in 1999 or so.
Yeah, I'm not into the Screamo genre but I thought the song and video for Refused's "New Noise" was pretty cool and unique. My cable company didn't carry MTV2 at the time but they did carry MuchMusic. It was nice to watch a foreign (north-of-the-border) alternative to MTV (cable company replaced Canadian MuchMusic with MuchMusicUSA in 2002, which in turn became Fuse). The thing I liked about MuchMusic back then was that it showcased a lot of musical acts that MTV (or any other U.S. music station for that matter) didn't have the balls to air. Now with the World Wide Web, you can watch virtually any music video you want, even the most obscure.