DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Music Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk-28/)
-   -   Hillary Duff samples "personal jesus" (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/543370-hillary-duff-samples-personal-jesus.html)

Rypro 525 11-10-08 02:16 AM

Hillary Duff samples "personal jesus"

i figured that some would find outrage in this
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mrgri-lc94U&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mrgri-lc94U&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
The line 'reach out and touch faith' is changed to 'reach out and touch me'. i'll be honest, i've heard much worse songs then this (and the video is pretty hot too. Oh and apparently there is a second "greatest hits" album of her's coming out tuesday, why,i have no idea.

Giantrobo 11-10-08 05:03 AM

Yeah it's actually not a bad song. I wouldn't buy any of her stuff, but I still like this.

atlantamoi 11-10-08 06:36 AM

After Mandy Moore's cover album nothing will surprise me anymore.

The Bus 11-10-08 04:08 PM

Up until today, I assumed the line was "Reach out and touch me"...

CrusaderU.2.K. 11-10-08 04:35 PM

People love to play around with Jesus name and use it in a wrong way. People think its cool , but its not. And people will be hold accountable for their actions. I never did pay attention to Hilary Duff and now i will continue to ignore her.

Groucho 11-10-08 04:37 PM

My personal Jesus got taken away by immigration. So I'll have to find a new guy to mow my lawn, I suppose.

SleepyW 11-10-08 04:45 PM

That's not sampling - that's using the entire original instrumental track for your whole song. People are so lazy anymore. Kind of like Simply Red's "Sunrise" using all of Hall and Oates "I Can't Go For That" to the point you think that's the actual song you're listening to.

Not a horrible song, and a decent video from horsemouth here, but sheesh - create your own music.

Hokeyboy 11-10-08 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by CrusaderU.2.K. (Post 9063692)
People love to play around with Jesus name and use it in a wrong way. People think its cool , but its not. And people will be hold accountable for their actions. I never did pay attention to Hilary Duff and now i will continue to ignore her.

Did wm lopez get a new account and a spellchecker? :confused:

wm lopez 11-10-08 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by Matt Millheiser (Post 9063815)

I have many accounts and many names.
It helps when making comments to avoid the racist label from posters.

Chrisedge 11-10-08 05:58 PM

I listened to most of it, and she never said Jesus. Typical that you would condemn her without knowing anything.

William Fuld 11-10-08 06:08 PM

Banning wm lopez for multiple accounts is like arresting Al Capone for tax evasion.

The Cow 11-10-08 06:42 PM

Care to try again??

Originally Posted by Lyrics
Hilary Duff - Reach Out Lyrics

From the minute that you walked right through the door
Thoughts were racing in my mind time to explore
I tell my friends that I just gotta have him
Don’t look now, cause I see you staring at him
Then my vision had him walked on in the sides …
On a mission, for position at the end of the night
“It’s like a crave, hey babe” said the hunter
You better run for it time to just surrender
& all I need is to feel you
All I want is to feel you

Reach out & touch me (that’s all I’ve gotta say)
Reach out & touch me (I got you baby)
I’m a diamond & you’re so on the money
Reach out & touch me
Reach out & touch me

Like a crib, one touch can take you there
Ain’t no one, you & me in a secret affair
& boy you kill me in the middle of nowhere
Tried to hurry back but I can’t control it
So if I’m flirtin’ … to you, see what the hell you doin’ ?
Grab your hand & pull you closer to me yeah
I’ll leave the doors open & look we’ll start to kissing
But you’re invited to my fantasy
all I want is to feel you

Reach out & touch me (Reach out & touch me baby) (that’s all I’ve got to say)
Reach out & touch me (I got you baby) (don’t you make me wait)
Reach out & touch me (Reach out & touch me)
Reach out & touch me (All I want is you)
Reach out & touch me (All I want is you)
Reach out & touch me
Reach out & touch me

Baby can’t you see how you’re affecting me
Baby sensual, physical, fantasy
Maybe, faith brought the two of close
don’t you wanna, don’t you wanna, don’t you wanna, don’t you wanna
Reach out & touch me

Reach out & touch me (Reach out & touch me baby) (that’s all I’ve got to say)
Reach out & touch me (I got you baby) (don’t you make me wait)
Reach out & touch me (Reach out & touch me)
Reach out & touch me

Rypro 525 11-10-08 06:43 PM

oh and apparently this verison of the video is "uncensored" because mtv didn't like the shots of her being tied up, and didn't like the shots with one finger in the mouth, so go figure.

EdTheRipper 11-10-08 07:05 PM

Damn...I don't know what happened to Hilary Duff but I like it. She's sexy as hell in this video.

The Bus 11-10-08 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by Groucho (Post 9063696)
My personal Jesus got taken away by immigration. So I'll have to find a new guy to mow my lawn, I suppose.

:lol: Cabrón.

mhg83 11-10-08 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by EdTheRipper (Post 9064021)
Damn...I don't know what happened to Hilary Duff but I like it. She's sexy as hell in this video.

Always great to see the innocent pop star transition into the slut pop star :thumbsup:

Rypro 525 11-10-08 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by mhg83 (Post 9064087)
Always great to see the innocent pop star transition into the slut pop star :thumbsup:

anyone wanna bet 2 or 3 years from now, Miley Cyrus will be the same way?

dx23 11-10-08 08:57 PM

http://www.dogma-movie.com/pics/chur...ges/bigguy.jpg

I'll hit it!

Originally Posted by Groucho (Post 9063696)

Originally Posted by The Bus (Post 9064042)
:lol: Cabrón.

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...hatsRacist.gif

rotfl

Giantrobo 11-10-08 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by EdTheRipper (Post 9064021)

Yump! But unlike Miley, HD was always an attractive girl. Now that she's "all growed up" and playin' the "sexy card"

-other-

Hokeyboy 11-10-08 09:21 PM

I'd buzz the brillo. :thumbsup:

Daytripper 11-10-08 09:23 PM

Um, this is more than "sampling". It's a blatant rip off. And hey, I'm all for giving Depeche Mode more props. They are my favorite band. But, sadly, they don't get the respect or recognition they deserve. And are still considered just a cult band. Even though they continue to sell out arenas. But this song is a rip off of "Personal Jesus"....period. And I doubt it'll ever see the top 10. Let alone the top 40. Hilary's popularity is a thing of the past.

Numanoid 11-10-08 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by The Bus (Post 9063615)
Up until today, I assumed the line was "Reach out and touch me"...

Well, there goes the crack I was going to make about how Duff probably thinks that these are the right words.

Numanoid 11-10-08 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by SleepyW (Post 9063717)
That's not sampling - that's using the entire original instrumental track for your whole song. People are so lazy anymore. Kind of like Simply Red's "Sunrise" using all of Hall and Oates "I Can't Go For That" to the point you think that's the actual song you're listening to.

Not a horrible song, and a decent video from horsemouth here, but sheesh - create your own music.

Started, AFAIK, with the Sugababes <s>desecrating</s> mashing up Gary Numan's "Are 'Friends' Electric?" for their UK #1 hit "Freak Like Me":

The original:

Josh-da-man 11-10-08 10:09 PM

I always thought the original Depeche Mode lyrics were "Reach out and touch me," too.

CrusaderU.2.K. 11-11-08 02:09 AM

Originally Posted by Matt Millheiser (Post 9063815)

Believe me if you knew who i was, you would know that none of my aliases is wm lopez.

Anyways, if this song has nothing to do with Jesus, why use the name?
What is the song about?