Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Best Led Zeppelin Song?

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live
View Poll Results: Led Zeppelin's Best Song
Dazed And Confused
5.66%
Whole Lotta Love
2.83%
Immigrant Song
4.72%
Black Dog
4.72%
Rock And Roll
4.72%
Stairway To Heaven
13.21%
The Song Remains The Same
1.89%
Kashmir
16.04%
Other (Specify)
46.23%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Best Led Zeppelin Song?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-08, 06:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Kashmir has got to be the peak for me, great lyrics, orchestration and its also a nice showcase for Bonzo's off the charts drumming.

The Song Remains the Same, What is and What Should Never Be, Dancing Days, Ten Years Gone and THE most underrated Zep song of all time, Down By the Seaside are some other favorites of mine.
Old 02-26-08, 10:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some Led Zep Trivia:

"Babe I'm Gonna Leave You" - A folk song by Anne Bredon, this was originally credited as "traditional, arranged by Jimmy Page," then "words and music by Jimmy Page," and then, following legal action, "Bredon/Page/Plant."

"Black Mountain Side" - uncredited version of a traditional folk tune previously recorded by Bert Jansch.

"Bring It On Home" - the first section is an uncredited cover of the Willie Dixon tune (as performed by the imposter Sonny Boy Williamson).

"Communication Breakdown" - apparently derived from Eddie Cochran's "Nervous Breakdown."

"Custard Pie" - uncredited cover of Bukka White's "Shake 'Em On Down," with lyrics from Sleepy John Estes's "Drop Down Daddy."

"Dazed And Confused" - uncredited cover of the Jake Holmes song (see The Above Ground Sound Of Jake Holmes).

"Hats Off To (Roy) Harper" - uncredited version of Bukka White's "Shake 'Em On Down."

"How Many More Times" - Part one is an uncredited cover of the Howlin' Wolf song (available on numerous compilations). Part two is an uncredited cover of Albert King's "The Hunter."

"In My Time Of Dying" - uncredited cover of the traditional song (as heard on Bob Dylan's debut).

"The Lemon Song" - uncredited cover of Howlin' Wolf's "Killing Floor" - Wolf's publisher sued Zeppelin in the early 70s and settled out of court.

"Moby Dick" - written and first recorded by Sleepy John Estes under the title "The Girl I Love," and later covered by Bobby Parker.

"Nobody's Fault But Mine" - uncredited cover of the Blind Willie Johnson blues.

"Since I've Been Lovin' You" - lyrics are the same as Moby Grape's "Never," though the music isn't similar.

"Stairway To Heaven" - the main guitar line is apparently from "Taurus" by Spirit.

"White Summer" - uncredited cover of Davey Graham's "She Moved Through The Fair."

"Whole Lotta Love" - lyrics are from the Willie Dixon blues "You Need Love."