Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

new Mellencamp cd, Life, Death, Love & Freedom

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-08, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anyone else hear it yet? To be honest, after first listen I'd rank it among my biggest disappointments of 2008 besides Sheryl Crow and Madonna.

Freedom's Road was the best work he'd put out in almost 20 years, even though the album was unfortunately overshadowed by the Chevy commercials which used "Our Country" (which wasn't close to the best song off the album), so my expectations were really high. I admit I was doing housework while giving it my first listen but nothing off the album really stood out and begged for my attention the way the last album was just loaded with powerful song after song. Of course, first listens to an album are never the best listen since albums always improve once you let them grow on you, but "Freedom's Road" was such a home run from the first time I heard it that this seems very disappointing in comparison.

Any other Mellencamp fans here, and what is your opinion on the album?