Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Slipknot US Arena Headlining tour with Coheed and Cambria & Trivium

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Old 11-25-08, 02:39 AM
DVD Talk Hero

its on sliknot1.com so its legit
SLIPKNOT ANNOUNCES U.S. ARENA HEADLINE TOUR
November 24, 2008 0 Comments
BAND RETURNS HOME IN SUPPORT OF ALL HOPE IS GONE

2009 MARKS 10-YEAR ANNIVERSARY OF BAND'S LANDMARK DEBUT ALBUM

New York, NY - Grammy-award winning hard rockers Slipknot announced today their first U.S. headline tour in support of their #1 album All Hope Is Gone. The tour, which kicks off on January 23rd in St. Paul, MN, will hit 33 cities across the country, and include an historic stop at New York's Madison Square Garden, a first for the band. Coheed and Cambria and labelmates Trivium round out the bill.

Frontman Corey Taylor says of the trek, "2009 is the 10 year anniversary of the world's first taste of this band. To celebrate we are coming back out with a killer tour, a couple great bands and the same ferocity with which we attack life. We want all of our maggots to come and celebrate with us, because if it wasn't for you we wouldn't have been here for 10 years. Get ready for chaos!"

A special iTunes presale will start on December 3 and be open to those who took part in the band's digital album presale earlier this year. Internet presales via Ticketmaster, will commence on December 5, and the majority of dates will go on sale December 6th.

The All Hope Is Gone World Tour marks Slipknot's first headline run in America since the release of the album in August. The band is currently playing to sold out arenas on the other side of the globe; including stops in Russia, Japan, Australia, Europe and wrapping in the United Kingdom with three sold-out nights at London's Hammersmith Apollo.

Preceding All Hope Is Gone's #1 debut, the band held the headline slot on this summer's sold-out inaugural Rockstar Energy Mayhem Festival, which drew the biggest crowds to a metal festival since Slipknot played Ozzfest in 2004.

To celebrate the tour, Hard Drive, hosted by Lou Brutus will be airing a Slipknot All Hope is Gone World Tour Special from December 3rd-6th on radio stations all across the country. The special will feature exclusive live tracks from their current tour as well as candid interviews and other surprises.

The band has also launched a new website, allhopeisgone.com to coincide with the launch of the tour. All pre-sale and onsale information will be made available there.

The dates are as follows:

01/23/09- Xcel Energy Center - St. Paul, MN
01/24/09- Sprint Center - Kansas City, MO
01/25/09- Mid America Center - Council Bluffs, IA
01/27/09- Alliant Energy Center Memorial Coliseum - Madison, WI
01/28/09- Wells Fargo Arena - Des Moines, IA
01/30/09- Allstate Arena - Rosemont, IL
01/31/09- The Palace of Auburn Hills - Auburn Hills, MI
02/02/09- Peoria Civic Center - Peoria, IL
02/03/09- Pepsi Coliseum - Indianapolis, IN
02/05/09- Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
02/06/09- Tsongas Arena - Lowell, MA
02/07/09- Susquehanna Bank Center - Camden, NJ
02/09/09- Greensboro Coliseum Complex - Greensboro, NC
02/10/09- Cricket Arena - Charlotte, NC
02/11/09- Bi-Lo Center - Greenville, SC
02/13/09- 1st Mariner Arena - Baltimore, MD
02/14/09- Rupp Arena - Lexington, KY
02/15/09- Sommet Center - Nashville, TN
02/17/09- Gwinnett Center - Duluth, GA
02/18/09- UCF Arena - Orlando, FL
02/19/09- Pensacola Civic Center - Pensacola, FL
02/21/09- Concrete Street Amphitheater - Corpus Christi, TX
02/22/09- Nokia Theatre - Grand Prairie, TX
02/23/09- BOK Center - Tulsa, OK
02/26/09- Verizon Wireless Theater - Houston, TX
02/28/09- El Paso County Coliseum - El Paso, TX
03/01/09- Freeman Coliseum - San Antonio, TX
03/03/09- Denver Coliseum - Denver, CO
03/04/09- Tingley Coliseum - Albuquerque, NM
03/05/09- Jobing.com Arena - Glendale, AZ
03/07/09- The Forum - Inglewood, CA
03/08/09- Cox Arena - San Diego, CA
03/10/09- Citizens Business Bank Arena - Ontario, CA
03/11/09- ARCO Arena - Sacramento, CA

I don't like that they're touring with Coheed. I can tollerate them and what not, but i can see them getting booed on a good majority of these shows. Oh and also, isn't the Baltimore Arena consitered one of the worst places to have a show sound wise? (i refuse to call it the first mariner arena lol.)
Old 11-25-08, 09:17 PM

Looks like this will be my first show at the Baltimore Arena. I could do with out both opening bands though. Trivium is way better than CC.
Old 11-25-08, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by kmcrowl View Post
Looks like this will be my first show at the Baltimore Arena. I could do with out both opening bands though. Trivium is way better than CC.
Trivium is good, but better than Coheed? That's just your opinion.
Old 11-26-08, 01:43 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by StephenX View Post
Trivium is good, but better than Coheed? That's just your opinion.
Yes, if you don't have it yet, go out and get Shogun, Trivium's latest. Great metal CD, totally makes up for the Crusade
Old 11-26-08, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The only places they come even close to me is Camden and Baltimore and both venues suck balls!

Texas gets 5 shows, Cal gets 4 shows and Pennsylvania doesn't get dick!
Old 11-26-08, 09:34 PM

Thus continuing the trend of me moving just as concerts come to my area. Thanks god this will be my last move for at least 4 years.
Old 11-27-08, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Rypro 525 View Post
Yes, if you don't have it yet, go out and get Shogun, Trivium's latest. Great metal CD, totally makes up for the Crusade
I have it, and it is a great metal CD. Coheed is progressive rock, and my favorite band, so that is why I said that
Old 11-27-08, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Rypro 525 View Post
That's funny, I thought The Crusade was the only almost-tolerable thing Trivium has ever done.
Old 11-27-08, 08:54 PM

Not a big fan of progressive rock.
Old 11-30-08, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by kmcrowl View Post
Not a big fan of progressive rock.
You can safely attend this concert. Not a shred of prog to be found.
Old 12-01-08, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by Jason View Post
You can safely attend this concert. Not a shred of prog to be found.
Ignorant remark. Coheed is progressive rock. I thought I already said this?
Old 12-03-08, 10:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Ignorant remark. Coheed is progressive rock. I thought I already said this?
I'll agree with Jason. Saw C&C at Warped Tour a couple of years ago. Either they skipped their "progressive" tracks, or what people consider progressive has changed.

Anyway, I'll probably go see this tour when it rolls through Denver. The girlfriend has been wanting to see Slipknot, and they usually put on a decent show.
Old 12-04-08, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by mndtrp View Post
I'll agree with Jason. Saw C&C at Warped Tour a couple of years ago. Either they skipped their "progressive" tracks, or what people consider progressive has changed.
You shouldn't judge a band based on a five or six song set at a Warped Tour show. I encourage anyone who cares about listening to them (I realize probably not many here at DVDTalk) to check out "In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth:3," which is their most progressive and most CC fans agree, their absolute best album. Its a masterpiece.

And seriously, don't base the bands 'progressive-ness' on one set. Obviously a Warped Tour show is going to highlight their straight-ahead rock/metal sound.
Old 12-04-08, 08:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

And seriously, don't base the bands 'progressive-ness' on one set. Obviously a Warped Tour show is going to highlight their straight-ahead rock/metal sound.
Do you expect this to change with a 30 minute set sandwiched between two metal bands?
Old 12-05-08, 12:36 AM

Do you expect this to change with a 30 minute set sandwiched between two metal bands?
I just meant the band, not necessarily the set. But, touche.
Old 12-05-08, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I just meant the band, not necessarily the set. But, touche.
Fair enough. I'll also look into your recommendation...
Old 12-06-08, 12:25 PM

Fair enough. I'll also look into your recommendation...
Please do. Listen to the title track, and say, The Crowing all the way through. If you are open to different types of music and enjoy a non-traditional song composition, check them out. And honestly, the title track is one of my favorite songs of all time, its really epic in scope, and just a great song.

But yeah, let me know what you think, I'd love to hear your opinion. If you can get past Claudio's voice (ala Geddy Lee from Rush), I think you'll love the band.
Old 03-15-09, 03:05 AM

Re: Slipknot US Arena Headlining tour with Coheed and Cambria & Trivium

so i wen to this show last sunday.. it kicked so much ass! trivium was much better than i thought.. the crowd wasn't feeling coheed at all.. i like them they are one of my favorate bands.. man! i felt so bad for them.. it really wasn't there crowd at all.. i think even they knew it.. there was no chemestry at all with them as if they were just doing the show cause they had to.. i've seen coheed before and they were so much better.. as a matter of fact, i think they ended the set early due to the fact of the crickets that you could hear at the end of each song.. they only played for half hr.. trivium play for 45 minutes.. now slipknot kicked so much ass! from what i remember they only played two songs from the new album.. they didn't even play the title track.. who cares its slipknot and the show was bad ass!

Last edited by sergtv; 03-15-09 at 03:09 AM.
Old 03-15-09, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Ill agree. when i saw the show in feb, you could hear crickets during Coheed's set after songs. The only real energy people had for them was for "Welcome Home" and thats only cause of the Rock Band nerds who know that song inside and out. But yeah, Trivium is great live, hell i nearly blew my voice out after they were done. Slipknot was awesome. Oh and doin the Crazy Test in the pit was insane.
Old 03-15-09, 07:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I thought the entire show was awful. Trivium aren't able to handle a stage that big yet, although they did sound pretty good. Coheed was on the wrong tour. People were not into them at all. Slipknot, well, they were Slipknot. I blame the poor sound on the venue, not the band, but when Corey started talking shit about new up and coming bands, I'd had enough. The group I was with left, and I've decided I'm finished with Slipknot.

Terrible waste of two $50 tickets.