Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Judas Priest Metalogy Box Set & DVD May 11, 2004

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Old 04-15-10, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 60 Likes on 56 Posts

Ok it is funny putting the date on something that came out 6 years ago but it might help in the search archives for future discussion.

Is this set worth the money with just a partial sample of all their songs & the DVD of the 1982 Screaming For Vengeance tour in Memphis, TN?

I remember I saw this back at Ozzfest 2004 in Mountain View but they probably jack up the prices at live shows so I did not bother.

Will they ever release a complete box set with all of their albums and recordings?

Old 04-15-10, 09:08 AM

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Re: Judas Priest Metalogy Box Set & DVD May 11, 2004

If you don't have any of their albums it's worth getting. The only reason that I originally got it was because the dvd that's included was originally exclusive to it. I have considered now that the dvd is available separately trying to find it for cheap and selling off the boxset, since it's only songs from the albums and no unreleased stuff.
Old 04-15-10, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are a few live songs that are different than the versions on the live albums.
Old 04-15-10, 07:33 PM
Banned by request

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you don't have any of their albums on CD, I'd recommend instead getting Sad Wings of Destiny, Sin After Sin, Stained Class, Hell Bent For Leather, and British Steel before that box set.
Old 04-16-10, 06:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought that set was well worth the purchase and the dvd is nothing short of awesome. For me, that was really where they peaked. The Defenders of the Faith album was phenomenal also, but Screaming for Vengeance was one of the albums that got me into metal in the first place.