Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Lady Gaga & Beyonce's "Telephone" Video 2.0

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Lady Gaga & Beyonce's "Telephone" Video 2.0

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-10, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Lady Gaga & Beyonce's "Telephone" Video 2.0

Originally Posted by spammied
I went on the Phx, US Airways Center site, and the show isn't even listed. I'd like to find out when the tix are going on sale, how do I do that if its not even on the arena site?
keep checking ticketmaster. a few of the east coast dates are in the pre order stages.

oh and tickets it looks like are going to be around 175 for the floor/lower level seats, prob about 100 for the middle, and 40 for nosebleeds
Old 03-16-10, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't get the hatred people have for her. It reminds me of Madonna.

In terms of being a US "pop star", it's been ages since the pop charts have had someone as exciting as her. Like someone before me pointed out, she's Britney with actual vision and talent. True if you thumb your nose at anything mainstream or danceable you're not going to find much here. But after 25 years of "new Madonna's" who were labeled as such because they were blonde or had a hit record, she is the first one to come along that actually is similar to Madonna back in her heyday and actually has potential of lasting beyond two albums (okay, in 1999 I fully did expect Britney to be doing Playboy by this point, but while she sells albums and has hits, artistically she has yet to evolve beyond her debut album, it's still the same cheesy dance-pop hooky songs that she didn't write).
Old 03-16-10, 05:19 PM
Political Exile

Received 481 Likes on 317 Posts

The Chicago shows were a bit of a mess, they cancelled the shows in Chicago Theater at the last minute to move them to the Rosemont Theater (which was only slightly bigger, but apparently accomodated her stage better). They only gave 2 days notice (on Dec 27th!) to go back to Ticketmaster to a special preorder for the new show. I had pretty good seats for the Chicago show, but ended up with slightly worse seats for the Rosemont show even though I was able hit the site exactly when they became available. Luckily the theater was small enough, that it was still pretty close to the stage, and tickets were only $60 with the fees.
Old 03-17-10, 12:07 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I have to admit, this song is catchy and the video is fun to watch ... but the Pomplamoose cover that was posted earlier is absolutely fantastic. So much great stuff on their Youtube channel!
Old 03-17-10, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 228 Likes on 145 Posts

Interesting video I guess. ... is there a short version yet? I'd like to see how they can chop that down to 3.5 minutes and still have it make any sense.
Old 03-17-10, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

^granted not 24 hours non stop, but Fuse is your best option for videos.
Old 03-17-10, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 228 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by Lemmy
The difference being that I might enjoy Gaga's stuff if I listened to the radio (I usually don't). Another difference? I might like her more if MTV played more music vids.....and they don't. So she doen't get nearly (not even remotely close) the exposure to someone that Madonna had received to someone like myself.
You need to hang out in gay bars more often I've bombarded by her videos whenever I'm there. And just when I was starting to get tired of the "bad romance" video, they started playing the "i just shit my pants" parody video, which I'm totally in love with now.

Which reminds me ... anyone who has been inundated with the bad romance video as much as I have, might find this interesting ...

Apparently there are a ton of occult and illumati references in the video
http://vigilantcitizen.com/?p=2737
yeah, kind of crack-potty, but still a little fascinating

Last edited by joeblow69; 03-17-10 at 02:16 PM.
Old 03-17-10, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by joeblow69
You need to hang out in gay bars more often I've bombarded by her videos whenever I'm there. And just when I was starting to get tired of the "bad romance" video, they started playing the "i just shit my pants" parody video, which I'm totally in love with now.

Which reminds me ... anyone who has been inundated with the bad romance video as much as I have, might find this interesting ...

Apparently there are a ton of occult and illumati references in the video
http://vigilantcitizen.com/?p=2737
yeah, kind of crack-potty, but still a little fascinating
I agree with this. Gaga is easily the biggest gay icon to emerge in at least 15 years. You can't go on any message board with a large gay posting ratio without being bombarded with Gaga this, Gaga that. On a Madonna board I go to, her popularity amongst gays has kinda even lead to pro-Gaga anti-Gaga cliques, the anti ones usually being older Madonna fans who are disgusted that younger gays can even consider Gaga in the same league.
Old 03-17-10, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wondering what and when a "part 2" will arrive.
Old 03-17-10, 11:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Fox News, Megan Kelly and some chick named Sandy Rios lose their shit over the 'telephone' video
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Kud17cXaajo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Kud17cXaajo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
Old 03-18-10, 12:51 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WMAangel
Awesome! Thanks for your so informative .....
Next time, be sure to tell us who your favorite artists and bands are, so we can go into those threads and tell you there how much we hate them!
Sorry for the comment. I guess I should have explained that she freaks me out with her record-exec inspired get-up, and the song for this music video just sounded awful to me when I listened to it a few days ago to see if I would like it any.
Old 03-18-10, 12:59 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rypro 525
Fox News, Megan Kelly and some chick named Sandy Rios lose their shit over the 'telephone' video
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Kud17cXaajo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Kud17cXaajo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
OK, this is just sad. 'Should the Video be Banned'? That's ridiculous.
Old 03-18-10, 01:21 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,802 Likes on 1,125 Posts

It would be cool to see a video like this in the theater before a film.
Old 03-18-10, 01:33 AM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

When I was in film school, we would do screenings every weekend that any of the students could watch. Before every movie was a short. Sometimes it was a Looney Tunes, sometimes an old news reel, sometimes a regular short film, and sometimes a music video. It was awesome to see some classic music videos on the big screen, the highlight being Peter Gabriel's "Sledgehammer."
Old 03-18-10, 04:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is interesting that no one here is shocked any more by 2 women kissing (the prison scene) or Gaga seductively biting into Beyonce's pastry. We as a culture seem to be desensitized to lesbianism.
Old 03-18-10, 05:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by big whoppa
It is interesting that no one here is shocked any more by 2 women kissing (the prison scene) or Gaga seductively biting into Beyonce's pastry. We as a culture seem to be desensitized to lesbianism.
Parts of me are very sensitive to lesbians.
Old 03-18-10, 07:43 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Great publicity for the video right now. Uptight parents see that "report" and tell their kids they aren't allowed to buy Lady Gaga CD's -- and that makes the kids want to listen to them any more. Gaga should pay Fox News royalties.

My favorite part was when the old lady claimed that anybody who watches this is a "sexual predator".

I'd like to see Megan Kelly in one of the outfits from that video.
Old 03-18-10, 08:53 AM

that news report reminds me of when Tipper Gore started up with similar opinions, back in the day
Old 03-18-10, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by big whoppa
come on you know the drill by now, 2 women kissing and doing their thing= hot, 2 men kissing and doing their thing= automatic outrage
Old 03-18-10, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Homophobic bitches.

You know they're picking on her because they know that Gaga is 100 times as popular in the gay community than their precious Palin is. Fox News attacks anything remotely gay-friendly, just look at how O'Reilly ripped on Adam Lambert. And of course the way they instantly took up for Carrie Prejean and now that wench who said gays should be put to death because both of them said what everyone there thinks.

I wouldn't be surprised if behind the scenes, they have "Anita Bryant drag karaoke" nights
Old 03-18-10, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

These hags are upset because the video turned them on and they fiddled with each other afterwards.
Old 03-18-10, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Fist of Doom
Parts of me are very sensitive to lesbians.

Old 03-18-10, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by nothingfails
I wouldn't be surprised if behind the scenes, they have "Anita Bryant drag karaoke" nights
Old 03-18-10, 05:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by nothingfails
Homophobic bitches.

You know they're picking on her because they know that Gaga is 100 times as popular in the gay community than their precious Palin is. Fox News attacks anything remotely gay-friendly, just look at how O'Reilly ripped on Adam Lambert. And of course the way they instantly took up for Carrie Prejean and now that wench who said gays should be put to death because both of them said what everyone there thinks.
:
i mentioned this in the grammy thread, but its still kind of eye rolling/funny. unfortunatly i can't find the full clip which had O'reilly saying the "patriot" was the Zac Brown Band for their rendition of 'god bless the usa'

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bLF-PefU4GM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bLF-PefU4GM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
Old 03-18-10, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Ugh. That was awful.

That has to be the least sexy "sexy video" I've ever seen.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.