Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Favorite Rock or Heavy Metal Story?

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-09, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Calling all metal heads. What is one of your favorite stories, tales from the road, just something crazy you read about it with this genre?

Here are some of mine:

Dee Snider goes to Washington

Back in the 80s when parents were freaked out about Satanism, rock music became a big target. So Congress had nothing better to do than to hold hearings on the censorship of certain rock bands.

Dee was a poster boy for debauchery with his makeup and songs of teen rebellion. He also became the champion for rock music. Dee showed up at the hearing, torn jeans and t-shirt, and blew away the PRMC with a well planned and articulated speech. Apparently this is Dee's favorite story. He loves to tell the story over and over embelished with detail.

Mayhem Skull Necklaces

Norweign Black metal bands are always trying to outdo each other to be more scary and extreme, but Mayhem really takes the cake. The lead singer blew his brains out, and the band members made necklaces out of his skull fragments! At least they didn't eat him as once rumored.

Def Leppard Sex Pit

The boys literally had women lining up to have sex with them. Apparently, there was a sex pit area beneath the stage where band members could have sex even during the show! My question, how come these dudes never get STDS and shit like us mere mortals?
Old 09-18-09, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Re: Favorite Rock or Heavy Metal Story?

I like the story where Spinal Tap booked seven suites in a hotel and instead were booked on the seventh floor with one suite.
Old 09-18-09, 08:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 696 Likes on 430 Posts

Not quite rock/metal, but I liked the one when Zamphir (the pan-flute guy) accidentally took a crap onstage.
Old 09-18-09, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,462 Likes on 930 Posts

Led Zepplin had some groupies in a hotel room, but before they got very far, they had to go play their show. They liked the girls a lot, and were afraid that they would leave before they got back. So they got handcuffs from Jimmy Page's luggage and cuffed one wrist of each girl to a bed. Then they left the girls in the room until after the show. The guys didn't feel at all guilty about it. The girls were happy with it, and the band made sure the girls were within reach of the phone so could have called room service if they needed anything.
Old 09-18-09, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 248 Likes on 176 Posts

Not true, but there was the story of Frank Zappa and Alice Cooper challenging each other to a gross out contest on stage. Zappa took a shit on the stage on Alice Cooper ate it.
Old 09-18-09, 06:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

true,

Tommy Lee pissing on the ground, Ozzy Osbourne pushing him out of the way and then lapping it up like a dog.
Old 09-18-09, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 66 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by cactusoly
true,

Tommy Lee pissing on the ground, Ozzy Osbourne pushing him out of the way and then lapping it up like a dog.
Ozzy also snorted up a line of crawling ants with members of that band also.
Old 09-21-09, 02:02 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,729 Likes on 1,884 Posts

I remember a story about C.C. Deville from Poison; that he once shoved a water bottle up a girl's ass on their tour bus, resulting in an explosive enema where she sprayed shit everywhere (I believe it as referred to as a "shit blizzard").

And they made him clean up the mess while their manager tried to convince their bus driver not to quit on the spot.
Old 09-21-09, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I like the Mötley Crüe story about them getting breakfast burritos and sticking their dicks in them to "cover up the smell of pussy so that our girlfriends didn't know we were fucking anything stupid or drunk enough to get into Tommy's van."

Also, though it's only tangentially related to Judas Priest, the story of James Vance fascinates me. Dude lived for three years and fathered a child while having only half a face.
Old 09-21-09, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Luther Heggs
I like the Mötley Crüe story about them getting breakfast burritos and sticking their dicks in them to "cover up the smell of pussy so that our girlfriends didn't know we were fucking anything stupid or drunk enough to get into Tommy's van."

there are all kinds of great (or not so great) stories from "The Dirt"
like how they used to shoot up vodka