Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Nine Inch Nails: Ghosts I-IV

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Nine Inch Nails: Ghosts I-IV

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-08, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Since I already gave Trent my $10 plus shipping and couldn't get the download to work, I obtained it through other means. Only a few tracks in so far but it's great.
Old 03-03-08, 08:45 PM

my paid for download also crapped out... will try again if / when they ever get it fixed... kinda frustrating!
Old 03-03-08, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
I grabbed this from Amazon for $5.
Old 03-03-08, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Unfortunately, the Ghosts I-IV site is down for the next few hours for maintenance.

We quietly released this album last night without any warning, and without any press. Because we know how devoted our fans are, we planned for an overwhelming response, and expected heavy traffic. To our surprise, the traffic was more than three times what we anticipated, and has only been getting heavier throughout the day. The response has been absolutely phenomenal, and we couldn't be happier, but our servers have taken a beating, causing numerous problems with the download site. Our developers, who have been working non-stop to combat the surge of traffic, feel that taking the site down for a few hours to fix some crucial issues is the best way to get things running smoothly again. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

While the site is down, you can still purchase the complete Ghosts I-IV here from Amazon's MP3 store for only $5. The MP3s are high quality and DRM-free. You can also order the deluxe and limited edition packages from Artist in Residence.

If you're familiar with BitTorrent, you can download Ghosts I, the first of the four volumes, for free, from our official upload at The Pirate Bay.

If you ordered a download and have not yet been able to retrieve it or have experienced any technical difficulties with the download, your download link will work as soon as the site returns.

Thanks again for the amazing support, and your continuing patience. Watch nin.com for updates during the downtime.
Old 03-03-08, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you ordered a download and have not yet been able to retrieve it or have experienced any technical difficulties with the download, your download link will work as soon as the site returns.
I hope so! Mine actually started though and I got 500kbs!
Old 03-03-08, 09:30 PM

Call me crazy -- I'm not even a NIN fan, but I'm thinking about buying this just to support the effort. Started to pull the trigger on Amazon, but if there are lossless versions on the band's site, I'll wait until they get their issues worked out.
Old 03-03-08, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think Trent is going about this in a really smart way. Give people a free taste of the music (25% of the whole album to be exact) and offer a number of different formats for various levels of fans and various budgets. $5 for 2 hours of DRM free music, or $10 for the downloadable album plus a physical copy of the discs. Then for the more hardcore fans, there's the deluxe or uber editions.

I like having a physical copy of my music, especially for a band I really like (such as NIN). You can't beat $10 for a 2-disc album plus the digital download. For those who don't care about having physical media, you can save $5 and still get the same music. And since Trent is not working with a label, he'll be making much more money in the end while charging the consumer less. This is exactly the sort of thing I want to support, and like rmorgan said, I'd drop $5 to show my support of the concept even if I wasn't a big fan of the band.
Old 03-03-08, 11:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by rmorgan
Call me crazy -- I'm not even a NIN fan, but I'm thinking about buying this just to support the effort. Started to pull the trigger on Amazon, but if there are lossless versions on the band's site, I'll wait until they get their issues worked out.
I hope you enjoy it.
Old 03-04-08, 06:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by rmorgan
Call me crazy -- I'm not even a NIN fan, but I'm thinking about buying this just to support the effort.
That's kind of the boat I'm in. I'm not a huge fan but I do like some of Trent's stuff. I figured I'd plunk down the $5 because I like the idea of more bands doing this.
Old 03-04-08, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

03 March 2008: WE ARE BACK!

The new Nine Inch Nails record is available RIGHT NOW! (for real this time)

Sorry again about the hassle. Somebody kicked the plug out of our internets, but we're all set now.
I'll try to download the FLAC this evening if it's still up and running.
Old 03-04-08, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Worked for me at 6am (est) (after obtaining it at the Bay).
Old 03-04-08, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I paid $10 for the physical CD and downloaded the LAME files this morning. I'm about 1/3 of the way through and so far, so good. I've been really into ambient soundscape music lately (such as Sunn O))), Steve Moore, Zombi and Ulver) so this is another great addition to that collection.

Anyone know if there are track names yet? Or are the tracks all going to be left untitled?
Old 03-04-08, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

same link is working for me now. Looking forward to this!

Hope we can get a review of the Blu Ray someday.
Old 03-04-08, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

My download crapped out about an hour ago...and it won't restart. I've emailed...I figured if I waited until I had time to listen to it (today) it would have died down a bit. Guess I was wrong...
Old 03-04-08, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts
Originally Posted by MBoyd
same link is working for me now. Looking forward to this!

Hope we can get a review of the Blu Ray someday.
Suprmallet, the HD editor here, has stated in the HD section he intends to order the Blu-Ray version, so I'm sure we'll get his feedback.

I already paid the $10 for the CD, but if I like it enough I may order the Blu-Ray as well.
Old 03-04-08, 06:21 PM

the limited edition (2500) ultra deluxe version that comes autographed for $300.00...

is SOLD OUT!!!
Old 03-04-08, 08:10 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,184 Likes on 836 Posts
So...

Who wants to compare NIN collections?
Old 03-04-08, 08:23 PM
Banned

I downloaded the free stuff to check it out, expecting to buy the rest immediately upon hearing the hrad-hitting techno-metal of NIN....but these songs all sucked and sounded like "jam sessions". My wife completely agreed, and she's a total Trent-head. WAAAAYYYYY too mellow/ethereal for my tastes. And it'd definitely not what I think of when I think of NIN.
Old 03-04-08, 10:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by zombiezilla
I downloaded the free stuff to check it out, expecting to buy the rest immediately upon hearing the hrad-hitting techno-metal of NIN....but these songs all sucked and sounded like "jam sessions". My wife completely agreed, and she's a total Trent-head. WAAAAYYYYY too mellow/ethereal for my tastes. And it'd definitely not what I think of when I think of NIN.
Funny, it sounds to me like B-sides from The Fragile.
Old 03-04-08, 11:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Sean O'Hara
Funny, it sounds to me like B-sides from The Fragile.
I would say a mix of Year Zero and Still.
Old 03-05-08, 04:42 AM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by bunkaroo
Suprmallet, the HD editor here, has stated in the HD section he intends to order the Blu-Ray version, so I'm sure we'll get his feedback.

I already paid the $10 for the CD, but if I like it enough I may order the Blu-Ray as well.
I ordered the Deluxe Edition. I'm not sure if I'll write up an official review, as you can currently only get the Blu-ray as part of a larger $75/$300 package, but I will certainly post my thoughts here and in the HD Talk forum. Given how stellar the sound was on Beside You In Time, I imagine that this will be another fantastic aural experience.

Last edited by Supermallet; 03-05-08 at 04:46 AM.
Old 03-05-08, 10:44 AM

This is the NIN album I wanted to come out for awhile, totally instrumental made with producers that have a hardon for gear. I can see people not liking it, thinking it's just ideas and tidbits..but I can hear the process behind it and I appreciate it and I am sure others will as well. I don't think you can really pinpoint it to a particular sound of an album, it's pretty well rounded..I tend to think of the Fragile more I guess if I had to.

Also the distribution of the album and it's contents with a creative common license for $5 in a lossless format is brilliant. Everyone should buy in and support this move. Trent will make good money on this (as artists should), the $300 edition at 2500 copies nets $750,000 alone. No marketing was needed beyond a post on the official website, letting the media take care of the rest. A new era has begun.

Last edited by TripWire; 03-05-08 at 10:47 AM.
Old 03-05-08, 11:18 AM

Downloaded the first one... not a fan of this album.
Old 03-05-08, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts
While I've never been a huge NIN fan, I've always liked Trent, seems like a talented level-headed guy. Glad to see this is working out for him and he'll be getting my $5 (Enjoy some Industrial... and liked the Quake soundtrack). Seems like great music to zone out to.
Old 03-05-08, 01:14 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

How hard is it to convert the flac to a format playable on a Zune?

I am going to purchase, I just want to make sure I pick the best format. The Apple lossless format is a possibility as I believe the Zune can play m4a files, which is I think what iTunes/iPod use.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.