Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Bruce Springsteen Concert Film Debuts to Benefit Melanoma

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-10, 10:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I was tasked with the responsibility of explaining the true definition of a rock star to the disenfranchised youths, I have a fair guess at how I’d start out the lecture:

“Any rock singer who is equipped with the rare ability to reach through the canvas of a movie screen, in a performance taped months prior, and touch an audience, to rise them from the conformity of their foamed-cushioned seats in a damp, dark theater, to make them dance and shout without hesitation, nothing short of ‘rock star’ would you dare call that performer.”

London Calling: Live in Hyde Park is the new concert film by Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, recorded last summer at the Hard Rock Calling Festival in London. Its two-week limited engagement concludes this Friday at Beach Theatre in St. Pete Beach. Any chance to see New Jersey’s most successful bar band is a treat in itself, but to catch the legendary band on the big screen for a great cause provided a rare opportunity to dance down E Street.
[After the jump, uncover Creative Loafing's review of the film, as well as further details about showings in your area…]