Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Help me figure out this band

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-08, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You guys are going to be pissed at me for doing this because I don't know the band name, the song or any lyrics. However, you all are musical geniuses so here goes.

About 2 months ago I was listening to the local Hard Rock radio station on my way home and the DJ comes on and says "Hey I just had band ______ in the studio last week and they're great guys. Here's their latest song...."

I tried to remember some lyrics but completely forgot what they were. All I remember was that the band's name was something like Ten Years Gone. I distinctly remember thinking, "Hey, that's like the Zeppelin song." I then promptly forgot about the song until last weekend when the I actually heard the Zeppelin song and was reminded of the band. Unfortunately I can't find any reference to a band called Ten Years Gone. There is a Ten Years After, but they played at Woodstock and I don't think they're releasing modern rock songs now

I'm fairly certain the band's name was of the format: Number Word Word and I'm fairly certain the number was 10 but I could be wrong.

The song was modern rock, maybe melodic rockish. Not the kind of thing that would get played on Alternative radio. I got the impression that it was an album/song that was released in the past year though. It's also probably not a big hit song or anything because the radio station doesn't normally play them as far as I can tell. Anybody have any clues? My googling skills are failing me so far.
Old 09-09-08, 07:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts
Three Doors Down?
Old 09-09-08, 07:54 PM
Premium Member

Received 695 Likes on 465 Posts
Might as well throw out some bands with numbers, I guess, and see if anything hits.

Three Days Grace
Five Finger Death Punch
Finger Eleven
10 Years (you sure it's not this one?)
30 Seconds to Mars
2 Ton Predator
16 Volt
Three Dog Night
Old 09-09-08, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The power of DVDTalk comes through again.

The band is Ten Years. The song I heard was "Beautiful":

http://video.universalrepublic.com/?...15766713&aid=0

I'm wondering if I misheard the band name as 10 Years Beautiful or something. Thanks a bunch Cow!