DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Music Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk-28/)
-   -   Tinted Windows - Bun E Carlos, James Iha, Adam Schlesinger, Taylor Hanson (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/550624-tinted-windows-bun-e-carlos-james-iha-adam-schlesinger-taylor-hanson.html)

cungar 02-25-09 04:50 PM

Tinted Windows - Bun E Carlos, James Iha, Adam Schlesinger, Taylor Hanson

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6psmPQaueE0&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6psmPQaueE0&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

Sounds exactly like Cheap Trick to me

superdeluxe 02-25-09 04:58 PM

Re: Tinted Windows - Bun E Carlos, James Iha, Adam Schlesinger, Taylor Hanson

Oh fail james iha.

EdTheRipper 02-25-09 05:10 PM

I like it. It's catchy and it sounds like it would be a great summer-time song. But when the hell did James Iha turn into Andy Warhol?

cungar 02-25-09 05:12 PM

Taylor Hanson looks like a young Simon Le Bon in that picture

mickey65 02-26-09 06:09 AM

Oh how original...it does sound like Cheap Trick...

starseed1981 02-26-09 09:36 AM

Wait? What? WTF!?!?!?!

Sean O'Hara 02-26-09 12:54 PM

Imagine if you had a time machine and could go back 12 years to tell people that members of Smashing Pumpkins and Hanson would one day form a supergroup. They'd lock you up.

cungar 02-26-09 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by Sean O'Hara (Post 9293541)
Imagine if you had a time machine and could go back 12 years to tell people that members of Smashing Pumpkins and Hanson would one day form a supergroup. They'd lock you up.

Unemployment can lead to diversification.

mdc3000 02-26-09 01:17 PM

^True, although I'm sure most around here wouldn't know that Hanson have still been around and kicking all this time - they come around here a lot and play pretty packed gigs. (My sister is a superfan)... this doesn't sound too bad. Even if you don't like Hanson's brand of pop, Taylor Hanson does have a pretty decent voice and backed by this fun kind of guitar rock, it works pretty good... Schlesinger knows how to write a punchy pop rock tune, so I think these guys have promise to put out something light and fun - like someone mentioned earlier, a good summer record.

sauce07 02-26-09 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by Sean O'Hara (Post 9293541)

I would've punched who ever said that right in their fat smug face. Now i'm just happy that I have Gish, Mellon Collie and Siamese Dream on my ipod.

The Infidel 02-26-09 02:14 PM

OOOOO! I wanna make a totally random supergroup, too! Mine will have:

Bobby Blotzer (Ratt) - drums
John Rees (Men At Work) - bass guitar
Nancy Wilson (Heart) - guitar
Tony Hadley (Spandau Ballet) - vocals

And for a totally random name, they will be called..."Liverwurst Sandwich"!

DRG 02-26-09 02:18 PM

It's better than Zeitgeist. :shrug:

Rocketdog2000 02-27-09 02:08 AM

It's sounds randomly like Cheap Trick, meaning in places here or there, but that's about it. But, I found it alright. I'd be down with hearing more.

starseed1981 02-27-09 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by DRG (Post 9293783)

True!

superdeluxe 02-27-09 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by DRG (Post 9293783)

That really is not saying much.

superdeluxe 02-27-09 03:00 PM

James should have just formed the f*cking virgins

arminius 02-27-09 04:28 PM

Pretty good, I'd listen to it again.

Drexl 02-28-09 07:21 PM

I like this so far. I'm a big FoW fan, and I was one who actually thought Hanson had some talent.

Daytripper 02-28-09 08:22 PM

Poor Bun E. Carlos. What is he, 60 years old!? He looks like Mick Fleetwood in that picture. Everyone else is like 30 plus years younger than him. Not that it matters. But why him? Cheap Trick are still around. Recording and touring.

Drexl 02-28-09 09:00 PM

Well, Carlos is 57, Schlesinger is 41, and Iha is 40. Hanson is the young'un at 25.

This is not the end of those groups though. This is a project that will run alongside their other bands.

cck 03-01-09 03:41 AM

Holy FREAK! I like this a lot. Nothing wrong with power pop in my book. I'm guessing that Iha and Schlesinger know each other because FOW was first signed by Iha's label. They would know Bun E. -- one of the great unsung rock drummers -- from the Chicago connection, but isn't Hanson from Oklahoma or something? Anyway, thanks for posting this. I'll be checking out the album in April.

nothingfails 03-27-09 03:51 PM

holy crap, Taylor Hanson actually looks like a man now. I remember the first time I saw them, I thought it was a girl and her two dorky brothers.

NoirFan 03-27-09 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by sauce07 (Post 9293611)
I would've punched who ever said that right in their fat smug face.

And the "People Unclear on the Concept" award goes too.....

Sirgey 05-08-09 07:34 AM

I saw them open for no doubt last weekend, they were really good live. Picked up the CD and there is some effect on Hanson's voice that I'm not a huge fan on the CD.

Flashback 05-08-09 01:31 PM

It 'touches' Cheap Trick but that is about it as they (CT) have much more of an edge. Reminds me more of FoW. Just searched around youtube and I do like "Messing With My Head" better.

WARNING: You will get a cavity listening to these songs and I mean that in a good way. It's mindless fun summer or H.S. movie soundtrack songs. The videos reminded me of Don Kirshners (sp?) Rock Concert - nice throwback :lol:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1AweLmMx5Nk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1AweLmMx5Nk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>