Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Iron Maiden - new album and tour

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Iron Maiden - new album and tour

Old 03-19-10, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Iron Maiden - new album and tour

Originally Posted by Mordred
Somehow I've never seen Iron Maiden live. I think I'm going to have to rectify that now.
I haven't either. I'm going to try getting tickets for the San Antonio show.
Old 03-19-10, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

tickets go on sale to the gen public tomorrow at 10am. Also, you can go on ticketmaster now to see whats availible
Old 03-19-10, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 225 Likes on 145 Posts

So how does this paperless ticket thing work? Looks like a colossal pain in the ass to have to present your credit card and ID just get get in the gate. They damn well better have the gate open about 4:00 pm.
Old 03-19-10, 05:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jason
So how does this paperless ticket thing work? Looks like a colossal pain in the ass to have to present your credit card and ID just get get in the gate. They damn well better have the gate open about 4:00 pm.
Not sure if it is done the same way but when I saw NIN I had paperless tickets through the fan club and everything was quick and painless.
Old 03-20-10, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Got my DC (really Bristow, VA) tickets this morning! Looking forward to this final date of the tour!!
Old 03-20-10, 05:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by WMAangel
Got my DC (really Bristow, VA) tickets this morning! Looking forward to this final date of the tour!!
I hope they plan something big for the final show (maybe DT and Maiden sharing the stage for a song or 2) You get seats or pit?
Old 03-21-10, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I hate the whole ticketless crap. I'm going to the show in Montreal and a friend of mine got 4 "tickets" . What happens if the card holder gets sick or has an emergency and can't make it? Everyone is screwed. The "tickets" are bought and paid for and Live Nation / Ticketmaster makes out anyway. Also... some of us like to keep out ticket stubs.
Old 03-21-10, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Rypro 525
I hope they plan something big for the final show (maybe DT and Maiden sharing the stage for a song or 2) You get seats or pit?
Sharing the stage for a song would be excellent, especially since DT has covered songs (and a whole album) from Maiden before....I can definitely see a pairing on a classic "TNOTB" track!
I went for seats, and got a couple good ones in section 101...I could have bought pit tickets, but my friend who is going and I are both mid-30s, short, and are not looking for any mosh/slamming....we'd prefer to take a seat between acts and go to the bathroom without fighting back to our spots!
Old 03-21-10, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

well if some asshole tells you to sit down during dream theater, just flip him off
Old 03-21-10, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts

Really happy with the price of Maiden tickets: $55 each netted me front section, stage right. (not including fees unfortunately) But for one of my other favorite bands (Eagles) 55 each + fees would net me nosebleeds.
Old 03-22-10, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Flashback
Would have been me too But I hate going to 1st Midwest and have decided I will never go back, so pass for me. I caught the last (SBIT) tour which was great.
I know what you mean. I hate that place too. But it's Maiden.
And yeah - the SBIT tour at the Allstate was fantastic. Especially seeing as we had standing tickets.
Old 03-22-10, 10:17 AM

Received 183 Likes on 125 Posts

Well, after a couple of decades I will finally get to see them live. Not sure how I missed them all these years as they have been one of my favorites sine high school.

I got some great seats, 8th row on the "floor" for their Houston show.

I know a lot of people hate paperless tickets, but I like to think that my 8th row seats wouldn't have happened without them. Paperless tickets means ticket resellers/scalpers can't send their "employees" to stand in line or sit in front of their computers and buy up huge chunks of the best tickets.

I recall standing in line to buy Chickenfoot tickets (buying at the venue saves a lot of "convenience fees") and 4 out of the 5 people in front of me just walked up and asked for 8 tickets. 2 of them were on the phone with the "office" coordinating their buys. Anything that limits these asshats is fine with me!
Old 03-22-10, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This will be my 11th time seeing maiden \m/
Old 06-07-10, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

"The release date for IRON MAIDEN’S new studio album THE FINAL FRONTIER is now confirmed for Monday 16th August. The new album pictured here features artwork illustrated by Melvyn Grant and, to mark the occasion, the band have made special arrangements for one new album track 'EL DORADO' to be made available Worldwide as a FREE digital download MP3 with immediate effect."

"The Final Frontier World Tour begins in Dallas on June 9th with 25 shows in major cities across the USA and Canada, playing to an expected 350,000 fans or more. Following this the tour will ship over to Europe starting in Dublin on July 30 and playing a few selected major festivals and stadiums , finishing in Valencia, Spain, on Aug 21 and including a concert in Transylvania.

Says bass player and founder member Steve Harris “We’re hugely excited about this tour. I think the fans will really like the brand new stage production and lights and we will also be debuting one of the new album tracks , El Dorado. Our Texan fans will be the very first people anywhere to hear it live, so it will be interesting to see their reaction and how it goes down with the crowd on the night! Eddie has changed a bit for this tour but is possibly the most outrageous one to date... I can’t say too much about him as don’t want to spoil the surprise but I guarantee he will scare the hell out of you!”

Thirty years on from their eponymous debut album in April 1980, The Final Frontier will be Maiden’s 15th studio album, making a remarkable average of a new album every two years for 30 years and totalling over 80 million album sales during this period.

The full tracklisting for the album (total running time 76:35) is:

THE FINAL FRONTIER
1. Satellite 15....The Final Frontier 8:40
2. El Dorado 6:49
3. Mother Of Mercy 5:20
4. Coming Home 5:52
5. The Alchemist 4:29
6. Isle Of Avalon 9:06
7. Starblind 7:48
8. The Talisman 9:03
9. The Man Who Would Be King 8:28
10. When The Wild Wind Blows 10:59

and a link to dl the first released song "El Dorado"
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7VNPSR39
Old 06-07-10, 07:20 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I like it! especially the bass line.
Old 06-07-10, 07:30 PM

Cover art for the single is:

Spoiler:

^ spoilerized for size.
Old 06-07-10, 07:47 PM
Premium Member

Received 676 Likes on 456 Posts

I REALLY like the music in that song, but somehow the vocals don't sit right with me yet. I'll have to give it a few more listens.

to both of those cover arts
Old 06-07-10, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,748 Likes on 1,093 Posts

I like it.
Old 06-07-10, 10:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

for those that dont want to dl it
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0lwrg2u_gCM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0lwrg2u_gCM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
Old 06-08-10, 12:01 AM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

So far the artwork is better than the music. I'm sure it will grow on me, but it's not grabbing me like "The Wicker Man" or anything from their last album.
Old 06-08-10, 06:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts

Song isn't anything special. That album cover has me excited, though. Funny how a cover can do that.
Old 06-08-10, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Everything looks/sounds great to me. The cover could use a bit more fine tuning, but it's much better than their last few. I'm still not going to see them on this tour, but I am excited to pick up the album.
Old 06-08-10, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 680 Likes on 419 Posts

The album artwork is pretty amateurish looking. I like the song though.

The single artwork is OUTSTANDING. That should be the album cover.
Old 06-08-10, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm not crazy about the single, but I thought the 1st single off the last album was one of the two weakest songs on that album. Their last two albums took some time to grow on me, I'm expecting the same with this one.

I agree, the single artwork should be the cover artwork.
Old 06-08-10, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've listened to the single a few times today. I like it. Can't wait to hear it live this weekend!

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.