DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Music Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk-28/)
-   -   DR. DRE: "Detox" (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/571995-dr-dre-detox.html)

gerrythedon 04-07-10 01:10 PM

DR. DRE: "Detox"

Dr. Dre says Jay-Z Single Could Be Out In Two Weeks

During an interview with CNBC to promote his Beats by Dr. Dre headphones, Dr. Dre revealed the recently announced single with Jay-Z, "Under Pressure," will be released in the next few weeks.

interview:
http://www.billboard.com/#/news/dr-d...04080880.story

The rapper/producer also confirmed the date for his long-awaited "Detox" album during the clip, stating, "I'm definitely putting an album out this year, finally, and I think everyone will be happy with it. I'm trying to finish this record, finally get it done and get it our and start promoting it."

The Black 04-07-10 01:37 PM

Re: DR. DRE: "Detox"

Originally Posted by gerrythedon (Post 10093006)
Could

auto 04-07-10 01:45 PM

Really, he mentioned this while he was promoting (again) his headphones. No way!

DVD Josh 04-07-10 03:51 PM

I already preordered this and Duke Nukem Forever on amazon!

dsa_shea 04-08-10 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by DVD Josh (Post 10093250)
I already preordered this and Duke Nukem Forever on amazon!

You'll be waiting Forever. :)

DonnachaOne 04-08-10 01:27 AM

"Under Presure", eh? Given Dre's respect of David Bowie (didn't he cover "Fame"?), I wonder how that'll sound.

Couldn't be better than Jedward's song, anyway.

gerrythedon 04-09-10 12:59 PM

Dr. Dre, Snoop, Game and … Ice Cube in the studio

What up fam,
I met Dr. Dre in the studio last night. When I got there Snoop was in the booth laying the finishing touches on another classic from the dynamic duo. He played me some tracks set for the up and coming Detox record and we talked about me jumping on board the project. Of course I talked about him doing shit on my record and he said he’d bless the album. The Game came through ready to spit but Dre just wanted every to vibe. It felt like old times when me and Dre would work on shit in Eazy’s cold ass garage.

He asked me did I diss him during the Paid Dues Show last Saturday. I did one of my new songs called “Drink The Kool-Aid” which got everybody thinking I’m dissing the whole industry…lol “You internet roaches…” I told Dre that I’d never diss the man that got me started.

No disses. Just style and grace. On another note, I rocked the fuck outta Paid Dues. I had my son Doughboy get down wit me while WC and Crazy Toones rocked France. I think people enjoyed the show. 20 years of West Coast hip-hop presented in 60mins. It was amazing. I can’t wait to put the new show together with all my new songs. I also dropped the single “I REP THAT WEST” on’em. They loved the new shit. The single and the video will premiere and be avaliable right here on icecube.com May26th.

My ***** Sir Jinx laced my wit a dope ass track. I’mma do it wit Jayo Felony and WC. This record is coming together like sweaty ass cheeks…
No Q & A this time ya’ll. I’m in a hurry. I’ll answer all questions next time.
Keep It Gangsta
Cube
(www.IceCube.com)

Michael T Hudson 04-09-10 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by gerrythedon (Post 10096647)
Dr. Dre, Snoop, Game and … Ice Cube in the studio

What up fam,
I met Dr. Dre in the studio last night. When I got there Snoop was in the booth laying the finishing touches on another classic from the dynamic duo. He played me some tracks set for the up and coming Detox record and we talked about me jumping on board the project. Of course I talked about him doing shit on my record and he said he’d bless the album. The Game came through ready to spit but Dre just wanted every to vibe. It felt like old times when me and Dre would work on shit in Eazy’s cold ass garage.

He asked me did I diss him during the Paid Dues Show last Saturday. I did one of my new songs called “Drink The Kool-Aid” which got everybody thinking I’m dissing the whole industry…lol “You internet roaches…” I told Dre that I’d never diss the man that got me started.

No disses. Just style and grace. On another note, I rocked the fuck outta Paid Dues. I had my son Doughboy get down wit me while WC and Crazy Toones rocked France. I think people enjoyed the show. 20 years of West Coast hip-hop presented in 60mins. It was amazing. I can’t wait to put the new show together with all my new songs. I also dropped the single “I REP THAT WEST” on’em. They loved the new shit. The single and the video will premiere and be avaliable right here on icecube.com May26th.

My ***** Sir Jinx laced my wit a dope ass track. I’mma do it wit Jayo Felony and WC. This record is coming together like sweaty ass cheeks…
No Q & A this time ya’ll. I’m in a hurry. I’ll answer all questions next time.
Keep It Gangsta
Cube
(www.IceCube.com)

Keep It Gansta

:lol:

Burn Hollywood Burn.

Throwing Copper 06-13-10 03:00 PM

So does anybody actually think we'll have "Detox" by the fourth quarter of this year?

Tarantino 06-13-10 07:33 PM

No.

Deadman31 06-14-10 07:55 AM

Ice Cube named his son Doughboy? :)

dsa_shea 06-14-10 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by Throwing Copper (Post 10209537)
So does anybody actually think we'll have "Detox" by the fourth quarter of 2020?

Maybe

brayzie 06-17-10 11:22 PM

The first single "Under Pressure" by Dre and Jay-Z just leaked. Youtube it to listen.

Crooked I rapped over the instrumental already. I think it's way better than the actual single.

Dre says it's still not finished though. So maybe this will come out in 2013.

The Black 06-18-10 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by Throwing Copper (Post 10209537)
So does anybody actually think we'll have "Detox" by the fourth quarter of this year?

Originally Posted by The Black (Post 10093048)
Could.

RUN-DvdMC 06-18-10 03:22 PM

Just heard it. Not bad, but in my opinion not fire like his old stuff.

Damone 06-18-10 09:06 PM

Just heard "Under Pressure". Not as good as i'd hoped (I know it's "not finished" but if that's even supposed to be a slight representation of the finished product, I'll be disappointed) I'm a huge fan of the 2 Chronics, I hope Detox isn't another Chinese Democracy....it's been in the oven so long it's gonna get dried out and overcooked.

dsa_shea 06-18-10 11:26 PM

Sounds like he needs to rename this album to Skunk Weed and be done with it. Too many years in the oven and too much effort to outdo himself will likely turn out a shitty product.

brayzie 06-19-10 12:44 AM

I think it's crazy that him and Jimmy Iovine were at some ball game a month or two ago talking about "Under Pressure in 2 weeks!!"

Months later it finally leaks and Dre says it's STILL not finished??? He's not even producing it, Scott Storch did.

It's a cool beat, but after a decade...damn, I can't see how this dude takes so damn long for what he comes up with.

Rick Ross has a really good producer and he's on like album 3 already in the last few years.

Did anyone listen to the Crooked I version?

boogieman03 06-19-10 12:52 AM

Damn. Seems they've removed them.

My Other Self 06-20-10 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by brayzie (Post 10221246)
Rick Ross has a really good producer and he's on like album 3 already in the last few years.

Yeah but he's only had one or two decent songs. Good production means nothing. His fourth album is coming out in July.

Quantity never means anything over quality and that guy sure doesn't have either.

Did anyone listen to the Crooked I version?
Well it's not Crooked I's "version", he just did a freestyle over the beat. It was a generic freestyle to generate buzz for his new album. Nothing special.

The Black 06-21-10 08:19 AM

Not very special if you ask me.
Sure some innovative sounds, but still the rest is just too boring.

boogieman03 06-21-10 09:42 AM

I liked it.

gerrythedon 06-27-10 02:54 PM

Dr. Dre talks “Under Pressure” and Detox

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XvuOD2AQX5M&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XvuOD2AQX5M&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

dsa_shea 06-27-10 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by gerrythedon (Post 10235418)
Dr. Dre talks “Under Pressure” and Detox

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XvuOD2AQX5M&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XvuOD2AQX5M&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Dre's age is catching up with his ass.

My Other Self 06-27-10 11:27 PM

I've been noticing Dre on TMZ and in interviews lately has a very weathered look. Cube and Snoop have aged gracefully but I think between losing his son and everything else he has going on has really taken a toll.

Hopefully we'll see a finished product this year.