Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

GUNS N' ROSES: "Chinese Democracy" -11/23/08

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Old 10-18-08, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 211 Likes on 184 Posts

Best Buy Posts 'Chinese Democracy' Track List

The track list for Guns N' Roses' "Chinese Democracy" is now up on an inactive pre-order page at Best Buy, which will release the album exclusively in the United States on Nov. 23. A small album cover image also appears there.

In typical dramatic fashion, the first noise one hears on the album is a blood-curdling Axl Rose scream, according to multiple sources who've heard it.

Of the 14 songs, 11 have either been played live or leaked online in the decade-plus since Guns N' Roses began work on "Chinese Democracy." The only three unfamiliar tracks are "Scraped," "Sorry" and "Prostitute," while a song originally known as "The Blues" appears to have been renamed "Street of Dreams."

Before "Chinese Democracy" hits stores, GNR's seminal 1987 debut, "Appetite for Destruction," will be reissued on vinyl on Oct. 28 via Interscope.

Here is the track list for "Chinese Democracy":

"Chinese Democracy"
"Scraped"
"Shackler's Revenge"
"Street Of Dreams"
"If The World"
"Better"
"This I Love"
"There Was A Time"
"Riad N' The Bedovins"
"Sorry"
"I.R.S."
"Catcher"
"Madagascar"
"Prostitute"

BILLBOARD.com
Old 10-18-08, 11:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 211 Likes on 160 Posts
As a huge fan of the GNR during it's heyday, it's sad this band is calling themselves Guns N Roses. It should be renamed Axl Rose and Company. As far as the release of the album goes, I will believe it when I walk into Best Buy and see it sitting on their shelves.
Old 10-18-08, 11:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If this actually comes out, the only thing saving us from the apocalypse is the release of "Duke Nukem Forever"
Old 10-19-08, 12:28 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Sonny Corinthos
As a huge fan of the GNR during it's heyday, it's sad this band is calling themselves Guns N Roses. It should be renamed Axl Rose and Company.
I've bought exactly one actual CD in the last 2 1/2 years (and that was just at a show so I had something to get signed), but I'll be buying this one on release day. I do believe it'll be out on November 23 or 25 or whatever it is.

As soon as I get home, I'm ripping it to my hard drive, and as soon as I do that, I'm changing the artist from "Guns N' Roses" to "The Axl Rose Band" or some such. No way this is gonna be mixed in with Appetite and the other old stuff in iTunes and on my iPod.

And I do believe that the used CD shops will already be drowning in copies of this record just a week or two after Thanksgiving.
Old 10-19-08, 04:32 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,677 Likes on 1,847 Posts
Originally Posted by UAIOE
If this actually comes out, the only thing saving us from the apocalypse is the release of "Duke Nukem Forever"
There's still Harlan Ellison's "Last Dangerous Visions" anthology.

Thirty-five years and counting...
Old 10-19-08, 06:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Most of these songs have leaked.. did Axl just give up? I mean he was so secretive and delaying this project before.. man. Kind of disappointing.
Old 10-19-08, 08:54 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I think I read somewhere (blabbermouth?) that Best Buy had it up for pre-order, then took down the option to pre-order it. Not a good sign...

edit: here's the link
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...sitemID=107096

Last edited by nodeerforamonth; 10-19-08 at 09:08 AM.
Old 10-19-08, 10:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Not. going. to. happen.
Old 10-20-08, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
The best thing Axl can do is get this record into stores and then follow it up several months (not years) later with a sparsely produced rock record. It's his only chance. I've always hated GnR but I'm strangely pulling for him at this point. How odd.
Old 10-20-08, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

So, where is my Dr. Pepper?
Old 10-20-08, 10:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts
Those are some shitty song titles.
Old 10-20-08, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I'll buy it and listen to it knowing it'll never sound anything like old GNR. That's like buying a Metallica CD today and thinking it'll sound like their original quadrilogy of ass-kickery (Death Magnetic not withstanding). In any case, if it's good then it's good. I'm not expecting much.
Old 10-21-08, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First single hits airwaves tomorrow:

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/..._id=1003876113

Can't wait to walk into Best Buy and actually buy a copy a month from now....and hear the three new songs!
Old 10-21-08, 11:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by WMAangel
Can't wait to walk into Best Buy and actually buy a copy a month from now....and hear the three new songs!
Don't get your hopes up... Just because Best Buy said it will come out "a month from now", doesn't mean it will.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...sitemID=107356

"BestBuy.com will exclusively carry "Chinese Democracy" in the U.S. starting on November 23. A pre-order page for the long-delayed release was posted at the site on Wednesday (October 15), although the pre-order option was later taken off. ...
There has still not been an official announcement regarding the November 23 arrival date for the record. "
Old 10-22-08, 02:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 700 Likes on 571 Posts
will it retail for $9.99 at best buy?

I checked and it was $13.99 and I hope that price decreases in Nov

the album artwork looks awful

a basket on a bike?

that is beyond lame.
Old 10-22-08, 02:56 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

People still care about this ????
Old 10-22-08, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The song from this CD that is in Rock Band 2 is absolutely HORRIBLE. Shackler's revenge. OMG that song sucks.
Old 10-22-08, 09:43 AM

Stream of the first single, "Chinese Democracy":

http://www.q1043.com/pages/news/gunsnroses/
Old 10-22-08, 12:18 PM

man I find that song embarassingly bad.
Old 10-22-08, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
available again for pre order from best buy...
Old 10-22-08, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts
That song is crap.
Old 10-22-08, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Press release from Best Buy/Geffen:

MINNEAPOLIS, October 22, 2008 – Best Buy and Geffen Records announced that one of the most highly anticipated albums of all time, Guns N’ Roses’ Chinese Democracy, will be available beginning Nov. 23 at Best Buy and BestBuy.com on CD, vinyl, and digital downloads. The title track, the first single from the album, was released to radio today, October 22. Chinese Democracy is the first album of new material from one of rock’s most influential bands since the 1991 simultaneous releases of Use Your Illusion I and Use Your Illusion II.

“The release of Chinese Democracy marks a historic moment in rock n’ roll,” said co-managers Irving Azoff and Andy Gould. “We’re launching with a monumental campaign developed by Gary Arnold and the Best Buy team that matches the groundbreaking sound of the album itself. Guns N’ Roses fans have every reason to celebrate, for this is only the beginning.”

“Chinese Democracy is one of the most highly anticipated albums in music history, and Best Buy is thrilled to deliver this explosive and previously elusive release to Guns N’ Roses fans. Longtime fans will be rewarded for their patience and loyalty to this great band, while a new generation of fans will be blown away,” said Gary Arnold, Senior Entertainment Officer for Best Buy. “Axl Rose is one of the most dynamic and gifted writers and performers in modern music. Best Buy is excited to work with Axl to make the release of Chinese Democracy THE musical event of 2008!”

“Guns N’ Roses is THE premier American rock band,” commented Steve Berman, President, Sales and Marketing, Interscope Geffen A&M Records. “Partnering with Gary and everyone at Best Buy to release one of rock’s most anticipated and legendary albums is truly a moment in music history. We’re thrilled to be able to announce that Chinese Democracy is coming, it’s coming this year, and it’s coming to Best Buy.”

Produced by Axl Rose and Caram Costanzo, the album, which will be released on Black Frog/Geffen Records, includes 14 tracks. “Shackler’s Revenge” debuted September 14 through the Rock Band 2 videogame and “If The World” can be heard in the film Body Of Lies, which premiered on October 11.

Chinese Democracy is being released in three formats: CD, Vinyl LP (with a free digital download of the tracks), and as a digital album. Pre-orders at www.BestBuy.com/chinesedemocracy begin today.
Old 10-22-08, 03:19 PM
FuQ

Originally Posted by greg9x
People still care about this ????
Wow...I didn't realize that if you aren't interested then none of us should. Keep your comments to yourself.
Old 10-22-08, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by FuQ
Wow...I didn't realize that if you aren't interested then none of us should. Keep your comments to yourself.

It is OK man.
Old 10-22-08, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

heard the single today on XM....ouch just bad and generic sounding. I'd rather spend the money on buying remastered copies of the older albums.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.