Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

most hated band/artist

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

most hated band/artist

Old 07-27-08, 02:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hate the fucking Eagles. Nuff said.
Old 07-30-08, 12:31 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The Beastie Boys-

I never could stand them. I will admit that they are probably more talented than some people give them credit for (some of their stuff on Paul's Boutique was fairly impressive, imo), but they have just always grated on my nerves for some reason.

Radiohead- I just don't "get it", I guess, but I have always found their stuff irksome.

Nickelback- too easy

As for the Eagles, who I've seen mentioned a couple times in this thread, I personally like a lot of their stuff quite a bit. I can definitely see how some people could hate them, though.

Last edited by SexualPudding; 07-30-08 at 12:34 AM.
Old 07-30-08, 12:38 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I haven't mentioned my hate of Whitney Houston and Celine Dion in a while. Might as well restate the fact in this thread.

As for bands, the last one to really irk me was Yellowcard, but I've got no clue if they're still around.
Old 07-30-08, 01:47 AM

The Velvet Underground is my most hated band of all-time.
Funny enough, the one song I like by them is the 17-minute epic "Sister Ray"
Also funny enough, some of my favorite bands ever are influenced by TVU (e.g., Television)
Old 07-30-08, 01:47 AM

Originally Posted by joeee
I hate the fucking Eagles. Nuff said.
Hear hear!
Old 07-30-08, 01:59 AM

Originally Posted by Tscott
I haven't mentioned my hate of Whitney Houston and Celine Dion in a while. Might as well restate the fact in this thread.

As for bands, the last one to really irk me was Yellowcard, but I've got no clue if they're still around.
You forgot about Mariah Carey. Blerch. She's all tits and teeth! Vile.
Old 07-30-08, 02:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by redhenry
ever since I saw a side-by-side picture of a really bloated Mariah and Brenda from the movie Slither, I can't look at Mariah without laughing and thinking about her getting so fat she explodes
Old 07-30-08, 07:19 AM

Mariah gets a pass for having a semi-decent debut album and a ridiculously great Christmas album (seriously). Otherwise I'd agree with you.
Old 07-30-08, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by SexualPudding
Radiohead- I just don't "get it", I guess, but I have always found their stuff irksome.
100% agree...I simply don't understand the infatuation people have with this band. There are plenty of better, more interesting British bands IMO than these guys. I even bought the recent "best-of" and, with few exceptions, STILL understand what the greatness is all about....same with Coldplay, really
Old 08-03-08, 01:42 AM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Received 858 Likes on 608 Posts
^^
I won't go as far as saying I hate radiohead, but like you guys, I guess I just don't get what's so special about them. Tell a radiohead fan that you hate them though. It's fun to get the reactions

I'll also say Nickelback. They're from my province, so I've put up with their lameness from the beginning.

Celine Dion. I just don't get the 'chest pounding'... Also, she shares my birthday.
Old 08-03-08, 08:49 AM
Banned

kid rock ,
Old 08-03-08, 10:25 AM

radiohead
coldplay
nickelback
every single "the" band - the who, the rolling stones, the white stripes.. i fucking hate "the" bands...
Kings of Leon
My Morning Jacket
Old 08-03-08, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 348 Likes on 294 Posts
Pink

I can't stand Pink.

I use to dread the NBC Sunday Night Football theme when she did the theme music.
Old 08-05-08, 02:11 AM

daddy yankee!!!
Old 08-05-08, 03:24 AM

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by oppie1
every single "the" band - the who, the rolling stones, the white stripes.. i fucking hate "the" bands...
Old 08-05-08, 08:26 AM

Now you're just being silly.

If you had said, "every single "number" band - Matchbox 20, Blink 182, Three Doors Down.." I might have gone along with you.

But not "The". The Clash???
Old 08-05-08, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by sergtv
daddy yankee!!!
i can't stand him. One of my friends used to blare that 'gasolina' song, which used to annoy the shit out of me. but i surprisingly can stand this song
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HjK25nXQJY4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HjK25nXQJY4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Old 08-05-08, 09:42 PM

You must totally despise "The The" !!!!
Old 08-05-08, 09:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 524 Likes on 319 Posts
You must totally despise "The The" !!!!
AHA!! Anti-Semitism!!!
Old 08-06-08, 05:08 PM
Suspended

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by nothingfails
it was back when there were a lot of debates going on about whether Madonna was worthy of the Hall Of Fame or not. And personally, I thought that assumption was rather homophobic because pop music is generally huge amongst gay men, who generally have no shame in wearing their love for Madonna, Cher, Britney (well, not me lol), ABBA, Cyndi Lauper, Justin Timberlake, etc etc etc... on their sleeve.
My brother is gay and doesn't listen to these artists(though his partner does).
He is an Yngwie Malmsteen fan.Twice I have taken him to see Iron Maiden.
Old 08-06-08, 05:15 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by naitram
Amen brother...and I don't even know who "Coldplay" is.

I'll second Aerosmith though. I may have tolerated them at some younger point in my life, but no more!
I always thought that rehab was supposed to be good for a person.It seems to have had the reverse effect on Aerosmith.Once they sobered up,they lost their balls and forgot how to rock.
I mean,compare Back In The Saddle Again to that awful awful Armageddon song.
Old 08-06-08, 05:18 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by macnorton
Little bro and I were talking about this a few days ago. Although him and I looked at to why these artists are hated.

Nirvana - MTV ruined them and the funny thing is, according to little bro, any true music fan likes In Utero more than Nevermind. I tend to agree.

Limp Bizkit - They started out decent, and Significant Other was the beginning of the end. Little bro and I felt the production on SO was much slicker and it proved Fred Durst had ZERO talent and it was a fluke that these guys became a hit.

At the Drive In/The Mars Volta/Sparta - This was the interesting part of the discussion. We both agreed Sparta sucks. But we differed on the other two. Little bro feels ATDI could have been the next big thing...I felt they tried to be a "punk" version of Rage Against the Machine and they weren't very good at it. I feel Mars Volta could be the next big thing, but they are too weird for the public at large. Little bro felt they were too much like Zep to be anything more than a novelty act.

Eminem - We both felt this guy gets a bad rap because of how he came up. When he is Slim Shady (IE all the pop stuff he does) it sucks. When you listen to some of the deeper stuff he does (like the 8 Mile soundtrack), things start to get interesting. But the public at large doesn't give a shit about a deep album cut. MTV and top 40 plays him non-stop and it is hard to take the guy seriously after that.

Kiss - Little bro and I grew up around all things Kiss as kids. And we came to the conclusion that Kiss was a great live act that sucked in the studio (although the non-makeup ear stuff tends to play better studio wise). But the problem is, they whored themselves out and became a joke, because everything feels like a cash in. Also when you spell it Ki$$, it tell you everything you need to know.

All rap music - This one goes a bit deeper. I had posted before in another thread, one has to be able to make the distinction between rap and hip hop. Rap is the top 40 Hot 97 bullshit that is force fed to the public. Hip hop is something that has major artist merit because it is outside the box, either musically or lyrically. So for example, 50 Cent, rap. Common, hip hop. That being said, rap hits this list because you are "hot" for a moment and that is it. Once you find the winning formula, it rarely deviates. It is lot like the bands in the 80's, same sound, different name. I came to this conclusion when I heard the new Nelly song on iTunes. It sounds like all his other hits. Sorry dude, Country Grammar is so summer of 2000.
I can not stand Nirvana either.
Calling a rapper an "artist" is like calling Rachel Ray a great chef.
Old 08-06-08, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by Matt Millheiser
AHA!! Anti-Semitism!!!
Sorry. I don't get the connection. Is Matt Johnson jewish or something?
Old 08-06-08, 06:32 PM

radiohead
Kings of Leon
My Morning Jacket
Wow. You better hope that you never find yourself on a roadtrip with me.
Old 08-06-08, 06:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 524 Likes on 319 Posts
Sorry. I don't get the connection. Is Matt Johnson jewish or something?
I was just bored.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.