DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Music Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk-28/)
-   -   Adam Lambert on the AMA's (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/565227-adam-lambert-amas.html)

Daytripper 11-23-09 01:27 AM

Adam Lambert on the AMA's
 
They saved the best for last on this show? The performance was laughable and the song, terrible. The audience clearly weren't 100% receptive. And Adam was over the top as per usual. Please PLEASE God let this no talent be gone sooner than later.

tommy28 11-23-09 05:36 AM

Re: Adam Lambert on the AMA's
 
God I agree 100%. and I loved him on AI.
the screaming, OMFG.........
and making out hard with Dudes wont sell records.

atlantamoi 11-23-09 05:47 AM

Re: Adam Lambert on the AMA's
 
I think he has plenty of talent. That song sucked, though.

Howiefan 11-23-09 10:24 AM

Re: Adam Lambert on the AMA's
 
Aren't you the guy who kept posting in the AI threads week after week to say how horrible Adam was? Why did you even watch his AMA performance or start this thread when you clearly don't like anything he does?

Groucho 11-23-09 10:25 AM

Re: Adam Lambert on the AMA's
 
I look forward to the OP reviewing Kris Allen's latest busking gig on the NY subway.

Daytripper 11-23-09 12:38 PM

Re: Adam Lambert on the AMA's
 

Originally Posted by Howiefan (Post 9851143)
Aren't you the guy who kept posting in the AI threads week after week to say how horrible Adam was? Why did you even watch his AMA performance or start this thread when you clearly don't like anything he does?

Maybe I am. There were several of us posting anti-Adam comments there. So what? Are you the guy who kept posting in the AI threads week after week saying how great he was? I have every right to post whatever I like. And I didn't watch the AMA's for him.

Howiefan 11-23-09 12:59 PM

Re: Adam Lambert on the AMA's
 

Originally Posted by Daytripper (Post 9851373)
Maybe I am. There were several of us posting anti-Adam comments there. So what? Are you the guy who kept posting in the AI threads week after week saying how great he was? I have every right to post whatever I like. And I didn't watch the AMA's for him.

He was closing the awards though. It's not like you had to watch his performance so that you wouldn't miss the rest of the show...

Daytripper 11-23-09 01:01 PM

Re: Adam Lambert on the AMA's
 

Originally Posted by Howiefan (Post 9851405)
He was closing the awards though. It's not like you had to watch his performance so that you wouldn't miss the rest of the show...

I didn't watch the whole performance. I switched the channel after a minute or so.

Howiefan 11-23-09 01:13 PM

Re: Adam Lambert on the AMA's
 

Originally Posted by Daytripper (Post 9851410)
I didn't watch the whole performance. I switched the channel after a minute or so.

So you start a thread to hate on a performance/song you've only heard a minute or so of?

Daytripper 11-23-09 01:17 PM

Re: Adam Lambert on the AMA's
 

Originally Posted by Howiefan (Post 9851441)
So you start a thread to hate on a performance/song you've only heard a minute or so of?


Yes I started a thread based on part of a performance I saw. If you got a problem with that, then too bad. Now get lost.

Howiefan 11-23-09 01:22 PM

Re: Adam Lambert on the AMA's
 

Originally Posted by Daytripper (Post 9851447)
Yes I started a thread based on part of a performance I saw. If you got a problem with that, then too bad. Now get lost.

LOL great, thanks!

chowderhead 11-23-09 02:20 PM

Re: Adam Lambert on the AMA's
 
I am glad he figuratively and literally fell f(l)at on his face.
He was so fake and desperate and out of tune. So much hype for so much failure. For all you haters out there, this is Adam's response


Stay classy douche-bag.

SweetP 11-23-09 04:08 PM

Re: Adam Lambert on the AMA's
 
Geez Howiefan, how about getting out of Daytripper's ass? And stop dissecting everything everyone posts---I came in here to rip on Glittery Glambert publicly fellating himself and you're practically tossing everyone's salad, you creepy bastard.

For fuck's sake, can't you post anything negative around here?

Like most folks with good taste and clear hearing, Adam Lambert's voice makes my toes curl. I'd rather give Justin Guarini a handjob than have to listen to that sissyboy sing his castrated nuts off like he did on the AMA's. That was disturbing. But then again, just knowing I share oxygen with that self-absorbed fruitloop is disturbing enough. His preening glitterfest gives the GBL community such a bad name---total blackface gay!


And if you don't like MY comments Howiefan, suck it. Go off and smell your granny's tuna casserole farts for all I care.

cungar 11-23-09 04:51 PM

Re: Adam Lambert on the AMA's
 
You guys get your :banned: notices yet?

stingermck 11-23-09 04:54 PM

Re: Adam Lambert on the AMA's
 

NEW YORK – ABC says more than 1,500 people have called to complain about Adam Lambert's sexually charged performance at the American Music Awards.

The network characterized the response as "moderate." Before his performance, Lambert said that he wanted to break down a double standard that existed where female performers are often sexually provocative while men don't do it that often.

There were also hostile comments online about the "American Idol" glam rocker who sang his new song "For Your Entertainment" on Sunday's show with an elaborate, S&M-themed production. Lambert fondled a dancer, led another around on a leash, had a dancer briefly stick his head in Lambert's crotch and kissed a man.

Daytripper 11-23-09 04:57 PM

Re: Adam Lambert on the AMA's
 

Originally Posted by cungar (Post 9851843)
You guys get your :banned: notices yet?

Huh!? "Guys"?? Who are you referring to?

tommy28 11-23-09 04:57 PM

Re: Adam Lambert on the AMA's
 

Originally Posted by SweetP (Post 9851762)
Geez Howiefan, how about getting out of Daytripper's ass? And stop dissecting everything everyone posts---I came in here to rip on Glittery Glambert publicly fellating himself and you're practically tossing everyone's salad, you creepy bastard.

For fuck's sake, can't you post anything negative around here?

Like most folks with good taste and clear hearing, Adam Lambert's voice makes my toes curl. I'd rather give Justin Guarini a handjob than have to listen to that sissyboy sing his castrated nuts off like he did on the AMA's. That was disturbing. But then again, just knowing I share oxygen with that self-absorbed fruitloop is disturbing enough. His preening glitterfest gives the GBL community such a bad name---total blackface gay!


And if you don't like MY comments Howiefan, suck it. Go off and smell your granny's tuna casserole farts for all I care.


Funny stuff;)
but it seems Howiefan was just protected his boy or girl......


Howiefan

Re: What's the latest CD you bought?
Just bought on iTunes:

Adam Lambert - For Your Entertainment
Susan Boyle - I Dreamed a Dream
Lady GaGa - The Fame Monster

Not ashamed to say I love the albums.

LiquidSky 11-23-09 04:59 PM

Re: Adam Lambert on the AMA's
 
Sounds like crap Britney, et al. would pull. I wonder if there would be such an outrage if a female performer did it?

Not a fan of Lambert. I agree SweetP on the "gay blackface" comment.

DGibFen 11-23-09 05:24 PM

Re: Adam Lambert on the AMA's
 
Honestly, I thought Lambert's performance was as immature as the Madonna/Britney/Christina lesbian kissing thing a few years back. Not everyone's definition of "sexy" includes blatant sexual acts meant to shock people.

dx23 11-23-09 05:40 PM

Re: Adam Lambert on the AMA's
 
I really think this douchebag is setting back the gay and lesbian movement with shit stunts like this. This guy is the kind of gay that conservatives love to point at when criticizing the community.

The Bus 11-23-09 06:13 PM

Re: Adam Lambert on the AMA's
 
This would be shocking if it were not involving one of the "singers" from American Idol.

big whoppa 11-23-09 06:48 PM

Re: Adam Lambert on the AMA's
 
Never was a fan of Lambert on Idol or now. The performance created some stir but he hasn't made a big enough name for himself to pull off a stunt like there where he's shocking and trying to make a statement. He's nowhere near Madonna's fame at the point of MTV's "Like a Virgin" performance or Britney's when making out with Madonna. I don't think it's a good idea to say screw you to the audience either as he did.

Maybe the next performance will include gloryholes.

redhenry 11-23-09 06:55 PM

Re: Adam Lambert on the AMA's
 
Not bothered by it. It's the same crap that Titney Spears and her ilk churn out at each awards show. It's a competition to see who can push it the furthest.

If it had been Titney shoving some girl's head into her crotch, most guys would have all had wet knickers so it's a bit hypocritical to slag him off for that.

The screaming was too much and the song was ordinary. Welcome to 2009.

Strevlac 11-23-09 07:01 PM

Re: Adam Lambert on the AMA's
 

Originally Posted by SweetP (Post 9851762)
Geez Howiefan, how about getting out of Daytripper's ass? And stop dissecting everything everyone posts---I came in here to rip on Glittery Glambert publicly fellating himself and you're practically tossing everyone's salad, you creepy bastard.

For fuck's sake, can't you post anything negative around here?

Like most folks with good taste and clear hearing, Adam Lambert's voice makes my toes curl. I'd rather give Justin Guarini a handjob than have to listen to that sissyboy sing his castrated nuts off like he did on the AMA's. That was disturbing. But then again, just knowing I share oxygen with that self-absorbed fruitloop is disturbing enough. His preening glitterfest gives the GBL community such a bad name---total blackface gay!


And if you don't like MY comments Howiefan, suck it. Go off and smell your granny's tuna casserole farts for all I care.

Best post ever. Bravo.

foofighters7 11-23-09 07:14 PM

Re: Adam Lambert on the AMA's
 

Originally Posted by Strevlac (Post 9852060)
Best post ever. Bravo.

was pretty good.

Lambert is a freak, and not in a good way. I'm sure Gays around the world cringe when this douche is in the media.

he is a pathetic no talent loser who will quickly...flame out.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:42 AM.


Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.