Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Madonna- Sticky & Sweet Tour

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Madonna- Sticky & Sweet Tour

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-08, 09:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tour kicks off this saturday (10/4) in NJ
Old 09-30-08, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by ChristopherS
Have you seen her at US indoor shows before? No one sits at the NYC shows and I doubt they will start this tour.
Isn't it amazing to read the constant moaning of fans on the web only to go to a show and see an arena or stadium full of people who won't even sit for a ballad? Something's a little off! Glad you enjoyed your shows.
Yes, this tour has been my first Stadium experience. Festive as it was, I prefer the indoor thing. The only thing I have not liked is I'm always around people who want to sit! I get all my tickets as close to the stage and I really dislike being in Row 12 or 8 on the floor and someone asking you to sit. On Confessions Tour, I was in Paris at the indoor Bercy Arena and we were in Row 13 in the loge next to the stage and we were asked to sit by the people behind us...even during the danceable songs! I couldn't believe it because Paris is known to be Madonna fanatics. Here's a photo during MUSIC. Notice everyone else standing but us. It's just my bad luck and I'm totally expecting it in Oakland even though I'm in Row 9 on the floor, lol.
Can't wait though, it's a fantastic show.

Old 09-30-08, 06:38 PM

Wow that's so strange, at all the MSG shows I've been to in NYC the whole place stands the entire show- even ballads and video interludes! I assumed she got similar reaction everywhere else.
Old 09-30-08, 10:00 PM

Wow that's so strange, at all the MSG shows I've been to in NYC the whole place stands the entire show- even ballads and video interludes! I assumed she got similar reaction everywhere else.
ive seen her on recent tours in philly, chicago, toronto, and every NYC show... i only had 1 bad experience in toronto for re-invention tour- peeps were sitting and yelling at people for standing

you will not see people on the floor sitting in chicago or nyc at all
Old 10-01-08, 09:58 AM

She does, pretty much - but I'm just unlucky (I'm also over 6' and I always get the most petite people behind me. It's a curse!). I have noticed that many, many festive fans are seated in the less-expensive areas (for many reasons, I'm sure: economy, number of shows attending, ect).
Cool thing about the stadiums: standing and dancing the whole time! I like the new show. In Rome (talk about festive, fun audience) the whole stadium was lively as far as the eye could see.
In Paris, I was standing ticket again and looked behind me at the seated section (with all the VIPs including Naomi Campbell, Gaultier, ect) and about 80% was seated even during the dance-y songs.
Here's a few pics I took:

Wembley London Fans lined up

The star of the show:

The stage behing taken down:

Last edited by wago70; 10-01-08 at 10:00 AM.
Old 10-01-08, 02:14 PM

nice pics... please post more if u have them!
Old 10-01-08, 04:26 PM

Apparently Live Nation has started full refunds for people in the problem area at Wembly.
Old 10-02-08, 10:27 AM

More Wembley pics

Old 10-02-08, 10:29 AM

Old 10-02-08, 10:32 AM

Paris stage and crowds:

Arriving minutes before the show and wondering where to stand...

2nd show, filled to capacity.
Old 10-02-08, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I don't understand why anyone sits at concerts unless it's a Barbra Streisand type of show which is a more formal type of affair. You should stand at a rock or pop concert because a concert is about having fun and letting loose
Old 10-07-08, 10:02 PM

Went last night and was blown away, as usual. She's doing some of her best work 25 years into her career. It's really astonishing.
Confessions is my favorite Madonna tour and I'm not sure yet if I like this one more or less... will have to let it sink in. Favorite performance was Devil Wouldn't Recognize You. Really beautiful to see live. As usual there was so much to take in I was exhausted just watching. How does she do it? Had good view with $99 tickets and got more than my moneys worth.
I wouldn't want to see this at a stadium unless I was up front. I can see why there were issues in Europe. IMO stadiums are for rock shows where you can be happy just listening to the live music. Madonna sounded great but the visuals and interaction are obviously a big part of the show.
Old 10-07-08, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by nothingfails
I don't understand why anyone sits at concerts unless it's a Barbra Streisand type of show which is a more formal type of affair. You should stand at a rock or pop concert because a concert is about having fun and letting loose

Madonna even said last night, "I want everyone standing this isn't a Barbra Streisand show!"

I've seen better NYC audiences for Madonna but they did stand the whole night.
Old 10-08-08, 01:34 PM

Went last night and was blown away, as usual. She's doing some of her best work 25 years into her career. It's really astonishing.
Confessions is my favorite Madonna tour and I'm not sure yet if I like this one more or less... will have to let it sink in. Favorite performance was Devil Wouldn't Recognize You. Really beautiful to see live. As usual there was so much to take in I was exhausted just watching. How does she do it? Had good view with $99 tickets and got more than my moneys worth.
I wouldn't want to see this at a stadium unless I was up front. I can see why there were issues in Europe. IMO stadiums are for rock shows where you can be happy just listening to the live music. Madonna sounded great but the visuals and interaction are obviously a big part of the show.

i too saw this show on saturday in NJ and was pretty impressed. I need to see it a couple more times to truly enjoy it as the night flew by wayyy too quickly. I also saw it from the front row on the catwalk so i didn't really get to appreciate the screens much. by the way, i really disliked Hard Candy until I saw the show. Heartbeat, She's Not Me, and Beat Goes On were all highlights for me. My favorite performance of the night was Like A Prayer.

here are a couple of my videos:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mhl55AwhUPI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mhl55AwhUPI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CwTV4KBVS0k&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CwTV4KBVS0k&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Old 10-11-08, 09:07 PM

Awesome vids! Now - how does one do a concert like this without having a coronary on stage??????
Old 10-12-08, 11:24 PM

Saturday's show at MSG was even better than Monday's. Madonna was out of control. Pharrell joined her on stage for a couple of numbers, Madonna dedicated You Must Love Me to Lourdes, who turned 12 that day, and handed the mic to Kelli Rippa in the audience during Give It 2 Me. Madonna was in a great and wild mood and the audience went nuts the whole time. Best Madonna show I have ever been to and one of the best nights of my life. When I went to Confessions Tour a 2nd time, I was a little bit less interested. She had me as or more captivated the 2nd time around this tour. Normally each tour has moments I can live without, this tour grabbed me from beginning to end. Again, I think my $99 tickets were a STEAL. Every tour since 2001 I say there is no way, at her age, the next one can be more energetic, and she keeps toping herself!
Old 10-15-08, 09:44 PM
Cool New Member

I was at the New Jersey October 4th show, and was five seats away from the right side of the center stage. When I got to my seat, I was suddenly fearful that I wouldn't last the night with my brain intact. I'd never been that close to Madonna before and I made sure to let her know my appreciation for her the whole night. I was close enough to see the gap in her teeth. Freaking unreal.

I also did October 11 and 12 at MSG. I enjoyed October 12th more, because I was stuck in a section full of dead weight on the 11th (not on the floor). I pretty much showed them up the whole night, even though the girl next to me was shooting odd looks my way every so often (yeah, I was the one with the problem obviously).

October 12th was soooooo good though. Better crowd and I think Madonna pushed further that night. I smacked my knee during 'Give It 2 Me'.

Shame about the events of today. I hope the Boston crowds throw a whole lotta love her way.
Old 10-16-08, 12:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 290 Likes on 211 Posts
Shame about the events of today. I hope the Boston crowds throw a whole lotta love her way.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry, but why? Given all the stories that are leaking, wouldn't it seem SHE was the one that ended the marriage? Especially given her "so-called" relationship with A-Rod. That has also resurfaced. I know I'm gonna catch shit for this in this thread, but how about throwing some love Guy Ritchie's way. And maybe A-Rod's wife. They deserve it. She certainly doesn't.
Old 10-16-08, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Daytripper
Shame about the events of today. I hope the Boston crowds throw a whole lotta love her way.

I'm sorry, but why? Given all the stories that are leaking, wouldn't it seem SHE was the one that ended the marriage? Especially given her "so-called" relationship with A-Rod. That has also resurfaced. I know I'm gonna catch shit for this in this thread, but how about throwing some love Guy Ritchie's way. And maybe A-Rod's wife. They deserve it. She certainly doesn't.[/QUOTE]

Seriously? You know for a fact that those stories, which is exactly what they are for all you know, are true? If not, and you have no proof, then you really have no idea. In fact, none of us know the true story, and likely won't. I can't stand people who make judgments based upon gossip. They really are no better than those who start it.
Old 10-16-08, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by MadonnasManOne
I'm sorry, but why? Given all the stories that are leaking, wouldn't it seem SHE was the one that ended the marriage? Especially given her "so-called" relationship with A-Rod. That has also resurfaced. I know I'm gonna catch shit for this in this thread, but how about throwing some love Guy Ritchie's way. And maybe A-Rod's wife. They deserve it. She certainly doesn't.
Seriously? You know for a fact that those stories, which is exactly what they are for all you know, are true? If not, and you have no proof, then you really have no idea. In fact, none of us know the true story, and likely won't. I can't stand people who make judgments based upon gossip. They really are no better than those who start it.[/QUOTE]

I just knew one of her fans would respond like this. Did I say it was a fact? I said it would SEEM like she ended it given all of the events. Whether you want to ignore them or not. You just can't stand the fact that someone has anything to say untoward about her.
Old 10-16-08, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just knew one of her fans would respond like this. Did I say it was a fact? I said it would SEEM like she ended it given all of the events. Whether you want to ignore them or not. You just can't stand the fact that someone has anything to say untoward about her.
Right. Trust me, I'm used to people saying "untoward" things about her. I've been a fan since she first came onto the scene. If I just couldn't stand someone saying "untoward" things about her, I wouldn't be reading this thread. Trust me, you have no idea what you are talking about. With regards to Madonna, or to me.
Old 10-16-08, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by MadonnasManOne
Right. Trust me, I'm used to people saying "untoward" things about her. I've been a fan since she first came onto the scene. If I just couldn't stand someone saying "untoward" things about her, I wouldn't be reading this thread. Trust me, you have no idea what you are talking about. With regards to Madonna, or to me.
LOL! You're a trip.
Old 10-16-08, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

LOL! You're a trip.
Yep!
Old 10-16-08, 09:15 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
anyone know if one of the shows from this tour is going to be released in video form (i.e, cable or retail)?
Old 10-16-08, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Giles
anyone know if one of the shows from this tour is going to be released in video form (i.e, cable or retail)?
brazil is rumoured to be filmed and broadcast locally.

a dvd & blu-ray release is demanded by the millions of fans obviously, but Warner/Live Nation have not proven themselves to release what the fans want. we are STILL waiting for re-invention tour DVD/blu-ray/broadcast/whatever 5 years later.

Last night in boston, she did American Life as the request.

Tonight, the request is going to be a surprise.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.