Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Guns n Roses Coma Video

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Guns n Roses Coma Video

Old 03-26-09, 11:09 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guns n Roses Coma Video

Sorry in advance, this post is longer that I anticipated.

I made this video 15 years ago when I was in college. I had heard that the videos for November Rain, Don't Cry and Estranged were supposed to be part of one narrative story and maybe turned into a short film or a movie that never happened.

So I decided to edit them together and after choosing coma as the song, i almost didn't because it's so long, I made this video using two vcr's and a cd walkman. I ended up running out of footage from the three videos and added in some stuff from other videos to fill time.

I don't know why, it's not a great video, but I've always been proud of this video so when I found an .avi file I captured from the vhs tape I decided to upload it to youtube.

Now there's another user on youtube claiming that he made the video. I know it's petty and it shouldn't bother me, but for some reason it does.

I posted a comment on his video page which was promptly deleted so this is the last I'm going to post about it. If you actually made it this far and read this whole post thanks for letting me vent a little.
Old 03-27-09, 12:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Guns n Roses Coma Video

That really sucks. You should have put a watermark on it.
Old 03-27-09, 04:59 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by mcfly
That really sucks. You should have put a watermark on it.
You're right. I'm kicking myself over that decision.
Old 03-27-09, 06:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good job man, I really enjoyed it and Coma was a great choice, one of my favorites from both albums.

Bummer about the impostor but from the comments on his upload it looks like folks know who really made it.
Old 03-28-09, 07:58 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Hixx
Good job man, I really enjoyed it and Coma was a great choice, one of my favorites from both albums.

Bummer about the impostor but from the comments on his upload it looks like folks know who really made it.
Thanks, it was nice to see some support. I just don't get what one would gain by lying about this.