Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Who likes "It's Gonna Be Me" by *NSync?

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live
View Poll Results: Do you like "IT'S GONNA BE ME" by *NSync?
I like the song
35.29%
I hate the song
23.53%
(never heard the song)
8.82%
I don't feel one way or the other about it
8.82%
**who gave Buttmunker permission to do Polls?
23.53%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-10, 07:37 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Much like what Quentin Tarantino said in the cut scene from Pulp Fiction: where Mia claims that everyone can be classified as either an Elvis person or a "Beatles" person, you can't be both.

This is not quite as "heavy," but c'mon, you either like It's Gonna Be Me, or you don't.

Personally, I love the song. I like Bye Bye Bye, too, but not as much. And I like nothing else by *NSync
Old 02-16-10, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Who likes "It's Gonna Be Me" by *NSync?

There are two types of people in this world: Those who like Neil Diamond, and those who don't. My ex-wife loves him
Old 02-16-10, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

They were catchy songs (this and Bye Bye Bye) but I know the majority will say they hate it even if they never heard it just because it's never been hip to like N'Sync, especially not ten years after their day.
Old 02-16-10, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Jacoby Ellsbury
There are two types of people in this world: Those who like Neil Diamond, and those who don't. My ex-wife loves him
Ironic-like: i was singing Longfellow Serenade earlier today. I like (some) of Neil Diamond.
Old 02-16-10, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by nothingfails
They were catchy songs (this and Bye Bye Bye) but I know the majority will say they hate it even if they never heard it just because it's never been hip to like N'Sync, especially not ten years after their day.
I think most posters will go after the last option, just because they're all "hymers."
Old 02-16-10, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I remember the song, voted for the last option, and I still think it sucks as bad now as it did then. Maybe even moreso.
Old 02-16-10, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I like NSync quite a bit. As far as bubble gum pop goes, they were certainly the best of that whole crop of boy bands and teen queens of their time. So yeah, I like It's Gonna Be Me.
Old 02-16-10, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

I like it.
Old 02-16-10, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 238 Likes on 150 Posts

not the worst thing I've ever heard. They were probably about the only boy band that had even a smidgeon of talent.
Old 02-16-10, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 220 Likes on 176 Posts

It came and went. I didn't pay much attention to the song when it was around, so I don't really care about it now.
Old 02-16-10, 06:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 696 Likes on 430 Posts

Boy bands... seriously...
Old 02-17-10, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Jacoby Ellsbury
So you're saying that maybe I didn't leave her...but that she left me?
Old 02-17-10, 08:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK song. Has a good hook. Never thought much about it at the time. Justin had some awful girly hair back then. Christina Aguilera and Backstreet Boys (to a lesser degree) were the best things to come out of that teen music scene.
Old 02-17-10, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I never heard it, but then again, I'm heterosexual.
Old 02-17-10, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I admit I feel a little bad for the other four guys who have all resorted to reality television because they're that hard up for money. But Justin will write songs for and collaborate with every artist under the sun who wants to work with him, but he won't grant N'Sync a reunion that you know the other four members would jump at doing. Come on, your so-called "brothers" need your help more than Rihanna, Madonna or Beyonce do, so why not help them out?
Old 02-18-10, 03:13 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

There are two types of people in the world. Those who like Animainiacs and those who don't like Animainiacs.
Old 02-18-10, 04:45 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I admit I feel a little bad for the other four guys who have all resorted to reality television because they're that hard up for money. But Justin will write songs for and collaborate with every artist under the sun who wants to work with him, but he won't grant N'Sync a reunion that you know the other four members would jump at doing. Come on, your so-called "brothers" need your help more than Rihanna, Madonna or Beyonce do, so why not help them out?
Unless I just haven't heard any Justin solo songs I liked, I don't think he's done anything as good as It's Gonna Be Me. And it's been 10 years. Has he done anything almost as superior?
Old 02-18-10, 05:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Buttmunker
Unless I just haven't heard any Justin solo songs I liked, I don't think he's done anything as good as It's Gonna Be Me. And it's been 10 years. Has he done anything almost as superior?
Yes. Yes, he has...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WhwbxEfy7fg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WhwbxEfy7fg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Old 02-18-10, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

New Kids on the Block did it, I'm sure they will at some time or another if they're hard up for money
Old 02-18-10, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by statcat
New Kids on the Block did it, I'm sure they will at some time or another if they're hard up for money
No one from NKOTB achieved even one tenth of the amount of solo success that Timberlake has, though....he has no reason to do any Nsync reunion (unlike the other four members), and unless he goes on a MC Hammer type spending spree, he probably will never be "hard up for the money" at this point....
Old 02-18-10, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by WMAangel
No one from NKOTB achieved even one tenth of the amount of solo success that Timberlake has, though....he has no reason to do any Nsync reunion (unlike the other four members), and unless he goes on a MC Hammer type spending spree, he probably will never be "hard up for the money" at this point....
Maybe not as far as music, but Donnie Wahlberg had success as an actor.
Old 02-18-10, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Love it
Old 02-18-10, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It's the Ten-Year Anniversary for the song!
Old 02-18-10, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is the first time I've heard the song. I'm not a fan of over-produced pop but it's fun 'n catchy.
Old 02-18-10, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by WMAangel
I understand why he wanted the solo thing, but I don't see why he couldn't juggle the band and solo like Phil Collins, Stevie Nicks, Dave Gahan (Depeche Mode), Gwen Stefani, Rob Thomas and others have. Even Beyonce promised she would do one last Destiny's Child album before she fully devoted her attention to her solo career. Justin promised another N'Sync album but once he saw he could sell on his own, he forgot the other four guys who could use it more than he could. Even Michael Jackson gave his brothers one final tour AFTER the success of Thriller, which is more than Justin will ever have. Just swallow your pride and do it just once for the other guys who have their own bills to pay.

Last edited by nothingfails; 02-18-10 at 04:31 PM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.