Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Los Campesinos! - Romance is Boring

Old 01-29-10, 01:06 PM

This album came out on 1/26 and I think it will be making my top 10 of 2010 already. The album is pretty fierce pop punk along the lines of a more aggressive Bound Stems. I liked their previous releases, but this one totally stands out. It has some great lyrics like "I think we need more post-coital and less post-rock / Feels like the build-up takes forever but you never get me off". Pretty much all of the songs are rememberable, standouts for me are Romance is Boring, Straight in at 101 and The Sea is a Good Place To Think About The Future. Give it a listen if you like eccentric indie rock, Modest Mouse, Cursive, Broken Social Scene.

Last edited by TripWire; 01-29-10 at 01:10 PM.
Old 01-29-10, 02:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Re: Los Campesinos! - Romance is Boring

I really enjoyed their first two albums (especially their first -- there is no way I can listen to "You! Me! Dancing!" and not have my mood improve). I'll have to pick this one up.