Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Pearl Jam announces the reissue of band’s debut album, ten

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Pearl Jam announces the reissue of band’s debut album, ten

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-08, 08:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ten finally getting the royal treatment. I'll probably purchase the deluxe cd set.
Old 12-21-08, 10:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by DVD Josh
I know, it would look real nice next to your Laserdisc player and Neo Geo systems.
Retard, fine release it on Blu Ray-Audio disk then, the complete lack of high res makes the entire thing worthless. Besides wake up, cd is just as obsolete as the ones you mention.
Old 12-21-08, 10:57 PM

Received 1,914 Likes on 1,128 Posts
Congratulations, you are better than everyone.
Old 12-22-08, 08:22 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CD is obsolete? - nice fucking try.
Old 12-22-08, 10:58 AM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,183 Likes on 835 Posts
I bought two CDs just the other day...
I wouldn't say CDs are 'obsolete', but they are definitely past their peak.
Old 02-09-09, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 212 Likes on 185 Posts
Re: Pearl Jam announces the reissue of band’s debut album, ten

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....at173100050006
Old 02-09-09, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Hey I heard on the radio that the new disc is supposed to contain eddies audition for the band but I don't see that mentioned anywhere, anyone know if thats true?
Old 02-09-09, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by lukewarmwater
Hey I heard on the radio that the new disc is supposed to contain eddies audition for the band but I don't see that mentioned anywhere, anyone know if thats true?
· Cassette: replica of original “Momma-Son” Pearl Jam demo cassette featuring “Alive,” “Once” and “Footsteps”
Old 02-09-09, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

This album, Nirvana - Nevermind, and Ministry - Psalm 69 are the three biggest flashback albums to my senior year of high school. Still, I can't see paying that much for a reissue of it.
Old 02-11-09, 06:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Snowmaker
This album, Nirvana - Nevermind, and Ministry - Psalm 69 are the three biggest flashback albums to my senior year of high school. Still, I can't see paying that much for a reissue of it.
Are you just referring to the Super Deluxe $100+ set? You do know they will be issuing it as just a regular release as well, right?
Old 02-17-09, 07:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

If anyone wants a preview of this, they just put up six tracks from the "super deluxe" edition today at pearljam.com:

Brother (from Ten remixed)
Once (from Ten remixed)
Black (from Unplugged)
Porch (from Uplugged)
Alive (live from Drop In The Park)
State Of Love And Trust (live from Drop In The Park)

Sounds pretty good to me! Though I am kind of disappointed that Eddie pulled a "Lost Dogs" on Brother and recorded new vocals for this release....
Old 02-17-09, 08:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts

Once definitely has more crunch and life. I wish we could buy the remixed disc by itself.
Old 02-18-09, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I don't think the 2 set with the remixed CD plus remaster is going to be much more than a regular single disc (looked it up: currently $15.99 on Amazon only $3 more than the old version of Ten), so you can pretty much buy just the remixed one on it's own (it just happens to come with the remastered version)...

but really I can't see most Pearl Jam fans NOT plunking down the extra cash to get the DVD... I mean, Unplugged alone would be worth $20 to me, so the deluxe 3 disc version ($27.99 currently on Best Buy US) is what I'm getting for sure... and really like the sound of the clips posted on the web... Can't Wait!
Old 02-18-09, 07:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by cdollaz
Once definitely has more crunch and life. I wish we could buy the remixed disc by itself.
Once, Alive, and Black were already remixed by O'Brien for the "Rearviewmirror: Greatest Hits" double disc...I need to do an A/B comparison to see if there was any further tinkering or if he just went with those prior remixes for those three tracks....

You can also listen to clips from the whole album at www.pearljamten.com which is a Verizon sponsored site to buy tracks over V-cast for cell phones or whatever (I don't keep up with cell tech, I still rock some Samsung flip phone from 5 years ago....)

Last edited by WMAangel; 02-18-09 at 07:12 PM.
Old 02-20-09, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by WMAangel
If anyone wants a preview of this, they just put up six tracks from the "super deluxe" edition today at pearljam.com:

Brother (from Ten remixed)
Once (from Ten remixed)
Black (from Unplugged)
Porch (from Uplugged)
Alive (live from Drop In The Park)
State Of Love And Trust (live from Drop In The Park)

Sounds pretty good to me! Though I am kind of disappointed that Eddie pulled a "Lost Dogs" on Brother and recorded new vocals for this release....
Brother is not re-recorded - it's an alternate take from 91.
Old 02-21-09, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Inigo
Brother is not re-recorded - it's an alternate take from 91.
If you listen to the version of Brother right now that is on PJ's website, and tell me that is Eddie from '91 singing, than I have a bridge to sell you....

I am not denying that perhaps the MUSIC (guitar/bass/drums) is from '91, but those vocals were recorded recently, because TEN era Vedder sounds different from current day Vedder....the years of use singing and his cigarette smoking has changed it, that is undeniable....

The reason I stated he pulled a "Lost Dogs" on this is in reference to that release, where Eddie recorded a new vocal track for the song "Hold On"....if you have heard the original vocal track, from the leaked "Rarities Unreleased Cuts" internal work disc, you'd know what I mean...
Old 02-22-09, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by WMAangel
If you listen to the version of Brother right now that is on PJ's website, and tell me that is Eddie from '91 singing, than I have a bridge to sell you....

I am not denying that perhaps the MUSIC (guitar/bass/drums) is from '91, but those vocals were recorded recently, because TEN era Vedder sounds different from current day Vedder....the years of use singing and his cigarette smoking has changed it, that is undeniable....

The reason I stated he pulled a "Lost Dogs" on this is in reference to that release, where Eddie recorded a new vocal track for the song "Hold On"....if you have heard the original vocal track, from the leaked "Rarities Unreleased Cuts" internal work disc, you'd know what I mean...
I agree it sounds new and thought the same thing - however, "official" word is it's an alternate take from 91. Given that they did admit Hold On was re-recorded I'll believe it for now.......
Old 02-23-09, 02:01 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Inigo
I agree it sounds new and thought the same thing - however, "official" word is it's an alternate take from 91. Given that they did admit Hold On was re-recorded I'll believe it for now.......
Link to this "official" word?

Like I said before, I am not denying the instrumental parts are from '91....the instrumentals for "Alone" and "Hold On" were from '91 on Lost Dogs too, however those vocals were pure current decade Vedder, as is the case with this new version of "Brother"....

Have you heard the Rarities Unreleased Cuts leaked internal promo? If not, I'll send you a link to it....it was one of the discs being used during the making of Lost Dogs, and it has the original vocal tracks on both "Alone" and "Hold On", which are much more powerful and deeper and are easily identifiable as '91 Ed....
Old 03-08-09, 11:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Another cool promo site has popped up with some more tracks for preview....the only catch is you have to play their little block matching game to hear them:

http://www.pearljamtengame.com/

Unlock all ten tracks and watch a special "history of PJ" type video! Man, I am so hyped for my super deluxe box, only two weeks away now! Can't wait for the full album on Rock Band too!!
Old 03-09-09, 02:10 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I know I'm the exact opposite of almost everyone else in the world, but Ten is my least favorite Pearl Jam album. I'm interested to hear the remixed version, the original always sounded to clean and over produced to me. I wish they would have re-recorded the whole thing, these songs sound way better live than they do on Ten.
Old 03-09-09, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

^It's certainly not my LEAST favourite (Binaural or Riot Act take that IMO) but it's not my favourite either, yet I'm still beyond excited for this.
Old 03-09-09, 09:18 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Location: Northern New Jersey...or as we say it "Sopranos Country USA"

I have heard the "new" song on the radio a lot lately, and man that is some good stuff.

I got to get around to getting this one.
Old 03-09-09, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

that block game is fucking terrible.
Old 03-16-09, 11:55 AM

To all those who ordered it, shipping notifications started going out today. According to UPS, mine should arrive tomorrow!

"This message was sent to you at the request of Ten Club LLC to notify you that the electronic shipment information below has been transmitted to UPS. The physical package(s) may or may not have actually been tendered to UPS for shipment. To verify the actual transit status of your shipment, click on the tracking link below or contact Ten Club LLC directly."
Old 03-16-09, 06:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by beetyke
To all those who ordered it, shipping notifications started going out today. According to UPS, mine should arrive tomorrow!
Yep, sure did get my email as well today! Unfortunately, doesn't look like I'll be getting it tomorrow, but sometime this week is good enough for me!

A VBR mp3 rip of the deluxe edition hit the torrents this past weekend, so I decided to give it a preview while I wait for my super deluxe box to arrive....the O'Brien remix really sounds great to me! Slight disappointment that they went with the 10/23/90 version of "Just A Girl" instead of what I feel is the superior version that leaked on the Rarities Unreleased Cuts disc, but oh well, at least we have an official, mastered release of it....the demo version of "State Of Love And Trust" is fantastic though! It's slower, and really has a rougher, grungy guitar sound to it....the previously unheard anywhere "2000 Mile Blues" is pretty cool too, Mike is tearing it up on that one....

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.