DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Music Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk-28/)
-   -   Music CDs at Dollar Tree (not public domain crap) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/570096-music-cds-dollar-tree-not-public-domain-crap.html)

sotra 02-28-10 07:46 AM

Music CDs at Dollar Tree (not public domain crap)

Sorry if this has already been posted, but my local store just put out some decent recognizable CDs.

I picked up - Barenaked Ladies - Are me & James Blunt - Back to Bedlam exanded 2-disc edition (mixed in with regular edition).

I don't remember much else since these stood out to me, but I remember Brian McKnight, Kenny Rogers, Janet Jackson, Soundgarden, Van Halen, Nickelback and Our Lady Peace. Good luck hunting!

bigjim25 02-28-10 04:07 PM

Re: Music CDs at Dollar Tree (not public domain crap)

They had James Blunt - Back to Bedlam but it was the single disc. They also had another one by him.
They also had a couple by Phish, Barenaked Ladies, Randy Jackson (AIdol), Sammy Hagar, & Tony Orlando.

nothingfails 02-28-10 04:51 PM

Sounds good, but I am almost positive none of the 5300 Dollar Trees nearby will carry them. I remember they had dollar DVD's last fall and not one of them here carried those

Rocketdog2000 02-28-10 05:37 PM

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, the one store I checked near me didn't have much of a selection, and of what they did, nothing I didn't already have or need.

At mine there were...

Panic At The Disco - Pretty.Odd
James Blunt - Back To Bedlam and All The Lost Souls
Barenaked Ladies - Are Me
Phish - Round Room
Dwight Yokam - Last Chance For A Thousand Years: Greatest Hits from the 90's
Tift Merritt - Another Country
Randy Jackson - Randy Jackson's Music Club, Volume 1

..and maybe a couple of others, but none of the artist's you mentioned - although they did have multiple copies of each. None of them were cut-outs, either. In the store I visited, they were placed in the front, right near one of the registers. I'll have to check out a couple of the other surrounding locations to see if they have anything else.

I picked up a copy of Panic for a friend, as it's actually a pretty decent power pop, retro album.

bigjim25 02-28-10 08:40 PM

Damn I have it already but Dwight Yoakam - Greatest Hits from the 90's for a $1. This was a pretty rockin' country CD. It didn't have any #1's but it's well worth a $1.
1. Turn It On, Turn It Up, Turn Me Loose #11
2. You're The One #5
3. It Only Hurts When I Cry #7
4. The Heart That You Own #18
5. Suspicious Minds #35
6. Thinking About Leaving #54
7. A Thousand Miles From Nowhere #2
8. Ain't That Lonely Yet #2
9. Fast As You #2
10. Pocket Of A Clown #22
11. Sorry You Asked? #59
12. Nothing #20
13. I'll Go Back To Her
14. Crazy Little Thing Called Love #12

Red Medicine 03-01-10 05:48 PM

Will somebody please burn down this store?

Decker 03-01-10 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by Red Medicine (Post 10025433)

It's hard; the lighters they sell there don't really work very well.

auto 03-01-10 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by Red Medicine (Post 10025433)

Is it the time of the month when you come piss all over everyone's threads? :lol:

foofighters7 03-03-10 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by auto (Post 10025587)
Is it the time of the month when you come piss all over everyone's threads? :lol:

Well maybe the 'Red' Medicine is for the red that comes once a month.

Poink 03-03-10 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by foofighters7 (Post 10029108)
Well maybe the 'Red' Medicine is for the red that comes once a month.

Or the excellent fifth album by Fugazi.

Quake1028 03-03-10 02:30 PM

He doesn't buy any of your mainstream music crap so of course he only shops at the finest retailers and specialty shops.

auto 03-03-10 03:03 PM

I know, I know....he's NEVER bought an album released by a major label. Check out the safety pins on his shirt! rotfl

[email protected] 03-08-10 02:44 PM

Thanks to the OP! I picked up five discs today:

The Academy Is - Santi
Phish - Undermind
Phish - Round Room
Bjork - Volta
Barenaked Ladies - Are Me

Would have loved to grab the Dwight Yokum cd, but it wasn't in stock at the Plaistow, NH location.

Red Medicine 03-08-10 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by Quake1028 (Post 10029226)
He doesn't buy any of your mainstream music crap so of course he only shops at the finest retailers and specialty shops.

Absolutely ridiculous comment. With only a few exceptions, independent labels have strived to sell their products at much lower prices than what major labels charge. Dischord Records, which released the classic album I named this account after, charges only $10 per album (and 5 or 6 years ago, it was just $8).

Of course, if you try to buy their albums at chain stores, you might see them selling for inflated prices (I've seen a Fugazi album selling for $24,99 Canadian at an HMV), but the labels have no control over that.

http://www.dischord.com/images.d/rel...jpg?1249053358