Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

She & Him - Volume Two (March 23, 2010)

Old 02-07-10, 04:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

She & Him - Volume Two (March 23, 2010)

01.) Thieves
02.) In The Sun feat. Tilly and the Wall
03.) Don't Look Back
04.) Ridin' In My Car (NRBQ Cover)
05.) Lingering Still
06.) Me And You
07.) Gonna Get Along Without You Now (Skeeter Davis Cover)
08.) Home
09.) I'm Gonna Make It Better
10.) Sing
11.) Over It Over Again
12.) Brand New Shoes
13.) If You Can't Sleep

She & Him will release their sophomore album, Volume Two, on March 23rd. Written by Zooey Deschanel (She) and produced by M.Ward (Him), Volume Two is the follow up to the duo’s critically acclaimed debut, Volume One. The album includes eleven original tracks and two covers – “Ridin’ In My Car” by NRBQ and Skeeter Davis’ ”Gonna Get Along Without You Now”.

Described by Zooey as a “feel-good album,” Volume Two is bolstered by rich harmonies, sweet-as-sugar melodies and Brill Building choruses. From sweeping opener “Thieves” and first single “In the Sun” (featuring guest vocals by Tilly and the Wall), to the tempo and mood shifts of “Home” and the vocals-only, hymn-like closer “If You Can’t Sleep,” Volume Two shimmers from start to finish.
What began as a fascinating, no-strings-attached collaboration on 2008's Volume One has evolved into a bona fide, touring band, and She & Him are here to stay. Zooey Deschanel and Matt Ward are a comfortable and complementary musical pair; hearing them again on Volume Two feels like getting together with two old friends. This time, the harmonies have grown more angelically layered, the string arrangements more dramatic, the songwriting even sharper and more confident. All songs (except 4 and 7) written by Zooey Deschanel. Produced by M. Ward.
Loved Volume One and have been waiting on the follow-up since. One of my most anticipated releases of 2010.

EDIT: Here's a link to "In The Sun," the lead single: http://www.sheandhim.com/sheandhim.php#media

Last edited by kstublen; 02-07-10 at 04:59 PM.
Old 02-07-10, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Re: She & Him - Volume Two (March 23, 2010)

And here's a link to the current She & Him Volume Two thread : http://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/...23-2010-a.html
Old 02-07-10, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Re: She & Him - Volume Two (March 23, 2010)

I searched it and nothing came up. Mods, please delete this thread.