DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Music Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk-28/)
-   -   Iron Maiden - new album and tour (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/570355-iron-maiden-new-album-tour.html)

cdollaz 03-04-10 02:14 PM

Iron Maiden - new album and tour

http://www.ironmaiden.com/

IRON MAIDEN ANNOUNCE NEW STUDIO ALBUM "THE FINAL FRONTIER"
AND NORTH AMERICAN TOUR

IRON MAIDEN are pleased to announce that their forthcoming new studio album will be called 'THE FINAL FRONTIER', and is expected be released late summer of this year.

The announcement comes with news of a North American Tour with Very Special Guests Dream Theater to open in Dallas, Texas, on 9th June and finish in Washington D.C. on 20th July, making it Maiden's most extensive North American tour in many years.

Following these shows in USA and Canada The Final Frontier World Tour will travel back to Europe for a few selected major festival and stadium shows with the band planning to continue to many other countries in 2011 (full currently confirmed dates below).

The full Live Nation North America press release for the North American Tour is posted here.

An exclusive pre-sale allowing members of the IRON MAIDEN fan club first access to tickets to the North American Maiden Shows will be made available two days prior to them being available to the public.

Tickets for the Canadian shows will go on sale to the public on Saturday 13th March at 10am PST (10am EST for Toronto and 12 noon EST Montreal).
Exclusive first access to the tickets will be available to IM fan club members on Wednesday 10th March at 10am PST through to Thursday 11th March at 6pm PST (EST for Toronto).
Regretfully due to technical reasons an exclusive Pre-Sale in Montreal is not possible.

Tickets for the US Shows will go on sale to the public on Saturday 20th March at 10am EST.
Exclusive first access to the tickets will be available to IM fan club members on Wednesday 17th March at 10am EST through to Thursday 18th March at 6pm EST

As IRON MAIDEN are actively dedicated to ensuring their fans always have access to the best possible tickets at the fairest possible price, without being subject to scalping for good seats, so many North American shows will operate, at least in part, a paperless ticket policy: More information on Ticketmaster Paperless Ticketing can be found here

To give IRON MAIDEN fan club members a privileged insight to their touring world, IMTV will return to www.ironmaiden.com to cover THE FINAL FRONTIER WORLD TOUR. This exclusive footage includes regular video from the live shows, touring, band interviews, insights into our crew and what they do and much much more. The website will also feature exclusive tour diaries, exclusive photographs and anything else that helps the fans get a real insight into the dynamics of a big tour.

WMAangel 03-04-10 02:23 PM

Re: Iron Maiden - new album and tour

Whooo hooo!!! :rock2::rock::rock2:

I can't wait to hear the new album, and I'll definitely hit up that July 20 final tour stop (which is technically not in DC, but many miles away in Bristow, VA at Nissan Pavilion which I REFUSE to call "Jiffy Lube Live" since that is a ridiculous name for a venue)....

Snowmaker 03-04-10 03:15 PM

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/new...mer-21029.aspx

MAR 04.10
Dream Theater To Tour With Iron Maiden

This Summer Prog rock/metal icons Dream Theater will spend their summer supporting Iron Maiden on the band’s month-long tour of major US and Canadian markets. The tour launches on June 9 and runs through July 20, and includes a stop at the storied Madison Square Garden in NYC, marking the first time in a lengthy and respected career that Dream Theater have played the world’s most famous arena. This tour will mark another milestone in Dream Theater’s history, which continues to expand and evolve twenty-five years deep.

Of touring with Iron Maiden in North America, drummer Mike Portnoy said, “It is a bit of a dream come true for us. After 25 years together, at this stage in our career, there's honestly only three bands Dream Theater would consider opening for and Maiden is one of them. It is an absolute honor. Through the years, we've done many one-off shows with Maiden and they've almost all been overseas. It is very exciting to finally be doing a full tour with them and on our side of the pond no less. These are gonna be amazing shows that the fans won't want to miss. Up the f***ing irons!”

Playing MSG for the first time is also a huge accomplishment for the band and they are thrilled about the prospect. “Dream Theater has achieved so many dreams through the years, from playing the Budokan in Tokyo to Wembley Arena in London to Radio City Music Hall in NYC,” Portnoy recalled. “But the one remaining dream that has eluded us through all of these years was to play at Madison Square Garden. Well, on July 12, along with Iron Maiden, that dream will finally be fulfilled.”

Guitarist John Petrucci was equally stoked about the MSG play, saying, “I am unbelievably excited to be finally playing Madison Square Garden, and with the almighty Maiden to boot! They have been heroes to the band since the beginning and are iconic in our eyes. There is nothing like achieving success and recognition in your own country, in your own city. It's going to be an incredible night for sure.”

Portnoy has proof of this career-long dream, saying, “About a month ago my family and I were watching a video of my first band Intruder from back in 1983, and in the video before the show, I was interviewed and asked what my dream goal was. I responded ‘to play the Garden.’It took almost 30 years, but it’s surreal that I will now be able to check it off the list.”

Dream Theater’s Black Clouds & Silver Linings was released in 2009 and debuted at #6 on the Billboard Top 200 Sales chart.

Tour dates for the Iron Maiden/Dream Theater run are as follows:

June 9 – Superpages.com Center – Dallas, TX

June 11 -The Woodlands - Houston, TX

June 12 - AT&T Center - San Antonio, TX

June 14 – Fiddler’s Green – Denver, CO

June 16 – The Pavilion - Albuquerque, NM

June 17 – Cricket Wireless Pavilion – Phoenix, AZ

June 19 - San Manuel Amphitheatre – San Bernardino, CA

June 20 – Sleep Train Pavilion – Concord, CA

June 22 – White River Amphitheatre – Auburn, WA

June 24 – General Motors Place – Vancouver, BC

June 26 – Rexall Place – Edmonton, AB

June 29 – Credit Union Centre – Saskatoon, SK

July 3 – Molson Amphitheatre – Toronto, ON

July 11 – PNC Bank Arts Center – Holmdel, NJ

July 12 – Madison Square Garden – New York, NY

July 14 – Post Gazette Pavilion – Pittsburg, PA

July 15 – Blossom Music Center – Cleveland, OH
July 17 – DTE Energy Music Theatre – Detroit, MI http://www.cdx.de/content/smilies/ap...20headbang.gif

July 18 – First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre – Chicago, IL

July 20 – Nissan Pavilion – Washington, DC

Supermallet 03-04-10 03:17 PM

No shows near Los Angeles? Damn it!

Oh well, I did get to see them on the Somewhere Back In Time tour. Can't wait to hear the new album!

The Cow 03-04-10 03:32 PM

Sweet, I'm planning on the Detroit show as well :up:

cdollaz 03-04-10 04:07 PM

DT being on the bill likely seals the deal for me. Hopefully Maiden mixes up the setlist. I really don't want to hear the same old shit. I wonder what ticket prices will be.

Giantrobo 03-04-10 04:08 PM

Looking forward to it.

DaveWadding 03-04-10 06:50 PM

Gonna be awesome!

Jason 03-04-10 10:17 PM

Can't wait! Never saw Maiden, and only saw DT once. Almost got to see the 2008 tour in New Jersey, but couldn't change my work-arranged travel plans.

[email protected] 03-04-10 10:24 PM

Great double bill!

Pretty shocked there's no New England date yet. Hopefully they'll be adding one...

WMAangel 03-05-10 12:05 AM

HOLY CRAP!!
Dream Theater will be opening for Maiden?!?!
EPIC DOUBLE BILL!!!!!
:D2: :up: :D

Rypro 525 03-05-10 12:39 AM

yep, if this sucker is under 100 bucks, i'm fuckin there. I wouldn't be shocked too if DT gets to play over an hour as well

Josh-da-man 03-05-10 06:04 AM

Is this going to be their farewell tour?

I've heard for a long time that Harris wanted to retire after fifteen albums, and "Final Frontier" will be their fifteenth studio album.

islandclaws 03-05-10 10:23 AM

I'm excited for a new album, but no fucking way am I going to the San Manuel Amp to see them. I went to Somewhere Back in Time, I'm good for now.

Phodg 03-05-10 11:31 AM

Great double bill. Dream Theater going first means I'll have more time for drinking in the parking lot before Maiden come on. :)

Hokeyboy 03-05-10 02:40 PM

They won't even do a show in the drummer's local neighborhood (S. Florida)? :sad:

Oh well. Saw them TWICE on the last tour (New Jersey and Sunrise, FL). If they end up doing a local show, great! If not... well fooey. I'll bitch at Nicko at his rib joint.

yoshimi 03-05-10 03:19 PM

I am excited for the new album. I don't go to concerts anymore but would like to see this tour.

JOE29 03-05-10 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by Snowmaker (Post 10031305)

How come nobody comes to Philly? No Megadeth, no Iron Maiden,..
All we get is crappy Springsteen and Bon Jovi.
Which I refuse to see.

dvduser6 03-06-10 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by KillerCannibal (Post 10032767)
I'm excited for a new album, but no fucking way am I going to the San Manuel Amp to see them. I went to Somewhere Back in Time, I'm good for now.

Ditto. I actually had to re-read the announcement three times before I saw they were actually making a So-Cal appearance. I'll wait for Maiden's return in either late 2010 or 2011.

cactusoly 03-06-10 09:39 PM

I'm going to Montreal \m/

Giantrobo 03-06-10 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by Phodg (Post 10032904)
Great double bill. Dream Theater going first means I'll have more time for drinking in the parking lot before Maiden come on. :)

:lol::up:

FantasticVSDoom 03-06-10 10:28 PM

Damn, maybe I will FINALLY get to see them... The one band that I've just never got a chance to see. Best chance was when I had tickets for the 7th Tour back in April of 88 in Daytona (still have my unused tickets) but got in trouble and wasnt allowed. Damn, being a kid really did suck sometimes, :lol:

Flashback 03-07-10 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by Phodg (Post 10032904)

Would have been me too :) But I hate going to 1st Midwest and have decided I will never go back, so pass for me. I caught the last (SBIT) tour which was great.

Rypro 525 03-18-10 10:26 PM

Got me pit tickets, due to a very nice guy on another forum. So happy. 2 of my fave bands together, and get to see em up close

Mordred 03-19-10 11:39 AM

Somehow I've never seen Iron Maiden live. I think I'm going to have to rectify that now.